Do your tyres warm up in Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter tazmanuk
  • 33 comments
Here's another thought: If one is using force feedback and 'warming up a few laps' one is also, literally, warming up the force feedback motors and whatever lubricant is in the helicals and or contact surfaces thereof. I'd certainly go for that as a factor of the process.

And I've heard, especially on hard core settings with lots of road bumpity or steering torque feeding back that those (cough) super high precision, made of only the finest materials known to man, and operated at superconducting temperature... (oh who the heck am I fooling?) would drift and change their feel during a long session.

As per the header.

I run about 6 to 7 laps of the seasonals before getting my best time.
Is this due to getting more used to the track/car or is it due to my tyres warming up and getting more grip, or is it a combination of both?

I notice the tyre indicator does not wear or seem to change from cool.

Many thanks for your information.
I noticed this in GT5 as well. I used to refer to it as the "magic lap" when grip seemed to max out and it was usually around lap 7 on your average sized track. At first I thought it was just me getting used to it, but it happened so often I concluded that grip was increasing even though the tires didn't seem to indicate increased heat.

I noticed this in GT5 as well. I used to refer to it as the "magic lap" when grip seemed to max out and it was usually around lap 7 on your average sized track. At first I thought it was just me getting used to it, but it happened so often I concluded that grip was increasing even though the tires didn't seem to indicate increased heat.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion Johnny but I have to respectfully disagree with it. I have hit my magic lap anywhere from lap 1 to lap 12 (I think that's the most I've run in one stint) and everywhere in between. It just doesn't matter as I feel the tire temps are the same from the beginning of your stint to the end. I still say its the driver that's warming up and not the tires. :cheers:

You certainly are entitled to your opinion Johnny but I have to respectfully disagree with it. I have hit my magic lap anywhere from lap 1 to lap 12 (I think that's the most I've run in one stint) and everywhere in between. It just doesn't matter as I feel the tire temps are the same from the beginning of your stint to the end. I still say its the driver that's warming up and not the tires. :cheers:

Depending on the track & the run-up distance to the start line, 9 times out of 10 I'll get my best lap on lap 1 or 2.

Back