Do you want more ways to customize and personalize your cars? VOTE!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mcjoz88
  • 51 comments
  • 4,436 views

Do you think we should have more options and abilites to customize our cars?

  • Yes. Livery editors, engine swapping, body kits, etc are essential aspects in racing/tuning.

    Votes: 146 86.9%
  • No, the game is fine as it is.

    Votes: 22 13.1%

  • Total voters
    168
Messages
183
United States
Pennsylvania, U
Messages
Mcjoz88
Messages
GuitarJozz
http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums/96709-gt5-feedback/suggestions/1430541-more-car-customization

In my opinion, this idea should be right up there with In Races Saves, Free Downloadable Content(which should be changed to just DLC, as asking for free DLC sounds a little greedy), etc.

As I wrote in a comment for that idea, I always felt that this was one area where the GT games were always lacking. Things like livery editor, engine swapping, tire width, body kits, changing drivetrain/transmission, etc are all pretty important aspects of tuning/racing, and should be standard in racing, aka "driving," games.

If you agree, then vote. Even if they can't implement it into GT5 for some strange reason, maybe they will consider it for GT6 or something. As it is, I'm seriously considering purchasing myself an Xbox 360 for Forza alone, because as great and as realistic as the physics and graphics of premium cars is in GT5, in the end, it still feels like the game is incomplete compared to Forza 3. And with Forza 4 on the horizon, as well as Shift 2, I feel that GT5 will be left in the dust if they don't at least try to broaden their own horizons...
 
Also, if you disagree or have a suggestion about something else they could implement into the game, we can discuss it here as well. I would like to know what other people think about this topic, or if they think it's a good idea or not.

Some people said that engine swapping should not be added, because then people would be creating frankenstein cars, like that Nissan Datsun in Forza 3.

While I do not wish to be able to do something like that in GT5, I wish to be able to do things along the lines of swapping a 2010 Camaro SS, or even a Corvette engine, into something like a 69 Camaro or the 2000 Camaro SS. Or changing the drivetrain in a car to 4WD, as well as from 4WD to FR, or MR, etc.

What do you think?
 

I loved the old classic Need for Speed games, way back when, but the newer games just don't do it for me anymore.

Engine swapping, livery editors, etc would help to expand on the customization and tuning aspects of the game in my opinion.
 
Voted yes... need moar weelzzz!! C'mon...15-20 choices when there are literally thousands of wheels available today.

Spoilers as well...c'mon one or two (butt ugly) spoilers per car???

This is supposed to be a driving simulator..let's try simulate more then 2 rear spoilers and 16 wheels choices shall we ?
 
It's a driving simulator not a tuning simulator.

There's already too much customisation for my taste anyway. Turbo on SuperGT cars ? Stupid.
I would like to change rims on standard tho.
 
More customization, definately, but the first-priority: More events, more regulations, better game - then we can add customization as a bonus feature for all of those who actually want it, and that is a lot of people.
 
More customization, definately, but the first-priority: More events, more regulations, better game - then we can add customization as a bonus feature for all of those who actually want it, and that is a lot of people.

Yes, I agree, actually. but at least if we get more votes or something, they will see that alot of us at least want a couple more ways to customize our cars.
 
Last edited:
I like the car look the way they are, I wouldn't mind more rims thou.

If u want wide kits, Decals, Vinyls go play NFS
 
YES! In NFS games my favourite bit is being able to pimp every single aspect of my car out the way I like. But in GT5 Im lucky even to find 1 per of rims I remotely like >.<
 
I wouldn't mind having a few more options to be honest, more wheels springs to mind. But one thing needs to be done, we need to be able to change wheels on standard cars.
 
Never heard anyone who plays GT wanting to "pimp" their car out...NFS for you sir!

But more wheels would be nice and the ability to change standard cars wheels. Also there needs to be an option to remove any spoilers/wings. R34 with no wing=love.

Perhaps a few more tasteful front splitter/diffusers for more cars, as far as body kits go...no thanks I we don't need the cars to start looking like cartoons there's already too much chrome and matte painting going on as it is.
 
As PD have tried to make the physics of cars, and their handling characteristics, so very accurate it would make sense that adding a reasonable amount of body kits to the game, would indeed mess those physics up.

I don't know how intrinsically linked these things would or should be (regarding how the cars geometry model translates back to wind resistance etc...) but if every adjustment to a car DID make a big change to it's performance, or lack of, then I wouldn't want a purely cosmetic effect added anyway.

I think the need for speed comments sound rather elitist... What is important, however, is how the data model translates to handling. If it was linked to do such, when coded, in that manner.

Personally I love to 'PIMP' my car out by choosing Aero items, hoods, paint jobs and rims. Nothing wrong with that or is that 'not pimping'? o.O

My two cents.
 
I think PD should remove half of the standards and some premiums and give us more proper premiums & tuning / styling options for all of those remaining cars ... I'd enjoy that much more ... Aerodynamic body kits could also be included for those who just scream Forza everytime this topic is brought up.

