Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
I just want to change my oil and wash my cars

I liked with the car wash that it actually led your car to becoming dirty. And staying that way until you washed it.

Red Rock Valley Speedway or whatever it was called. Just from the fact that it kept with its hugely wide track, it would be a popular track for online races. Fast, simple, perfect for the wreckfests of some Sport Mode style races.

If by nostalgic content you mean the return of classic tracks and cars from GT1-6, and the excellent menu music by Isamu Ohira, then yes, there's pretty much nothing I want more.
I want the '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7 back, with stunning functional indicators.
I want to scream around Clubman Stage Route 5 in a Mazda AZ-1 (I don't know why any GT6 Premium wouldn't be in Sport).
I want to flick an Evo VI rally car around Smokey Mountain North (or Tahiti Maze, or best of all, Pike's Peak.)
I want several Daihatsu Midget II D-types in divers colours and states of tune.
I could do this all month.

I want to flick an Evo VI rally car around Smokey Mountain North (or Tahiti Maze, or best of all, Pike's Peak.)
I want several Daihatsu Midget II D-types in divers colours and states of tune.
I could do this all month.

The car doesn’t matter. Any of those rally tracks.

I was thinking, while it wouldn’t include the non-Japanese brands, but adding enough Kei cars (past and present) to run a championship with. Online like we have here on GTP, or in an FIA setting. What better feeder to the current Gr 4 and Gr 3 cars.

Last edited:

I was thinking, while it wouldn’t include the non-Japanese brands, but adding enough Kei cars (past and present) to run a championship with. Online like we have here on GTP, or in an FIA setting. What better feeder to the curremt Gr 4 and Gr 3 cars.
We have the Daihatsu VGT and we did get the Cappuccino RM from GT5P. I'm all for that.

I was thinking, while it wouldn’t include the non-Japanese brands, but adding enough Kei cars (past and present) to run a championship with. Online like we have here on GTP, or in an FIA setting. What better feeder to the curremt Gr 4 and Gr 3 cars.
Some specific cars aren't too important, yeah. (the Cougar is that important, it's the reason we have indicators on the touch pad)
More Kei racing is always welcome, offline, online, officially or otherwise. I'd be fine with single spec though, how could a Move beat a Beat?

I know, but it seems that 05XR8 was saying about the Cappuccino being in GTS (which it isn't) - or maybe a reading comprehension on my part...
Not that the Capuccino isn't in GTS. It's that we did get a Capuccino RM at one point. Thinking about Hayden saying kei car championship being a feeder to Gr.4 & Gr.3. Those RM kei cars, are doable to be included in such a feeder series.

I think I’d honestly rather have them put time into new real life tracks than spend time resurrecting old ones.

Imagine having all the current BTCC tracks or F1 circuits added

Imagine having all the current BTCC tracks or F1 circuits added
I understand where you're coming from, as an esport, if GT had the whole BTCC calendar it could gain traction over iRacing in that area, or if it had the F1 circuits it could compete with Codies' F1.
Besides being a sport it's also a game with a rich history of original tracks that we definitely can't have in any other game, so I'm on the side of hoping GT focuses on what it did best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against adding Thruxton, I'd just prioritise racing Midfield with a full day/night cycle.

I'd think up like this personally:
  • GT1= Special Stage Route 11 (unfortunately this is the only thing I can say other than this game being the one started it all)
  • GT2 = Racing modifications, obscure unique and memorable cars (ex: Espace F1), manufacturer events, race events divided into certain hp level.
  • GT3 = Fast menu navigations, AI, soundtrack, racing focus, impact for the series.
  • GT4 = Most elaborate GT Mode, most amount of same quality cars, most tuning options, Photo Mode, Driving Missions.
  • GT5 = NASCAR/Rally's car damage, GT Academy, most garage limit, Online Collectors dealership, Seasonal events.
  • GT6 = Most amount of cars, most amount of tracks, varied modification for cars (compared to other GTs), track editor, special events, dynamic weather & time.
  • GTS = FIA, online and Sport Mode stuff, livery editor, graphics, most realistic physics, car sounds.

Just be noted that Racing Modifications don't set up your car's performance into certain spec. It just enhanced the current car's performance a bit (320 HP Supra with RM would still be 320 HP Supra, but with racing perks), though for GT5 it's more shown with an altered hp and weight. But yeah, with the game nowadays with livery editor, Racing Modifications are the way to get the "aftermarket bodykit" (albeit there are aero kits on GT Auto) by applying a car with it and strip the vinyls, although it's very expensive.

BTW, how's Tuner Village is one of the best features?

If they manage to do something like this it would be phenomenal :) As well as better physics with tires, downforce and better damage and temperature as well :)

More Kei racing is always welcome, offline, online, officially or otherwise. I'd be fine with single spec though, how could a Move beat a Beat?

Perhaps by including a PP limit? All variants of the Beat in GT6 have a PP of about 305, whereas the various Daihatsu models can get as low as 276, if you exclude the Midget II. But on the other hand, some other kei cars from Daihatsu in GT6 can get as high as 328 PP. I mean, the Beat seems to have about 63 HP and weighs 760 kg, whereas the Daihatsu models can get as heavy as 920 kg, but also as light as 700 kg. Then there's the Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) which is as light as 690 kg! And for what it's worth, the Honda S660 weighs in at about 830 kg, too. I think a minimum weight of 805 kg would suffice - as it's the average of 920 and 690 - with the option to add weight to cars. If we look at the tuning ranges of the heaviest kei car in GT6, the Daihatsu Move Custom RS Limited, then even that should still be able to shed about 115 kg to meet the minimum weight I had in mind. Meanwhile, the HP limit should stay as it is for actual kei cars: 64 HP, and no more. Oh, and any tuning aside from power/weight would be prohibited.

