Does a wheel make you faster? Yes? No? My experience.

• Thread starter Met Entso
  • 35 comments
I feel like the wheel will make you faster in the high downforce cars, but it doesn't matter as much for most road cars and groups like GR4, GRB and maybe GR3.

Last edited:
That Skyline is not exactly the smoothest car in the game and the handling is a bit poor but it's far from undriveable and you can drive it smootly. Maybe your wheel doesnt work well
Agree the skyline was tricky. I tried the wheel at Spa with the Supra GR3 car, something i am really familiar with and good with, I got within 1.5 seconds of my best time, the downforce and grip make it easier to gell with. THe road cars feel absolutely horrible.

wheel all the way is better. faster for me as i can be smoother and it the turns correctly. can feel the road surface way better.

Wheel can feel weird at first, if you've put loads of hours in with a controller, but yes, after initial adjustment, way more intuitive as you're reacting in same way to driving irl, using hands and feet v just using a few fingers to do everything.

And as others said, way more immersive.

I'm so hoping we get VR on this when the psvr2 is released next year. Will be incredible, I imagine.

I urge any wheel players to try ACC, if they haven't already. The ffb is simply phenomenal. But I still lean towards gt7 in terms of game time, for some reason. Selection of cars, probably. I'm into weight lifting, so not in bad shape, but if you ramp the ffb up, it's actually almost tiring, battling to keep the car on track:D. I'm using the fanatec dd pro.

Last edited:
Back