Does anyone collect these cars or know the meaning of it all?

  • Thread starter Thread starter p-coletray
  • 52 comments
  • 3,626 views
Messages
535
Messages
p-coletrey
I assume these cars have a purpose other than copy paste advantage for PD because they fill the dealership most of the time. Someone must be collecting them.

civic, nsx, s2000, mx-5, fairlady, gt-r, skyline, skyline gt-r, silvia, impreza, lancer, celica, and supra.

We all know the game is asian built, but there has to be a reason beyond that, beyond just the rights to laying claim for most cars ever in a game, a deeper meaning, maybe a bonus for the full collection? Maybe a kickback from the manufacturers, payola if you will? Is there a secret code buried in the UCD pattern?<--maybe thats a little far fetched, or is it?;)

Or is someone just collecting these cars just cause they truly appreciate the miniscual difference between a rx-7 '92 & '93?

Seriously, not a complaint thread, I must know if there is a meaning?
 
Yes, some people do care about the difference between a '96 Skyline GTR Spec III N1 and a '96 Skyline GTR Spec III N1 Nur.

I don't know if those are actual car descriptions or not, but you get the idea. And no, I'm not at all one of those people. To me a Skyline is a Skyline is a Skyline.
 
Yes, some people do care about the difference between a '96 Skyline GTR Spec III N1 and a '96 Skyline GTR Spec III N1 Nur.

I don't know if those are actual car descriptions or not, but you get the idea. And no, I'm not at all one of those people. To me a Skyline is a Skyline is a Skyline.

Repeat that 50 x's, and you might cover the collection. Nothing for collecting 50 cars of the same name and brand?
 
No, but there is a trophy for collecting 1000 cars, as well as a gift for every 10 or so you collect in your garage. I guess that kind of counts.
 
Apart from the Miata Special Editions, most of which are just different paint and leather color schemes, there is an appreciable difference in the way many different variants of certain models drive.

And yes, there are those of us who buy them simply to drive them and experience the difference for ourselves.

One of the things that has made Turismo successful over the years is the "Dude, that's my car!" effect. Sure, people will pick up video games to play with fantasy cars... cars so expensive that they may never get to drive them in real life. But there are those who will pick them up because of the familiar.

It's this characteristic of GT that Forza has taken to heart... even moreso with the DLC packs. I know people who play Forza for hours simply because they can buy a Civic or Focus just like their own personal car in the game and play around with it online.
 
If you own all the NSX, you unlock hapiness. :)
 
Apart from the Miata Special Editions, most of which are just different paint and leather color schemes, there is an appreciable difference in the way many different variants of certain models drive.

And yes, there are those of us who buy them simply to drive them and experience the difference for ourselves.

One of the things that has made Turismo successful over the years is the "Dude, that's my car!" effect. Sure, people will pick up video games to play with fantasy cars... cars so expensive that they may never get to drive them in real life. But there are those who will pick them up because of the familiar.

It's this characteristic of GT that Forza has taken to heart... even moreso with the DLC packs. I know people who play Forza for hours simply because they can buy a Civic or Focus just like their own personal car in the game and play around with it online.

In the states we've never heard of some of these names, though the model is here undrr another name, and some aren't here at all. It still doesn't explain the repetition to the extreme sense. You are a moderator, does pd and certain automakers perhaps have a on the side relationship or is pd just flat out paid money to do this? Apparently there aren't any bonuses or secrets to collecting a full set.
 
Many people want to dive a car they've owned/own....PD knows exactly what buttons to push...
 
I just wanted a Acura Legend and Triumph TR6 and they are not in the game :grumpy:

I own a 95 Integra (turbo) and 93 legend and my dad owns a 76 TR6, would of been great to have those cars (I believe they have the Integra but JDM)
 
The stock s2000, the Spoon S2000, the AEM S2000, and the Turbo GT S2000 all handle completely differently. So do all three generations of the MX-5 (NA,NB,NC). Owners of the real versions of those cars - particularly people like myself who have modded their cars - definitely want the different types to mod them appropriately in GT5. I have a modded NC MX-5 and the modded GT5 MX-5 performs almost identically. I'm sure this is the case for the other cars listed by the OP. I don't get the 50 different types of one car either, but if KAZ was to offer me the multitude of Porsche 917s and 956's that entered Le Mans over the years I'd jump at the chance. For that matter if they offered all the variants of the Ferrari 330 - or even just the liveries for North American Racing Teams(NART) and the Ecurie Francorchamps - I'd be in seventh heaven. I do wish they had at least offered an Aston Martin Vantage though..
 
