Does AI getting smarter when the level increasing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rrw
  • 25 comments
  • 2,377 views

rrw

Messages
34
Like for example dodging when you stop at the race track?
 
It seems like it. I'm noticing that either the AI is doing a better job than it did at first or I've just gotten better at keeping clear.
 
rrw
Like for example dodging when you stop at the race track?

As far as I can make out, the AI is as good (bad?) in Lvl1 as it is for me in Lvl21
 
does anybody knows what level 40 (or more if possible) AI look like?
 
Yes, the AI has gotten smarter. Unfortunately, I have not.

:grumpy:
 
I would say yes because I was really down on the AI at the start of the game but the deeper I get into it, I see the AI do things that I would only expect from a real human opponent.

It's not perfect by any means, but it definitely seems to have improved.
 
I would say yes because I was really down on the AI at the start of the game but the deeper I get into it, I see the AI do things that I would only expect from a real human opponent.

It's not perfect by any means, but it definitely seems to have improved.

well does it move when you blocking the road?
 
rrw
well does it move when you blocking the road?

Yep, it tries to get past you. Some races I barely won in my underpowered car because the AI would try to get past me and I'd have to block his lane, then he would go right and left to find some space. Sometimes he'd get by, sometimes he wouldn't. I'm at level 14 btw.
 
Level 19 so far and the AI is really getting on my nerves to be honest. Whenever i try to pass them cleanly the just slam me off the road or ignore my presence, wobbling left to right on a straight to block me and whenever my backtires let loose a little they just slam right into me making me spin.

Same if i spin to the side the just keep driving onto me without stopping, i have to redo the race.

Also whats up with the breaking in midcornering, impossible to evade!!

Completley retarded, welcome to 1999.
 
Last edited:
Yep, it tries to get past you. Some races I barely won in my underpowered car because the AI would try to get past me and I'd have to block his lane, then he would go right and left to find some space. Sometimes he'd get by, sometimes he wouldn't. I'm at level 14 btw.

well that thank me, becouse people say that the ai is keep only following the line.

i know this happens when you low level.

did anybody have video of evidence
 
rrw
what level are you

22, just about to hit 23. It the later tiers of races, the AI behaves a bit better -- though it can still leave you shaking your head, wondering what the Hell they think they're doing.
 
22, just about to hit 23. It the later tiers of races, the AI behaves a bit better -- though it can still leave you shaking your head, wondering what the Hell they think they're doing.

tell me if once reach lv 40. i am desperate ly to see lv 40 AI
 
Is AI driving really connected to your level or you licence? Because in this news they are saying

"
The drivers do get better in Gran Turismo as you progress through your license tests.
"

There is also, not so nice to look at, video about AI comparison between GT5 and Forza3.

Juha
 
The AI is as stupid as they were from the beginning from my perspective, they just get faster cars as you progress ^^
 
what we really need is some firm How, When and Why info from PD on a range of issues including this one.
 
I once bumped the AI on the left side of their car only to have them bash me off the track strait away! Impressive, but aggressive response to my nudge....
 
I once bumped the AI on the left side of their car only to have them bash me off the track strait away! Impressive, but aggressive response to my nudge....

I have tought this might be effeting the way they treat you on track too. quite often you will give the AI a slight nudge entering the first corner and I wonder if this then makes them act more aggressivly towards you.
I know it doesn't explain the way that they will just ram you if you have spun out. also on one of the classic cup events at sasuka i would find i was beening knocked off the track by some muscle car as it came from the inside to the outside to take the first corner and my lightwheight Alpine A110 would end up in the sand :ouch:
 
There is also, not so nice to look at, video about AI comparison between GT5 and Forza3.

Juha

I know that track, the car in Forza is off-line, those AI are turning in.

That's not to say that it isn't true. Forza's AI is approximately a million billion times better.
 
I know that track, the car in Forza is off-line, those AI are turning in.

That's not to say that it isn't true. Forza's AI is approximately a million billion times better.

If you compare with lv 1 AI
 
Yes they definatly get smarter as you go up levels, the AI will try spin you, block you against the wall if any/ run you of the track etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back