Do you want to host a room, but hate waiting for people to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrunch Houston

Now in Louisville KY
Premium
Messages
3,315
United States
Kentucky
Messages
Chrunch_Houston
List your newly opened room here: The 'Who's Online NOW' thread.

If everyone on GTPlanet that starts a room, announces it here, then there would be plenty of great rooms for everyone that didn't want to host, but just wanted to race.

If all of the Hosters at GTPlanet posted in that thread when they opened their room(surely hundreds a day),

Those looking for a place to race would be easy to find.
 
It's worth advertising in here the link above and the online section of GTPlanet in general. I think a lot of people are not as aware or can be bothered navigating around the multiple sections of GTPlanet. You'd have a lot more interest if the online now thread was in this main GT6 section. Multiple GTP sections may help keep things tidy but also limit visibility to many, especially those looking for a quick match up who don't want to spend loads of time searching through GTP.

The ideal situation would be all GTP members being part of a casual club within GT6. Then multiple GTP rooms could be setup by any members that are viewable within the game for GTP Club members. At least until the community features are released this of course is a pipe dream and depending on what PD do, may always be.
 
Good idea OP! And if everyone interested subscribes to that thread, they'll get notified each time a room number is posted up.


:cheers:
 
When you see the online room list, you notice that too many people open them, and most of them are so empty.

Don't create rooms, join existing ones.
 
If you read the op and had basic reading comprehension skills then it is self explanatory.

Good idea op. 👍👍👍
Well if you read it carefully, you'll see it's basically advertising another thread.
 
Well if you read it carefully, you'll see it's basically advertising another thread.

Then that would be the point of the thread. Am I missing something here?
 
Then that would be the point of the thread. Am I missing something here?
Well I'm pretty sure advertising is frowned upon. Especially making a separate thread.
 
I see what he's trying to do & I think its a good idea, I've had various rooms open for hours before now but no one joins, probably because I run no ABS on racing cars, but as projectWHaT says I dont think the mods will like it.
 
Well I'm pretty sure advertising is frowned upon. Especially making a separate thread.

Yes I understand that much. But you asked what the point of the thread was and nothing else. I think that is self evident despite any strawman argument you throw in between the lines.
 
Yes I opened this thread to promote this thread which I started after a little re-thinking, after starting this thread.

Let me be clear though, my goal is not to start or promote threads. My goal is to get hosts and racers togethers.

Just imagine a place, where everyone who started a room posted their room's information. Then anyone who wanted to race could check that place, and browse through the listings until they found the type of room they wanted.

That is what I envision, a clearing house of sorts. But hosts have got to post there for it to work.
 
When you see the online room list, you notice that too many people open them, and most of them are so empty.

Don't create rooms, join existing ones.
Thanks Dad. This idea gives hosts a chance to advertise directly to a captive audience and hopefully build a following amongst GTP members. Joining random rooms with few people in them is basically like throwing the dice, you don't know what you're going to get.
 
I agree with JP, im gonna give it a go & post a room in your link OP to see what happens.
 
What's the point of this thread?
I thought it was just going to be a rant from an impatient poster (of which I am, I hate to wait for a room to fill up), it's a great idea/thread!

Well if you read it carefully, you'll see it's basically advertising another thread.
linking to another thread in the same forum isn't advertising

When you see the online room list, you notice that too many people open them, and most of them are so empty.

Don't create rooms, join existing ones.
I trust more a GTP user than a random online person...
 
Thanks Dad. This idea gives hosts a chance to advertise directly to a captive audience and hopefully build a following amongst GTP members. Joining random rooms with few people in them is basically like throwing the dice, you don't know what you're going to get.
I trust more a GTP user than a random online person...
What do you guys mean by RANDOM? We're all random according to this logic! We're all people, we're all GT players. You knever know what you're going to get but for god's sake have some good mood and faith that the room you're going to choose will be good! Geez such negativity...!

And if you join a bad room, what happens?? You die? LOL. Just exit the room and join another one, drama queens. ;)
 
What do you guys mean by RANDOM? We're all random according to this logic! We're all people, we're all GT players. You knever know what you're going to get but for god's sake have some good mood and faith that the room you're going to choose will be good! Geez such negativity...!

And if you join a bad room, what happens?? You die? LOL. Just exit the room and join another one, drama queens. ;)
Time, it's in short supply. In my experience, when I've ran across a fellow GTP'er online, it's almost always a positive experience. They are usually well behaved on track and faster than the average driver. I don't have time to go from room to room to room finding good drivers and more importantly good hosts. Anything that can narrow down that search so I can have more time racing and less time room surfing is a welcome addition.
 
Time, it's in short supply. In my experience, when I've ran across a fellow GTP'er online, it's almost always a positive experience. They are usually well behaved on track and faster than the average driver. I don't have time to go from room to room to room finding good drivers and more importantly good hosts. Anything that can narrow down that search so I can have more time racing and less time room surfing is a welcome addition.
However you seem to have a lot of time to post in GTP forums (you have 12,000 posts) :sly:
 
However you seem to have a lot of time to post in GTP forums (you have 12,000 posts) :sly:
True, but finding a few minutes here or there isn't a problem. Finding an hour or two to really get into a good room and enjoy it is, sadly. :grumpy:

Edit: 12,000? I didn't realize it was that high:eek:, I never check my stats:lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back