Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
I can't remember what I had already posted ITT, but the way I'd approach it, is that I wouldn't include nostalgic content for nostalgia's sake, but more so in a functional way. For example, if I were designing the campaign, I'd expand it by having certain events be selectable under certain brands, much like we did in GT4.
I'd want for the manufacturer events to be selectable under brands (it was in GT2 too), and I like that GTS returned the car brand's significance with Brand Central (Brand summary, tagline, Museum, Video, etc.), unlike GT5 and GT6. But if you talk about nostalgic content in functional way, would having manufacturer event being listed at the brand leads the player to click on more menus to access certain events?
On this same subject, I'd include events from prior games, especially if there are multiple cars that fit an older event's regulations. One such example would be The Race of the Red "R" Emblem, as there will be four Nissan Skyline GT-R models in GT7. This would be as opposed to bringing back the similar Nissan GT-R Cup from GTS. Alternatively, maybe both of those two particular events could return, with the latter being for the R35, especially if we eventually see the return of the first two iterations of the R35 - the Spec V and the Black Edition.
I'd like for the events to contains different levels of car performance, like from low level perfomance, mid, and finally high level of that car type to enter, and for nostalgic content again, it's like GT2 and GT3. Like for GT-R cup here, I want to see the craziness of the high level event being filled with max-tuned GT-R (with or without RM too) of any kind like R33 or R35, with cars like Skyline GT-R GT500 and GT-R R35 GT500 joining in there as well.

1632658204729.png

Finally, I liked GT6's idea of being able to pick the color of a prize car, as well as the fact that prize cars in most prior GT games had a motif that tied into the event. I can only hope that there'll be some interesting picks for prize cars in GT7's events. Maybe they could be somewhat random, with a range of one to four possible prize cars, but they'd all fit into the motif of the event, rather than in GT3 where they seemed a bit more random. With the French Hot Hatch event, I could see the prize car being a Renault Sport model, like the Clio V6 24V, as I doubt we'd win a Citroen DS3 or Peugeot 208 GTI for an event we would already need them for.
"The motif of the event" - Completing Le Mans endurance race gets you the most expensive car in the game like Ferrari 330 P4 which was an LM legend.
Actually, here's an idea. Maybe instead of prize cars, they could do something similar to GT5, where we get vouchers instead. That could allow us to pick a car in a given group - such as the aforementioned French Hot Hatches - and even pick its color. Plus, winning an event would guarantee that the resulting prize car could count towards our respective Pokedex GT Cafe collection.
I don't think that voucher or the car directly appearing allows us to pick a car in given group, they can also make the player gaining random voucher of for example, the 4 chosen vouchers for the prize cars. I'd think voucher's advantage is that the player can choose to accept the prize car or not.

I'd like for the events to contains different levels of car performance, like from low level perfomance, mid, and finally high level of that car type to enter, and for nostalgic content again, it's like GT2 and GT3. Like for GT-R cup here, I want to see the craziness of the high level event being filled with max-tuned GT-R (with or without RM too) of any kind like R33 or R35, with cars like Skyline GT-R GT500 and GT-R R35 GT500 joining in there as well.

View attachment 1082769
I do like this idea, especially now that the PP system is back. You could have multiple iterations of the same event, but with higher PP limits. Although I'd personally prefer to have multiple iterations of the same event kept to a minimum like in GT Sport, as I think there are still tons of motifs that could either be brought back from previous campaign events, or ones that've yet to be seen in a GT campaign.

but they'd all fit into the motif of the event, rather than in GT3 where they seemed a bit more random.
Honestly I think this is a bad idea because it disrupts the flow of the game. If you're going to win a prize car it'd be much more beneficial to people to earn a car that they can use in the next few events rather than a car for an event they had already won.

Last edited:
I do like this idea, especially now that the PP system is back. You could have multiple iterations of the same event, but with higher PP limits. Although I'd personally prefer to have multiple iterations of the same event kept to a minimum like in GT Sport, as I think there are still tons of motifs that could either be brought back from previous campaign events, or ones that've yet to be seen in a GT campaign.
I actually gave GT2 screenshot to show how the events should be sorted, all of the event levels (lower, mid, higher levels) are in 1 event menu, like where there in GT2 both of the 295 and 345 hp limit are all in 1 Japan National event.