For god's sake why include everyday road cars and not have styling options, there is an entire car scene devoted to modified cars and I think that should be incorporated in GT5 ... But hey, I just want to chrome my Castrol Supra lol! :P
 
When I say body kits, and liveries and things like that, I don't mean the need for speed kind with that flashy chrome 22 inch rims garbage, I mean actual racing style kits and decals/liveries, etc. I would definitely NOT want to pimp my car out like NFS or Midnight Club. For example, I meant we should be able to do things more like this:

20081129-nismo-gtr-05.jpg


AND THIS

2012-ford-racing-mustang-_1280x0w.jpg


Things like that. Actual racing style body kits, rims, liveries, etc.

And about engine swaps, nothing over the top. I was aiming at realistic style, that would fit right in with the GT universe. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAHStTUPEkA

7:18 shows where they are actually taking the old engine out. This is what I meant. Like taking an old engine from a 69 Camaro, and putting in something like the engine from the 2010 Camaro SS. So basically using cars that are already in the game. Nothing over the top or anything. People swap engines all the time in real life. My brother has a project he's working on. He's going to be putting a Mustang engine into his 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis. He's basically turning an automatic luxury style car into a classic muscle car.

When I talk about things like customization and that, I do not mean that Fast and Furious Need for Speed Midnight Club garbage. I mean realistic engine swaps, realistic racing body kits, and so forth...
 
I basically want a Livery Editor like Forza except with GT5 graphics and available for the PS3(obviously)
 
Any way to personalize our car would be better than the limited options we have now. I don't know about you, but even when I go to amateur (SCCA) races around here, everyone at least has a number on their car, if not sponsors, stripes, and decals. Have you ever seen a race where everyone is driving a car that looks like it came from the dealership?

I understand the sentiment against "tuner mods" with fully-customized aero kits that usually are meant for looks rather than actual racing advantages, but to say that any customization for cars is unrealistic in a racing simulator reeks of ignorance.

Even my "stock" car from the dealership came with racing stripes down the middle (notice my avatar?). I can't even do that in GT5.
 
Is this the Midnight Club or NFS:Underground forum? I thought we were discussing GT.

I'd rather see PD fix some real issues...
 
I'd like a single button that says "I'll have the lot" when it comes to upgrading a new car!
 
I want to be able to recreate my car in the game

picture.php


picture.php
 
I would love to be able to change the tire pressures, and camber one each individual wheel. If crappy EA games like the NASCAR series ones allow it...and it can be done to a car "RL" then why not on the world's most superfantastic driving simulator?
 
I'm gonna make a poll.

Do you want GT5 to have more stuff?

Yes

No


--------


Enough already...
 
Is this the Midnight Club or NFS:Underground forum? I thought we were discussing GT.

I'd rather see PD fix some real issues...

Stop referencing those games. Please. I wasn't asking for that type of crap. I posted pictures of the styles of livery editing and body kits I wish we'd be able to use in GT5. I even said in my last post that I wasn't referring to that style of customization. Read a little more...

And this is a real issue, as these are things that are very relevant in the real world of racing, so why not in the real racing/driving simulator?
 
I agree. We need more customization options just like the ones of the cars you posted. As long as they look proper and clean like those pics, I don't see the problem. It's done in real motorsport, so why not have it in the game? For me, it would add a lot because I don't like having my car look the same as everyone elses all the time.

People who don't want to modify their car in anyway can do just that. No need to try to shut the idea out.
 
Last edited:
Wait, didn't I just see this on GFaqs? Whatever...

I think it's fine, I don't pay much attention to the visuals, just the performance.
First give me customizable gear ratios...
 
I agree. We need more customization options just like the ones of the cars you posted. As long as they look proper and clean like those pics, I don't see the problem. It's done in real motorsport, so why not have it in the game? For me, it would add a lot because I don't like having my car look the same as everyone elses all the time.

People who don't want to modify their car in anyway can do just that. No need to try to shut the idea out.

GT6: Complete with beer, hot dogs, nachos, and trashy women at every NASCAR event.

//I'm a fan of NASCAR and have been to a few races, don't try to tell me that I'm being elitist because it's [sad, but] true.
 
Useful real world parts and modifications would be nice. If the argument against it is GT is a driving simulator then lets just get rid of the racing aspect of the game. He asked for modifications that would let you build SCCA/GT class cars.
 
Is this the Midnight Club or NFS:Underground forum? I thought we were discussing GT.

I'd rather see PD fix some real issues...
Lacking functionality that your direct competitor has had for 3 years at that point (and, in several hundred notable instances, functionality that previous games in the series happily displayed) is a real issue. Admittedly not one as serious as fixing the problems with the game, but an issue nonetheless.
 
GT's tuning is very sub par. We need proper adjustments in the proper increments, screw all this random number stuff. What does 0 to 20 mean for a spoiler adjustment? Or 0 to 6 for my roll bars, I want it in ftlbs like it is irl. And Tire width, well you get the point. Only non tuners would not want this feature.
 
Ill agree that I want more tuning. I want to actually be able to have a faster car because its tuned better than the guys next to me.
 
Back