Do you want to pay a fee to enter a race? (a la GT2)

  • Thread starter Thread starter guimauve
  • 35 comments
  • 1,821 views
Messages
21
Before I say anything...I did do a search on the topic :nervous:

What do you guys think? I personally think they should bring it back. In GT3, you could enter a race, then quit half way if you wanted...with no penalty at all. At least this way, there was some hardcore commitment to finish a race. Especially early on when you don't have alot of money.

It doesnt even have to be alot...maybe $200 in beginner (with ~ 1-2k payoffs), etc.
 
Yeah it will be great...anyways, any decision by PD will be great because is PD :D
 
I didn't play GT2, but it seems pretty realistic. Racing is expensive. The only problem would be learning the tracks for the first time and potentially going broke because you don't know the track and can't place high enough to earn your entry fee back.

What I would love to see is a payment system based on the car you use and the cars you are up against. So, if you use a F1 car and you race a bunch of miatas you would only get $100 for winning the race, but if you ran an underpowered car against JGTC cars you would get a lot more. It would encourage you to use a car/modifications that you can barely win with, and improve your driving skills in the process.
 
Hang on, when did you ever have to pay a fee to enter a race in GT2??? (Or is it only in NTSC?)
 
Do you race?
Hang on, when did you ever have to pay a fee to enter a race in GT2??? (Or is it only in NTSC?)

Its news to me, can't remember paying to enter any race in any GT game
 
And how does paying to enter a race add to the realism of GT4? Yes, you do pay to enter races in real life, but what's the point in the game? If you're a bad player, you could end up paying say 1000 Credits to enter, only to come last and get 500 as prize money up until the point where you don't have enough to continue racing and are sunted sideways into NFS:U territory.
 
Ten, maybe it would just be better to be able to enter the races that dont require a licence for free.
 
Great idea, an entry fee would certainly ensure that those who do have a go will try to finish. Maybe the entry fee could be the same as 5th place to provide encouragement. Maybe there is one low class of racing available that will be 0 credit entry, but only a small nominal prize money...

One thing though, as a realism junkie, if there was a damage model (both engine and body), repairs should also come out of ones prize collection.

As with everything, these should be options which should be selectable via realism settings. Turn off if you want to wall ride or similar...
 
I remember reading back gt4 would have a bank. At this bank, you could borrow money.
 
IMHO anything that encourages people to drive fast, but look after the car and move away from the kiddie dogem style of racing is a good thing. Thats good for me, however it's not for everyone so there should be realism options in the game.
 
Entry fee was never part of GT2. It would be okay, I guess if done in stages. Early races have low entry fees and they gradually increased. I do not think it would add much to the game in sim mode. I would like to see bonus paid out for fastest lap, record breaking lap for that category of car, most lead laps etc. For the online version ( when it gets done ), I think entry fees would be very good to have. Say all 6 particpants pay $1000 credits to enter race. Then maybe 1st place gets 50 percent, second 30 percent, third 20 percent of the total prize money. Entry fees could be 100 credits up to 100,000 credits.
 
:) When it goes online they should include races with real money entrance fees and prizes... that could be a great way to earn a living!!!
 
Sounds good to me. It would make the game just a little bit more harder when you're just starting out and only have a little money.
 
plfrench
:) When it goes online they should include races with real money entrance fees and prizes... that could be a great way to earn a living!!!


Good Idea
 
I also dont recall a fee in GT2. Even if there was, If I lost I would just load my previous save that way I didnt loose the money. I do think it is a good idea though that way if you won the race you would end up paying the entry fee. Thats what I did in the othere GT games so I wouldnt gain a day. Every time you quit you gain a day. Thats the penalty. Also every time you did a time trial or went to run the 400m you would loose a day in GT3.
 
cobragt
I remember reading back gt4 would have a bank. At this bank, you could borrow money.


Yeah, i remember this as well. Kaz said that there would be a banking system so "you can borrow money for modifications & race entry fees".
it seems that you may have to pay to enter races in GT4.
i think the point about the entry fee being non-refundable, by simply exiting out of a race if your not going to win, was a good idea. arcade mode should be for arcade behavior, and simulation mode should have real life consequences.
i mean, if your going to be throwing words around like "REAL" in your marketing, might as well stick to them.
 
I like the idea of having fees. Maybe they cover gas for races. One thing I was thinking was when you get a race car in later races you shouldn't have to pay fees because your sponsor would foot the bills. Maybe if there are body mods you can get sponsors for normal cars.
 
I was actually thinking it would be a good idea to have a license/fee system, where you can pay an exorbitant entry fee for a race OR get your S license, you know what I mean?
 
I always wondered why there was no fee to enter a race. It's realistic, and you should have something to lose in order to gain something in return. I was actually amazed there wasn't a entry fee when I first played GT2, it seemed, well...wrong.
 
There was no entry fees in GT2? ...why do I remember it so well? *confused* :boggled:

well...umm...the way I remember it (even if it was non existent), it worked pretty good. :p
 
I bought the game the day it came out. It was the extremely buggered up version.
 
xcsti
I like the idea of having fees. Maybe they cover gas for races. One thing I was thinking was when you get a race car in later races you shouldn't have to pay fees because your sponsor would foot the bills. Maybe if there are body mods you can get sponsors for normal cars.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless you (the player) are the team owner as well as the driver, then you'd still be liable for the fees.

I too remember entry fees from somewhere.. GT1, maybe? I'm gonna go digging...
 
I don't remember fees at all. But, I had the third final "fixed" version of the game. Gods know what they did to it different from the original version.
 
I wouldn't mind paying a sign up fee. Around 50 credits for beginer races, 75 for ameture, 100 pro and so on.
 
man, GT to GT3 never have fee. So it dont matter if GT4 have it, it would add more realistic.
 
No entry fees for races in previous GT titles.
Whats the point of having a entry fee when PD give out starting credits?
Basically the last three games used the license test as a means of resticting entry to races.
I dont see the need to change.
However I think GT2 charged a fee if you used the 400 m, 1000m and top speed trials?
 
Uncle Harry
No entry fees for races in previous GT titles.
Whats the point of having a entry fee when PD give out starting credits?
Basically the last three games used the license test as a means of resticting entry to races.
I dont see the need to change.
However I think GT2 charged a fee if you used the 400 m, 1000m and top speed trials?



That brings up a thought, How bout a fee to get your lisence? :dopey:
 
:lol: ^ I also dont rember paying in GT2 but then again I havent touched it in like 1 1/2 years.
 
with fee, it would make the game more harder.
 
Back