I just wanted a Acura Legend and Triumph TR6 and they are not in the game :grumpy:

I own a 95 Integra (turbo) and 93 legend and my dad owns a 76 TR6, would of been great to have those cars (I believe they have the Integra but JDM)


I wanted the TR6 as well. My dad had one back in the day too. wish we still had it, he had hand built the entire thing.
 
I wanted the TR6 as well. My dad had one back in the day too. wish we still had it, he had hand built the entire thing.

nice, this is my dads 3rd one and he is in the process of restoring it. the chassis is on one side of the garage and the body is on the other. great cars with a throaty sound
 
The stock s2000, the Spoon S2000, the AEM S2000, and the Turbo GT S2000 all handle completely differently. So do all three generations of the MX-5 (NA,NB,NC). Owners of the real versions of those cars - particularly people like myself who have modded their cars - definitely want the different types to mod them appropriately in GT5. I have a modded NC MX-5 and the modded GT5 MX-5 performs almost identically. I'm sure this is the case for the other cars listed by the OP. I don't get the 50 different types of one car either, but if KAZ was to offer me the multitude of Porsche 917s and 956's that entered Le Mans over the years I'd jump at the chance. For that matter if they offered all the variants of the Ferrari 330 - or even just the liveries for North American Racing Teams(NART) and the Ecurie Francorchamps - I'd be in seventh heaven. I do wish they had at least offered an Aston Martin Vantage though..

True, not alot of porsches, in fact I don't think I've seen one yet, but all those cars sound sweet. I think they are pretty good with LM cars. I never see touring cars or racecars like vipers or corvettes that I could use, but I see so many repeats like volvo station wagons, lister storm, callaway vette, and camaro ss '00 and all those cars listed above over and over.
 
In the states we've never heard of some of these names, though the model is here undrr another name, and some aren't here at all. It still doesn't explain the repetition to the extreme sense. You are a moderator, does pd and certain automakers perhaps have a on the side relationship or is pd just flat out paid money to do this? Apparently there aren't any bonuses or secrets to collecting a full set.

Well, the problem is, PD is developed in Japan. You can more easily model, test and virtualize cars that are easy to access... thus the plethora of Japanese vehicles.

(As a moderator, I have special access to the other moderators and site administrator, none of whom actually work for PD, so, no, I don't know what anyone at PD is actually thinking.)

Polyphony Digital has special access to data provided by manufacturers. This is particularly true for certain manufacturers like BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota, who've given them prototype data and special access to the cars in-development so they could get them into the game quickly. Take note: three out of five of those are non-Japanese car-makers.

Many special editions are simply paint schemes and trim changes. PD doesn't have to do any extra modelling work on them, so they get left in to bulk up the car count. Sneaky? Yes. Dishonest? Well... Japanese car manufacturers actually do list these trim schemes as separate models. Honda and Toyota often list white cars separately from others in their price lists in Asian markets... Chinese buyers love white cars.

It's still annoying.

---

Porsches are under exclusive license. GT will not have Porsches for the forseeable future.
 
Well, the problem is, PD is developed in Japan. You can more easily model, test and virtualize cars that are easy to access... thus the plethora of Japanese vehicles.

(As a moderator, I have special access to the other moderators and site administrator, none of whom actually work for PD, so, no, I don't know what anyone at PD is actually thinking.)

Polyphony Digital has special access to data provided by manufacturers. This is particularly true for certain manufacturers like BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota, who've given them prototype data and special access to the cars in-development so they could get them into the game quickly. Take note: three out of five of those are non-Japanese car-makers.

Many special editions are simply paint schemes and trim changes. PD doesn't have to do any extra modelling work on them, so they get left in to bulk up the car count. Sneaky? Yes. Dishonest? Well... Japanese car manufacturers actually do list these trim schemes as separate models. Honda and Toyota often list white cars separately from others in their price lists in Asian markets... Chinese buyers love white cars.

It's still annoying.

---

Porsches are under exclusive license. GT will not have Porsches for the forseeable future.

But what really annoys me is the UCD, it keeps flashing the same cars over and over. I thought maybe there was a method to it. Or a message to start.buying the cars and we'll stop showing them to you but that didnt work either.
 
After about 10 cars or so, there isn't any need to own any others --except to satisfy some other need, including nostalgia for a car or cars that one has owned, dreamed of driving or recalled from the past. The only thing I would like would be for PD to give us something to do with all the various variations.
 
