Does anyone collect these cars or know the meaning of it all?

  • Thread starter Thread starter p-coletray
  • 52 comments
  • 3,626 views
I have noticed In the USD after level 25, The cars do get better. Last night I had a Vayron,7Fireblade & Falcon GTR. I brought the Falcon.

*EDIT*
There Is a trophy guide here on GTP guys.

I got the Fireblade at around level 17. Not sure it's one of the "better" cars though. Definitely cool and very fun.

I need to look over the trophy's I guess ... =(
 
Im collecting the classics, no matter how powerful or manufacturer it is...
 
I scanned it a moment ago. I'm still going to collect the Evos. =) The photo trophies are interesting and very specific though ... cool, but a PITA I'd guess without the guide.
 
The only 5 japanese cars I'm remotely interested in are:
'08 civic (my real life car)
Pretty much any RX7
R35 GTR(Hate how they drive but they're pretty damn quick, and I sort of like how they look)
370Z
Pretty much any Evo, but the Evo 10 is amazing.


So yeah, PD can wipe their ass with those other 800 japanese cars in the game.
 
In a very sincere way I appreciate the insanity of Polyphony to put in so many different models, and I look forward to collecting all the vettes, EVO's, Skylines, etc. but I would appreciate it a lot more if they were premium cars. What good are the different Miatas if you can't really make out the difference on the model. ok, yes, a Miata die hard may still love the list and there may be handling differences, I understand that, but better models would make the differentiation a lot more sensical. The “that’s my car” effect is very real, but mostly works in the garage, cockpit, and reply—not in bumper cam. As it stands, I can't help but feel that many of the duplications are simply an easy way to inflate the car count for marketing purposes. let’s be honest, they pushed the "1000 cars!" thing pretty hard.
 
In a very sincere way I appreciate the insanity of Polyphony to put in so many different models, and I look forward to collecting all the vettes, EVO's, Skylines, etc. but I would appreciate it a lot more if they were premium cars. What good are the different Miatas if you can't really make out the difference on the model. ok, yes, a Miata die hard may still love the list and there may be handling differences, I understand that, but better models would make the differentiation a lot more sensical. The “that’s my car” effect is very real, but mostly works in the garage, cockpit, and reply—not in bumper cam. As it stands, I can't help but feel that many of the duplications are simply an easy way to inflate the car count for marketing purposes. let’s be honest, they pushed the "1000 cars!" thing pretty hard.

Ding Ding Ding. I think this is the biggest reason why we see so 50 Skylines and 50 Silvias. It's easy to create one model then only have to do very slight modification to it to create a new car. There's about 5-6 truly different skyline models and then 4-5 slight variations of each. I'm sure that's much easier for programmers then creating 50 truly different cars.
 
Ding Ding Ding. I think this is the biggest reason why we see so 50 Skylines and 50 Silvias. It's easy to create one model then only have to do very slight modification to it to create a new car. There's about 5-6 truly different skyline models and then 4-5 slight variations of each. I'm sure that's much easier for programmers then creating 50 truly different cars.

I can see where you're coming from with it being easier to increase the quantity of cars, just for the sake of increasing the number from 800 to 1,000 or whatever.

At the same time I find it so annoying that I have to refresh the UCD twice JUST to find a few European/American cars. 👎

Oh and I've never had a UCD list where a Yaris/Vitz hasn't been there too...
 
I wanted to buy a MazdaSpeed 3... Oh wait somehow out of 1000+ cars they've missed one of Mazda's BEST cars?

More on topic. I care about which model car it is. I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport hatchback. The same car is sold in a smaller engine (2.0 version vs. 2.5) pretty big difference when you start adding upgrades. There is subtle differences between each car...
 
i collect the skylines, evos, and subarus. also i collect rally cars, race cars, and pre 1980s muscle cars. plus a few others that i like here and there but not much else.
 
yup, shhiny48...i'd like to see that one too! 1.6L Protege owner here.
 
Ding Ding Ding. I think this is the biggest reason why we see so 50 Skylines and 50 Silvias. It's easy to create one model then only have to do very slight modification to it to create a new car. There's about 5-6 truly different skyline models and then 4-5 slight variations of each. I'm sure that's much easier for programmers then creating 50 truly different cars.

