Do you want more ways to customize and personalize your cars? VOTE!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mcjoz88
  • 51 comments
  • 4,436 views

Do you think we should have more options and abilites to customize our cars?

  • Yes. Livery editors, engine swapping, body kits, etc are essential aspects in racing/tuning.

    Votes: 146 86.9%
  • No, the game is fine as it is.

    Votes: 22 13.1%

  • Total voters
    168
Although I would also like more customizable visual aspects, I would rather see other aspects of the game looked at first, i.e more/better replay controls, fix blocky shadows, add rules to events, better A.I., more events, and more tunable tuning. Once all that more important stuff is done, then yes, I would love a livery editter and more bodykit options. Another thing I personally would like, although this is about to sound abit NFS-ish, is specific aftermarket modification parts. Why is everything for maximum horsepower, why not More revs, better fuel economy, more torque, more precise and more tuning? If you get what I mean.
 
Prefer to have a greater range of wheels and be placed in the standard car and, rather than a airbrushing and spoilers,etc.... You agree??
 
I agree that there are other issues with the game that should be addressed as well, such as the blocky shadows, smoke effect glitches, more events, individual gear ratios, saving during endurance races, etc, but customization of cars is also a very important feature.

The addition of customization such as engine swaps, a greater selection of rims/body and aero kits, livery editor, and so forth could also potentially open up the opportunity for another online mode, where we create racing teams with certain car specs and looks, and we can race other player created racing teams.

Plus, it would allow far more possibilities when it comes to tuning, which could in turn add more replayability/longevity, if they also create more seasonal events/races for A-Spec mode...

I think granting us the abilities to personalize our cars and add more tuning possibilities would be a great addition to the game, and would help the GT series in the long run as well. Look at the poll... It seems the majority of us would like at least a couple more ways to customize/personalize our cars. Definitely not to the degree of Midnight Furious Underground Club[Insert random Ricing Pimped out cliche here], but if they could add some features in such a way that fits in nicely with the GT world and style, it would be a most welcome addition...
 
Last edited:
Creating a proper Time Attack car?

Yes, please!

Body kits, engine swaps, after market wings and wheels, liveries... Those things have it all. And they're all go, no show.
So, to be frank: If someone associates body kits, engine swaps and liveries with Midnight Club car pimpin' or whatever, there's two possible reason, in my opinion:
1) They don't know squat about the fact that there's loads of that stuff dedicated to performance only.
2) They're hating on everything GT5 doesn't do on principle.
 
It's a driving simulator not a tuning simulator.

There's already too much customisation for my taste anyway. Turbo on SuperGT cars ? Stupid.
I would like to change rims on standard tho.

lol typical tasteless comment


and yes, i would love more customization in gt5.
a driving simulator it is, and a complete one at that, however

some people really get attatched to the game because they really get attatched to a single car that they love to makeshift into they're own art..then put it on the track

its what people irl do everyday...
*driving simulator*
 
GT's tuning is very sub par. We need proper adjustments in the proper increments, screw all this random number stuff. What does 0 to 20 mean for a spoiler adjustment? Or 0 to 6 for my roll bars, I want it in ftlbs like it is irl. And Tire width, well you get the point. Only non tuners would not want this feature.

This is what the gt world is comming to thought

Oddly enough you can look at things like call of duty and compare it

call of duty 4 was all about fps and players who were skilled highly in reaction time, where as the newer series black ops and mw2 are more about newer players being able to do good by getting kill streaks and such with little skill.

The same goes for gt5
and the evo X

and why hybrid car dont go fast

and why you talk to society less intelligently so they can understand you, even though you feel dumb doing it
 
22 inch chrome rims would be nice...and flashy. GT5 definitely needs more ways to customize cars.
 
if Gran turismo and Forza came together and made a game it would be the best most badass racing game in history and future..lol
 
22 inch chrome rims would be nice...and flashy. GT5 definitely needs more ways to customize cars.

oh a wise guy, eh?

THREE+STOOGES+CURLY.jpg


but seriously though, are you trying to be funny, or are you serious about the rims...? Because if you are being funny, then haha.. but if not, then read the whole topic before you post next time...lol
 
We definitely need more options. Whoever wants to argues about it being a "racing sim" need to wake up. Racing is about modification. The majority of racing series allows you to modify the cars. Most of the time further in detail then GT5 could ever come close to. To completely simulate the racing experience... I think we need to have much more robust tuning options. To the people who bring up NFS... you need to wake up as well. There have been tons of well thought out comments in the past on how this wouldn't affect you "non tuners" at least. Just because they put a bodykit or livery editor in a game doesn't mean you need to put flames on every car you own. Use common sense people before inserting your foot into your esophagus. Also there are tons of race cars out there with vinyls that I would bet the most hardcore fans would drive. There are just too many pros compared to cons. We need more. Gt5 being a 2010 game has a laughable amount of tuning options. Just the addition of drive train swaps so we can make cars RWD would thrill a huge community of drifters.
 
