Does anybody ever buy the sports air filter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nissman
  • 22 comments
  • 3,302 views
Messages
2,434
Slovenia
Fuji
Messages
NissmanR34
Sports Air Filter - 250 Cr.
Racing Air Filter - 450 Cr.

I was wondering does anybody ever buy the sports air filter?
 
You might if you're looking for a specific power.
 
Yes, because of HP limits when playing online. The more parts you have for a certain car allows you to get as close to the limits as possible without going over.
 
True, didnt think of that.
 
In terms of worst power increase for credits spent the sports intake manifold and exhaust manifold are worse.
 
Yup, as stated above I use it to meet HP restrictions for league/online races. Also, how you meet your power goal shifts the power band in different ways, so it's always good to have options when you can.
 
I do as well, although not specifically for HP restrictions. All of my street cars get a very specific list of upgrades whether its a Ferrari or a Suzuki, I tend to call it the "Sports Package" :P
 
I used it a couple of times in the first couple of seasonals when power was limited.
 
I've been thinking about giving cars the "lighter sports tuning" treatment, kind of like the real thing you'd do to your car for keeping it driveable and being able to pay for the parts. I don't really see the point though, because the result of tuning variation is lacking depth for me.

In earlier GTs you could really screw up your car by bolting on unapt parts. In GT5 it's more like a "how much power do I need?" thing. You just buy and add parts until you see the figure you want, kind of generic really...
 
Yes, because of HP limits when playing online. The more parts you have for a certain car allows you to get as close to the limits as possible without going over.

Same for me. Playing online is a different ballgame, I'd rather swap various parts such as intake, exhaust, turbo and superchargers from my already tuned "Favorites" than switch to one of the untuned car selections on the "Recommended" Online menu to meet an HP requirement for a race.

I just wish you could do the same with the car's weight.
 
I use it for my classic muscle cars. They all get new heads, intake and sports parts. Not trying to make them racers...just give them a bit of kick.
 
I do as well, although not specifically for HP restrictions. All of my street cars get a very specific list of upgrades whether its a Ferrari or a Suzuki, I tend to call it the "Sports Package" :P

I like this idea. I am going to try the "Sports Package" on some of my cars. :D
 
If you want to know my "sports Package' includes...

-chassis reinforcement...more of a habit honestly
-window lightening

-ECU

-Sports Air manifold
-Sports Air filter

-Sports exhaust
-Sports exhaust manifold
-Sports downpipe

-Turbo/supercharger is your preference...I only do supercharger if possible/no turbo

-5/6 speed sport transmission

-single plate clutch
-Sport flywheel
-LSD

-Adjustable sport suspension

-Sport soft tires


To make this post valid, I love the sports filter because it gives you an option to not just have a race prepped car with 'Race' everything on it.
 
I wish i could remember specifically which car it I saw this on, i'm pretty sure it was the cappuccino, but they sports and the racing filter both yielded the same HP gains.
 
depends how you want your car to sound & preform... i try not to overtune any car because if you know the GT series HP means nothing...it all about how you tune and if you use the right performance parts for a car... exaple: take a honda and max out all performace parts( you will be doing donunts), now use the same honda and use sport/ some racing parts...you will get faster times...
 
I wish i could remember specifically which car it I saw this on, i'm pretty sure it was the cappuccino, but they sports and the racing filter both yielded the same HP gains.

I'm pretty sure the air filters, if not all the parts, are percentage based, so the same parts give more power to cars with a higher base HP. The Diahatsu Midget for example has 60 HP stock, the sport air filter gives 4 more HP, the racing air filter, 6.
 
I'm pretty sure the air filters, if not all the parts, are percentage based, so the same parts give more power to cars with a higher base HP. The Diahatsu Midget for example has 60 HP stock, the sport air filter gives 4 more HP, the racing air filter, 6.

I like the percentage-based upgrade. I first noticed it on the cappuccino, which even with racing upgrade is kind of silly HP-wise. But I don't think all the cars in Gran Turismo should be able to get 900hp+ when they're originally cars not built to be that way.

Hope I don't make enemies by saying this but the reason I hate Fast&Furious is because I'm not really a fan of modded out cheap Japanese cars with turbos and neon lights. I prefer cars built to be driven stock, built by people who love cars and know what people who love cars want to drive. Which I don't think civics and eclipses are built with that sort of aspiration by Honda and Mitsubishi. They're just simply affordable, fuel-efficient semi-sports cars. Just my personal opinion, and don't be offended as I've owned a civic before. It was a great car but I would never have raced the thing/spent thousands on essentially making it a different car.

EDIT: I've also used the downgrade function when there are HP limits and blah blah blah and having sports stuff available is a lot better than going straight back to basics in some slower cars.
 
Last edited:
I do as well, although not specifically for HP restrictions. All of my street cars get a very specific list of upgrades whether its a Ferrari or a Suzuki, I tend to call it the "Sports Package" :P

Sounds like what I do. Glad I'm not the only one. :)
 
Sports Air Filter - 250 Cr.
Racing Air Filter - 450 Cr.

I was wondering does anybody ever buy the sports air filter?

Hell No! More Power = Faster
It Does Not Take A Genius To Figure That Out:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:
 
F&F was silly, but there are those of us who buy cheap cars and modify the crud out of them.

Why? Because we can. And because it's fun. Especially fun if you have a Civic/Sentra/Air-cooled Beetle that can out-autocross or outrace more expensive machinery on the racetrack.

I usually buy everything for a car (why not? Minor mods cost almost nothing) so I can tune for specific hp restrictions. If you're just 2 hp over the line, you'll need that Sports Filter downgrade, sometimes.
 
Last edited:
Hell No! More Power = Faster
It Does Not Take A Genius To Figure That Out:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Faster does not always = more fun. Or better.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out either. Though, judging from most of the online race rooms, it might take some maturity.
 
Back