Gran Turismo: The Real Skyline Simulator.

lol
 
I assume these cars have a purpose other than copy paste advantage for PD because they fill the dealership most of the time. Someone must be collecting them.

civic, nsx, s2000, mx-5, fairlady, gt-r, skyline, skyline gt-r, silvia, impreza, lancer, celica, and supra.

We all know the game is asian built, but there has to be a reason beyond that, beyond just the rights to laying claim for most cars ever in a game, a deeper meaning, maybe a bonus for the full collection? Maybe a kickback from the manufacturers, payola if you will? Is there a secret code buried in the UCD pattern?<--maybe thats a little far fetched, or is it?;)

Or is someone just collecting these cars just cause they truly appreciate the miniscual difference between a rx-7 '92 & '93?

Seriously, not a complaint thread, I must know if there is a meaning?

Not sure there is a need for so many different skylines, BUT the NSX, S2000, Imprezza, Celica and Supra are all legendary cheap performance cars.

It's the econo wagons that I wonder about.
 
I think it is more or less fun to see that there are small yet distinct differences between certain cars. Plus I am 300 away from the 1000 trophy. I love cars and this is just another way the PD shows appreciation towards to art of car manufacturing.
 
yup, shhiny48...i'd like to see that one too! 1.6L Protege owner here.

Glad to know that somebody agree's with me. The Mazda 3, or Axela depending on where you live, (IMO) is probably one of the best selling Japanese cars on the market to this day. It's a nice, light, powerful car that handles like a dream. I just don't understand why it isn't on GT5
 
Some of us "older" guys remember the 90's as the era of great Japanese sports cars...I like collecting them. It's nostalgia.
 
Some of us "older" guys remember the 90's as the era of great Japanese sports cars...I like collecting them. It's nostalgia.

Not really an "older guy" but i grew up wanting a stealth, 300zx, supra, rx7, & 3000gt all from the early 90's. I too buy every japanese car they have from that era. I actually wish they still had the 1G model of the 3000gt or GTO to those in other contries. I have one in realy life and loved driving it in the older gt games.

I don't really care if PD repeated the same cars over and over, i just with that hadn't made such a big deal about the 1000 car mark. Then this wouldn't really matter.
 
Glad to know that somebody agree's with me. The Mazda 3, or Axela depending on where you live, (IMO) is probably one of the best selling Japanese cars on the market to this day. It's a nice, light, powerful car that handles like a dream. I just don't understand why it isn't on GT5

They are in GT5, more specifically, in UCD. It appeared 2 or 3x in my ~ 500 game days play. Axela, 5 dr sports wagon, probably 05-08.
 
They are in GT5, more specifically, in UCD. It appeared 2 or 3x in my ~ 500 game days play. Axela, 5 dr sports wagon, probably 05-08.

I try to collect all different cars/types/models. Have 781 atm.
The only axela I found untill now is Axela 235 '03
 
Glad to know that somebody agree's with me. The Mazda 3, or Axela depending on where you live, (IMO) is probably one of the best selling Japanese cars on the market to this day. It's a nice, light, powerful car that handles like a dream. I just don't understand why it isn't on GT5

well, mine's not powerful, lol. but i do think it handles well, and would be interesting to play with in GT5. This brings me back to my first post in the thread though, the whole "that's my car thing" really only works for premium cars. I'd love to drive and tune my car, but the excitement would be quite muted by not being able to put wheels on it, not having a cockpit view, and it not looking very good in replay.

edit: actually, looking over the list is looks like my car is there: #491 S Mazda Protegé 02. Only one year off, i wonder which motor is in it. will have to keep a look out
 
They are in GT5, more specifically, in UCD. It appeared 2 or 3x in my ~ 500 game days play. Axela, 5 dr sports wagon, probably 05-08.

I probably should have stated that they don't necissarily need the Mazda 3 (Axela) but maybe the MazdaSpeed 3
 
This brings me back to my first post in the thread though, the whole "that's my car thing" really only works for premium cars. I'd love to drive and tune my car, but the excitement would be quite muted by not being able to put wheels on it, not having a cockpit view, and it not looking very good in replay.

You have no idea how happy I would be at this point to have even a standard car. Premium would just be orgasmic.

2iau82d.jpg


akj14m.jpg

(Dakota R/T, what better to have for asphalt road course truck races than a street truck made to do just that from the factory?)
 
Back