Last edited:
More testing. GT followed Best Motoring videos.

We had skid pans, test tracks, stop watches - so to speak. Time trials are a given, but we had options to tune and see what works. See how a car behaves, even while stock.

If PD could add the wind tunnel from the GT Sport in-game demo, along with past year facilities and speed data options, it allows for a more intimate connection with the cars players choose.

I think GT7 will have a good amount of nostalgic traits, I seem to remember an interview with Kaz saying that he's been approached by many fans through the GT Sport FIA events and it's given him a better idea of what the fans want. The GT4 style menu and Trial Mountain focus in the announcement trailer speaks volumes. GT Sport had plenty of nostalgic things despite its esports focus, especially some of the single player championships added post game. I just hope they include a large variety of single player series' because in the last few games you buy a car and there's hardly any races you can use it for. Bring back manufacturer races!

I trully liked the track editor in GT 5, I wish there could be a better one in GT7 in which we could make some complex 15 km long mountain tracks and sharable with other players
I don't expect a legit track editor from the beginning, but to boost the game at the end of its lifetime in 2-3 years, that would be great! But than please the real deal, with all kind of adjustments for a free creation.

I'm of the opinion the vast majority here and outside want MOSTLY fan service cars, mechanics, tracks... plus a few sprinkles of modern stuff like the new Nissan 400z and tone down the VGTs... and the track stalwarts like silverstone, monaco, watkins, motegi, road america/road atlanta, sebring, talledega...

I wish PD was more attuned to the 'zeitgeist'... reading the room.

It amazes me that when Ford vs Ferrari was coming out they didnt do an impromptu Ferrari 330p4 vs Ford GT40 MkIV challenge.

I mean Le Mans is already there. They coulda just used that free publicity to do some events at the same time without even paying for any licensing...

I'm so happy to see these two, definitely my childhood heroes. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the return of the 1999 Pennzoil GT-R, so it really put a big smile on my face. :)

Here's hoping for the JGTC era NSX to return, and the almighty JGTC trio will be back!

241815934_405149620957258_5830234825590352210_n.png

I'm so happy to see these two, definitely my childhood heroes. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the return of the 1999 Pennzoil GT-R, so it really put a big smile on my face. :)

Here's hoping for the JGTC era NSX to return, and the almighty JGTC trio will be back!

View attachment 1080094
I'm sure we'll be seeing our old purple Raybrig friend soon enough, if not at launch then in an update. These cars are not just fan favourites, but likely PD favourites too.

I wonder now if it's Kaz or someone else on the team that liked the Daihatsu Midget II enough to have it modelled twice, but hopefully they've got enough pull to bring our tiny truck hero back too. 😁

edit: fan not Dan

Last edited:
Imagine how great GT would be if they didn't keep dropping certain features for each iteration.
  • Racing Mods
  • Used Cars
  • Used Wheels
  • GT Auto
  • Track Creator
  • All Original Circuits
  • etc, etc

It's one of the reasons why, to me, it's the best game in the franchise. Now, imagine 20-24 of these in GT7.

Look at the many options to upgrade the car alone.

With Porsche available to all games, I call the return of these

We had the F1, CLK, GT-One, Panoz, etc. Bring them back in the proper class.
Viper GTS can return and we have the 993 RS CS and 996. The race cars would be easy to add.

I guess PD will get back to us about the Track Creator.

I can't remember what I had already posted ITT, but the way I'd approach it, is that I wouldn't include nostalgic content for nostalgia's sake, but more so in a functional way. For example, if I were designing the campaign, I'd expand it by having certain events be selectable under certain brands, much like we did in GT4.

On this same subject, I'd include events from prior games, especially if there are multiple cars that fit an older event's regulations. One such example would be The Race of the Red "R" Emblem, as there will be four Nissan Skyline GT-R models in GT7. This would be as opposed to bringing back the similar Nissan GT-R Cup from GTS. Alternatively, maybe both of those two particular events could return, with the latter being for the R35, especially if we eventually see the return of the first two iterations of the R35 - the Spec V and the Black Edition.

I'd also keep certain original musical pieces, like the jingle that played for winning a prize car in the PS2-era games. It would certainly seem that GT Sport has an interesting idea, where the jingles for winning bronze/silver/gold for licenses seem to come from prior installments.

Finally, I liked GT6's idea of being able to pick the color of a prize car, as well as the fact that prize cars in most prior GT games had a motif that tied into the event. I can only hope that there'll be some interesting picks for prize cars in GT7's events. Maybe they could be somewhat random, with a range of one to four possible prize cars, but they'd all fit into the motif of the event, rather than in GT3 where they seemed a bit more random. With the French Hot Hatch event, I could see the prize car being a Renault Sport model, like the Clio V6 24V, as I doubt we'd win a Citroen DS3 or Peugeot 208 GTI for an event we would already need them for.

Actually, here's an idea. Maybe instead of prize cars, they could do something similar to GT5, where we get vouchers instead. That could allow us to pick a car in a given group - such as the aforementioned French Hot Hatches - and even pick its color. Plus, winning an event would guarantee that the resulting prize car could count towards our respective Pokedex GT Cafe collection.

EDIT: Something I also liked about GT Sport's campaign was the idea that new events could be added in updates. Given that GT7 is confirmed to have car/track DLC, I think it'd be a missed opportunity to not also include new events that would make use of these additional cars/tracks, even if it just means that some of the events seen at GT7's launch are updated to allow DLC models. For example, if the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110 is DLC, and if GT7 has Race of the Red "R" Emblem at launch, then the regulations could be updated to permit the C110.

Last edited:
Back