We have to remember here, that we're talking about a game that when you buy a car for Nascar (or the FGT), you have to have a duplicate of an existing car, and you can't change the colour. Racing in a car, that is an exact duplicate (in every way) to an AI car, is just poor.

You show your mates a replay "which one's you", "I'm the number 10"... "which number 10, there's 2?" comes their reply. If nothing else, you should be able to have a unique car as your car, not just a copy.

No, all that cosmetic customisation doesn't make your car go faster, but it makes it yours. You wouldn't be accused of being a wannabee drifter if you wanted to personalise your real car, so why are the two linked here?

Could it be that the NFS comments, are by pre-pubescent boys, who wanna look the real cool driver guy on GT5, by belittling other games? A bit counter productive if it is, because it's a big hello to fail city. Standard cars, in standard colours, with standard parts is dull.

PD need to rev it up a little, give the game some personality, because at the moment, it's like the geek in the corner, at the real cool party.
 
I'd like to see my PSN ID as my car registation instead of lets say Audi TT blah blah blah .. Would make the car feel more like mine. Would not be a good idea for online racing though with all the immature racers with swear words for PSN ID's racing around with it on thier cars.
 
I just saw an article on Shift 2 Unleashed, and it looks like they are really aiming for realistic simulation racer this time. I'll have to find the link again, but it was posted in a different topic in a different forum on here I think.

It details on how they are aiming to recreate the feeling of driving and racing with the cars, down to the tiniest little nook and cranny. It says how they had actual real life pro racers test the game, and give feedback as to how the car feels, how much downforce a particular car should have, where the shifting nob is placed in the cockpit view, etc...

I am going to have to look out for Shift 2, and I might have to keep my eye on it more...

If GT5 doesn't up its game at all(remote b-spec racing is definitely not gonna cut it), then I think it might end up being left in the dust once Shift 2 and Forza Motorsports 4 are released...

I really feel that a host of new customization options, such as maybe letting us actually personalize/customize the car when we do the Race Modification. Maybe let us choose what types of racing body kits to install, and what the livery looks like, etc.

Plus, things like engine swapping(which looks like they will be including in Shift 2 even), more tuning options, rim choices, etc, will definitely help GT5 expand and compete with these other games...

If I find that article on Shift 2 again, I'll post it here.
 
Not really interested in engine swaps or body kits, but it would be nice to have more wheel choices & be able to put them on standard cars. How come I was able to change the wheels on the VW Beetle (the Fuchs wheels looked great) in Prologue, but not on this newer, more advanced game?

I'd also like the option of adding turbos to more american cars. I can add twin turbos to a Corvette in real life (thank you Lingenfelter), but can't in a GT game?
 
It's a driving simulator not a tuning simulator.

There's already too much customisation for my taste anyway. Turbo on SuperGT cars ? Stupid.
I would like to change rims on standard tho.

Why is this Stupid? for those less talented it gives them a better chance at winning.. not EVERYONE is an expert in GT5 so it's a god idea to allow tuning to such cars..
 
There are other things i would like they fixed first, like more events and saves in endurance races and championships, but i do think it would be a good addition to the game, also i don't understand why you can't put a turbo/supercharger on things like Lamborghinis or BMW M cars. I mean, it has been done before so why can't we get the same freedom in the game as you can in real life? That seems like the wrong way around don't it?
 
Manufacturer Limitations on what PD can add to these cars is why you can't add a turbo to a ferrari or lamborghini etc. It's all about Copyright :)
 
My bigest hope for DLC in GT 5 is an cup emulator, whit credits and specs
linked up to difficulty.Then lets talk about what a big game this is.
Afterall, when you come to level 35 (A-Spec) the gameplay turns intoo
sirup.
 
I dont think Shift 2 ever will as good as gt5 when i comes to quality and physics, just look af all the porevious NFS titles, they are all garbage. NFS arent specialised in physics. Forza 4 is to buy if you have 360, but it wont have better physics than gt5/gt6. Forza 3 physics are so much worse after playing gt5.
 
I dont think Shift 2 ever will as good as gt5 when i comes to quality and physics, just look af all the porevious NFS titles, they are all garbage. NFS arent specialised in physics. Forza 4 is to buy if you have 360, but it wont have better physics than gt5/gt6. Forza 3 physics are so much worse after playing gt5.

And a game's focus can't be changed, right? NFS clearly did that with Shift 1. I don'r really expect Shift 2 to be as decent as GT5 as far as physics go, but, well, we'll see about that.
And as far as Forza goes: FM3 is closer in terms of phisycs than many people would like to admit, so I don't see why FM4 couldn't be on par with GT5.

And both games will most likely trounce GT in terms of customisation... Hell, their predecessors do :lol:
If only PD paid a little attention to their competition and learned a thing or two from them. It could've turned a good-ish game like GT5 into an awesome experience...
 
If u want wide kits, Decals, Vinyls go play NFS

I dunno about you, but the race cars in my GT5 has decals and vinyls.....or did I bought the arcade edition by mistake?
 
Back