Honestly I think this is a bad idea because it disrupts the flow of the game. If you're going to win a prize car it'd be much more beneficial to people to earn a car that they can use in the next few events rather than a car for an event they had already won.
We should consider the GT Cafe collections, too. Maybe the game could read your garage and gift you a car that's both related to the motif, and helps to build a collection, too. This could especially be the case for events that also have a corresponding collection, which we can already see with the French Hot Hatch event.

So for example, if you complete that event, and you've bought both the Citroen DS3 and the Peugeot 208 GTI, the game will gift you the Renault Sport model that's remaining in the French Hot Hatch collection. If you've bought all three cars, the prize car becomes one of the cars in the collection gifted at random.

But even if we win a prize car that would mostly be eligible for the event we just finished, it could be nice to have multiples of the same model, as you could have one to leave as stock, and one to modify - and maybe multiple ones to modify with different parts, for different PP limits, and so on.

My idea, however, wouldn't necessarily be to gift a car that's also eligible for the event you just completed, but rather something you might not realize immediately unless you read the flavor text. For example, the Lotus Elise Type 72 could be a prize car for a F1500T-A event, as it was a special Elise model that was made to commemorate Lotus' F1 heritage.

I think it'd be too easy to just win prize cars you can immediately use in the next event, as there'd be less incentive to buy cars, whether it'd be from the dealerships, the UCD, or BA.

I actually gave GT2 screenshot to show how the events should be sorted, all of the event levels (lower, mid, higher levels) are in 1 event menu, like where there in GT2 both of the 295 and 345 hp limit are all in 1 Japan National event.
Yeah, I could dig that - but only for a tiny minority of events, like in GTS. So if there's an event with a pretty broad motif, like the ones for FR/MR/FF/4WD cars, I could see there being multiple levels for that, but not something more specific. That said, I could see there being at least two levels for the J-Sports Meeting if it returns, too. One iteration could feature the JDM sports cars with about 300HP, and a later version could have higher-powered Japanese cars, like the Lexus RC F, the Nissan GT-R, or the second-generation Honda NSX.

One thing I wonder about is whether we should have the Supercar Festival, the Premium Sports Lounge, or both in GT7. If either pops up, I'm hoping more specific car regulations also go with them. Like, I don't want to be able to enter something like a KTM X-Bow into the PSL - I want to only be able to enter seriously bougie cars, like Aston Martins and Ferraris, or the newer BMW M8.

Basically, I'm hoping what we can enter will correspond with our typical opponents for the overwhelming majority of events. But I digress.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could dig that - but only for a tiny minority of events, like in GTS. So if there's an event with a pretty broad motif, like the ones for FR/MR/FF/4WD cars, I could see there being multiple levels for that, but not something more specific. That said, I could see there being at least two levels for the J-Sports Meeting if it returns, too. One iteration could feature the JDM sports cars with about 300HP, and a later version could have higher-powered Japanese cars, like the Lexus RC F, the Nissan GT-R, or the second-generation Honda NSX.

One thing I wonder about is whether we should have the Supercar Festival, the Premium Sports Lounge, or both in GT7. If either pops up, I'm hoping more specific car regulations also go with them. Like, I don't want to be able to enter something like a KTM X-Bow into the PSL - I want to only be able to enter seriously bougie cars, like Aston Martins and Ferraris, or the newer BMW M8.

Basically, I'm hoping what we can enter will correspond with our typical opponents for the overwhelming majority of events. But I digress.
I mean like I'm bringing up GT2 one so the event won't show up several times like in GT3 or tiny minority in GTS. Like nothing wrong right to add bigger race number for each event like for example 9 races inside Electric Circuits (for hybrids and electric cars) event with each 3 being divided into low (your usual Priuses), mid, and high level (for cars like LaFerrari or such)? For the JDM sports cars for the later varsion, also add up tuned up Supra RZ, R34, NSX, etc that got up to 500-ish hp (like GT Cup in GT1) so they can be on par with those higher-powered one (at stock). GT3's Like the Wind was iirc the one that adds maxed out cars from stock cars like Viper GTS, albeit there are mistakes like Zonda and Esprit's top speeds.

1632728247293.png

For GT4, Premium Sports Lounge is only restricted to certain cars (along with a more complete list in GTPlanet):
1632728077606.png

Last edited:
Back