But what really annoys me is the UCD, it keeps flashing the same cars over and over. I thought maybe there was a method to it. Or a message to start.buying the cars and we'll stop showing them to you but that didnt work either.

Yep im sick of seeing 4 rx7's or 4 s2000's, i want to be able to cycle easier so i can find that illusive Falcon Race Car and the Nomad GT-1!
 
Many people want to dive a car they've owned/own....PD knows exactly what buttons to push...

Which begs the question why, in 5 titles, we still don't have a Trans Am WS6. We have had the LS1 camaro ss for at least 3 titles, maybe 4 (can't remember if it was in GT2, or if it was just the LT1 era). In the 2002 model year, these cars were the same in every way except bodies, and interiors. That's really about it.

Now, I know some people will say "so why bother then?" Well... why bother putting a prius in a racing game as a premium? Why bother with the myriad variations the OP refers to which have essentially no difference between them, yet just enough of one to require more study and dev time?

Build a 3D model, CnP the camaro ss, rename it, and bang, +1 car in the game list for next to nothing, leaving more to brag about, and more importantly, reaching even more "dude, that's my car" people.

I would pay for this game several more times over again for a premium 2002 Trans Am WS6. I would do even more if I had the skills or money for it. :(
 
But what really annoys me is the UCD, it keeps flashing the same cars over and over. I thought maybe there was a method to it. Or a message to start.buying the cars and we'll stop showing them to you but that didnt work either.

The UCD seems to be completely random, unlike GT4, where it cycles. But some cars are more random than others. Makes it a game of catching rare and desirable cars when they come out.
 
I've been trying to collect the different Subaru Wrx models :dopey:
 
Some wonderful people working miracles on that here:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134403

Maybe a summary or the main point if you read the whole thing, I'm on a phone and that thread is infinitesimally long. :)

I definitely feel bad for the people waiting for their car, watching prius after civic after vitz on and on. One could wait for months! I was just hoping for another car to do the nurburgring german challenge or try a oreca viper for grindinapolis or like the wind, not much variety at the normal dealership after awhile.👎

Man, this is becoming a complaint thread, sorry all.:guilty:
 
I now have over 700 Used cars, all different. My guess is that I need about another 100 to complete my collection. The problem is I have to check the name of every car to make sure I have not got it already. Last week I was buying 10-15 cars every full cycle of the UCD. Yesterday I was buying 3 per full cycle. Now I cannot miss even one cycle of checking just in case I miss that Acura NSX '04 or the Subaru WRXi version 1 that I really want...

I think I am addicted :(
 
I now have over 700 Used cars, all different. My guess is that I need about another 100 to complete my collection. The problem is I have to check the name of every car to make sure I have not got it already. Last week I was buying 10-15 cars every full cycle of the UCD. Yesterday I was buying 3 per full cycle. Now I cannot miss even one cycle of checking just in case I miss that Acura NSX '04 or the Subaru WRXi version 1 that I really want...

I think I am addicted :(


haha, yeah its addictive :nervous:. I enjoy having all the cars in my garage. Im not that crazy with other games, but GT games make me want to complete it 100% and get all the cars, get all gold on everything and do everything else :crazy:. Inc collecting the 6000 skylines that I could care less about.
 
Maybe a summary or the main point if you read the whole thing, I'm on a phone and that thread is infinitesimally long. :)

Buy a better phone 💡 ;)

The cars in the UCD are not that random at all. There seems to be a master list in the game which determines what cars show up when. Just that every player gets an individual starting point in this hidden master list.

I matched my car cycle to one of the contributing players, there's an offset of about 200 in game days.

So I can look up in advance which cars will show up, and, even more handy, can look up how rare a certain car is and if that might be the reason for buying it.

Anyway, the UCD keeps me very amused and why not blow a few credits on some random banger you thrash around? With the seasonal events, money isn't really the issue. I like it very much so the way it is, trying to collect all the Toyotas/Lexus atm. And some rare cars. And some other that come in pretty colours. And so on and so forth :D
 
I am collecting all the subarus and all the Fairlady Z and supras I love them all if you dont want them dont buy them
 
I am working to collect at least one of every model of the Evo and STi. I'm secretly hoping that there is a trophy for that. =)
 
I have noticed In the USD after level 25, The cars do get better. Last night I had a Vayron,7Fireblade & Falcon GTR. I brought the Falcon.

*EDIT*
There Is a trophy guide here on GTP guys.
 
I collect Celica's, and MR2's ;)
 
Back