Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe '06 (text link inside)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elegy
  • 77 comments
  • 2,834 views
Now, I remember the RT-10 being the old Viper roadster. You think they shouldn't have made a coupe SRT-10? The main reason for it was that a lot of Viper owners race their cars, and a lot of tracks have strict special rules with regards to convertibles.
 
Elegy
Now, I remember the RT-10 being the old Viper roadster. You think they shouldn't have made a coupe SRT-10? The main reason for it was that a lot of Viper owners race their cars, and a lot of tracks have strict special rules with regards to convertibles.

No no... they should have kept the RT-10 (first gen Viper name) not change it to SRT-10... and damn it, the old one is NOT an convertable! It's a Targa top! :grumpy: I'm bitter about that too... they should have just made one or the other Viper or Vette... Damn it what and I saying!? :smacks head: Duh! Vette dies! :irked:

The Coupe was always a seperate version of the Viper, it was a Modern Shelby Cobra in which I believe they were sued over the 96' GTS. As for the new one, it's great for more all weather driving like these wussy Viper owners complained about. :rolleyes: More Money than Brains I tell ya...
 
Well, a targa top serves more or less the same purpose as a convertible. Apples and oranges. :sly:

I'm aware that the GTS is seperate from the RT-10, but what I said is still true; the main reason both the GTS and this new coupe were made is because convertibles/targa tops/roadsters aren't allowed at a lot of tracks without really extensive safety mods. The big irony is that Dodge originally never intended to create a Viper coupe, but when they finally did so under urging from customers, they ended up creating a legend. 👍
 
Targas have personality... anyone can do a convert. plus targas are safer if you flip. :dopey:

It was Destined Damn it! :trouble:
 
Z06 killa right there....

Air filter.....500ft lbs of torque...

chevy aint got SCHIET on that car..
 
VIPFREAK
LOOKIE what I found! :D :eek: :drool:


Vip, it looks like a conversion unless Dodge already made 200 SRT-10 Coupes.
 
:odd: Is not a conversion, It's coming out in the fall. It sounds like they are around now just really really rare here and here
 
It has Michigan M plates on it, plus I see the coupes all over the place around here. 20 bucks says it came out of the Chysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills.
 
I'm still trying to get a hold of a Z06 for a couple of days from work so I can find one and show them that my M plate car is better then their M plate car. (Cops in the Oakland County area won't pull over M plates).

And just to make you more jealous I've seen a SRT-8 Dakota, about a million Jeep Commanders, a bunch of SRT-10 rams, and one of those turbo vipers that people with more money then brains get.
 
They seem to common for me to take pics, except the SRT-8 Dakota. The Dakota has some camo on, the only thing that gave it away was the M plate and the mean sounding engine. As far as I could tell it was about 3-4 inchs lower, 19 inch wheels and looked a lot like the Ram.
 
oh well... excuse me. :rolleyes: Lambos and Ferraris are way too common over here at wannabe Beverly Hills. :dopey:
 
Well, then it looks like all the 1st 200 have been made.
 
Some news to go along with those pics: Dodge has had the Coupe undergo the same SAE power certification that the C6 Z06 did. The verdict? 510 HP, 535 ft-lbs of torque. 👍
 
Back