Does anyone else feel like the star roulette tickets are rigged?

• Thread starter Nexxus88
  • 331 comments
The tickets themselves could be entirely random, random level, random prize.
Absolutely correct - I'm working on the balance of probabilities.

It is exactly what PD did for GT5's Used Car Dealer: 4.6-billion day long preset list of used cars, player start point determined by unknown process involving console and player ID (always identical on one account on one console, different on any other account or on the same account on a different console), player advances down the list each time requirements are met, hitting the same cars every time.

It is also very probably what PD did for GT Sport's Wheel of Misfortune: unknown-length massive preset list of rewards, player start point determined by unknown process involving console and player ID (always identical on one account on one console, different on any other account or on the same account on a different console), player advances down the list each time requirements are met, hitting the same cars every time. This one also changed with each update as new cars were inserted to create new valid CarIDs.

What we're seeing with GT7 is each ticket pull being determined before you pull the ticket. That leads me to suspect - and I did say that I suspected, not that this was definitely how it works - that PD is using the exact same mechanism as GTS, only "piss-poor amount of credits" fills in almost all of the invalid CarIDs, with "less bad quantity credits", "car invitations", and "otherwise unattainable car parts" filling in the small number of remaining points.

PD absolutely could have created something entirely new to determine ticket prizes, but it doesn't make any sense to do that when the exact same code filling the exact same purpose is already there.

I can't really complain myself, I've gotten every unique prize at least once, except for engines.

1,000,000 twice,
A mediocre car once,
Tuning parts thrice,
Invitation once, etc.

Ah the roulette. What can I win for investing 30 mins into playing GT7?
  • a part for a car that I don't own
  • enough credits to buy 1/20th of a run of the mill grp 3 car
  • a FOMO expiring invitation to spend $150 real world dollars on a virtual car
  • a cheap car

Ah the roulette. What can I win for investing 30 mins into playing GT7?
  • a part for a car that I don't own
  • enough credits to buy 1/20th of a run of the mill grp 3 car
  • a FOMO expiring invitation to spend $150 real world dollars on a virtual car
  • a cheap car
A cheap car you cannot sell even if you wanted to*

:nervous:

it doesn't take a great level of user focus by the devs, to see that their system is busted.
The idea of a reward is to make someone feel satisfied and happy, isn't it? For all its failings the GTS car-per-day reward was much better than what we have in GT7. Certainly in the first few weeks of playing the game, it was a real thrill to win group 3, 4 and other high performance cars every time one completed a challenge, daily workout, circuit experience etc.

Who is going to be satisfied and happy with winning a part for a car they don't own, and maybe don't even want?
Or with 5000 credits?
Or with an invitation to spend $150 real life dollars?

For chrissakes, PD. How could you possibly have thought this system is a winner?

Last edited:
I’m not picking on you, but 600,000+ credits and a bonus car for just showing up and doing the bare minimum the game requires seems good.

And other than feeling ripped off for getting nothing for a small effort, what’s the expectation here? To get 500,000 on every ticket?
I'm not complainig just sharing 😊

They shouldn't call it a "roulette" ticket. The game of roulette has equal chance of the ball landing on any one spot. They should call it a lottery or a scratch ticket. The vast majority of those games are losing tickets (or in GT7's case the lowest possible payout)

I’m not picking on you, but 600,000+ credits and a bonus car for just showing up and doing the bare minimum the game requires seems good.

And other than feeling ripped off for getting nothing for a small effort, what’s the expectation here? To get 500,000 on every ticket?

I think the expectation should be that a player who invests 1 hour per day into a game, should be able to achieve/attain a high performance 350k credit car per day. So yes - either give credits or a sellable car to this value each day a person invests more than hour into playing. And include the big ticket cars in the lottery. So that yes, there are normal satisfying wins (a 350k car) but also absolute celebration days when one wins an 18 mil credit car.
So with 450 cars in the game, one would expect that a player who plays the game for an hour a day, every day for 18 months, would have collected all the cars.
If the game is handing them out at a decent rate so that patient people who play regularly will eventually get all the good ones, then I don't have a problem with microtransactions being present as an option for the impatient/rich players who just cannot and will not wait to drive every car they want to drive. I don't mind them pumping money into the pockets of the developers.
Its insane that someone can play a game daily for 5 years and still not be able to drive the "legendary" cars in the game without forking out real life $$.

Last edited:
Today's daily mileage 4-star ticket yielded a Gr. 3 McLaren. Not too shabby. Can't complain really as I've 'won' 5 gold bars 3x and this is my 2nd Gr. 3 car that I've received.

So far, and I have completed cafe and put in an average of 300 miles per day.

BMW Gr.3
VW Scirocco
1m 1x
100k 2x
Carbon breaks for BRZ
Boreover for Supra RZ

The rest of them have been 10k - 2k

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if 100k didn't seem like a fart in a hurricane in this game?

I will say it’s 50/50 for me, I have gotten some good things but I can only somehow only remember the 5,000cr. 😭😭

I still don't get how they determine the prizes, I read it is tied to the collector level, but my collector level doesn't go higher anymore. Had a 4 star ticket today saw a nice car, some parts and some credits. Of course it lands on the credits, only 10k, why don't they just remove the credits option? With only one ticket a day i would rather have a change on parts or an engine swap.

I've still mostly only gotten the min credit. But recently I've gotten some better ones. 500k once and 1 mil once. And the RE Amemiya RX7 and Stage 5 Weight reduction for the 991 GT3 RS.

I had decent luck with tickets while doing the menus but after finishing #39 it's been 10 days or so with either 2-5 or 10k.
But today the first thing i noticed there was no 2 piles of coins,which i always got the small pile.
It was, car - invite - motor - parts - gold bars, hit the bars ,got a cool million for the 1st time!
So i guess the moral of the story is ,hope to hell you don't see coins and just maybe you'll get something sweet!:cheers:

I think they are so ****** up that I don't even care about them. I cash them out without any expectations.

I've completed GT café, and I'm mainly playing GT Sport for now. I am doing some missions from time to time, but I've put my progress on hold until we can actually keep collecting and tunning cars.

The economics are entirely ****** up right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I recently beat the game and got a six-star roulette, it gave me a duplicate Porsche 917 Living Legend. So yeah, it pretty much explains itself. Discarding a car will actually mean getting rid of it, not selling it, which really explains the ****ed up economy.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the algorithm for the prize is worked out on how many in game credits you own and how much your spending. I got the anniversary edition. And spent a little credit near the start of the game on an Rx7 FC. Tuning in for the early races. Got some better prizes. Now I've stopped spending, or reduced what I spend to when i only really need to it's been nothing but bottom prize. Least the last 8 tickets have been the worst one on the wheel.

I absolutely hate the wheel of misfortune, it makes no sense whatsoever and it's sloppy game design and only brings frustration to players.

Got two tickets today
1 star - got 5000 credits
4 star - got 5000 credits (That ought not even be a possibility on a 4 star ticket!)

Honestly, this game… a joke, in so many ways

Last edited:
I just did the Tokyo Expressway championship and I've still yet to get anything more than the lowest cash amount. I understand that it's way too chance and all that but constantly randomly getting the worst option is making me raise an eyebrow right now.
Whole game is rigged bub.

Just in case anyone needs definitive proof that the tickets are pre-determined, I just got awarded the 'No Car, No Life' trophy, for adding my 100th car to my garage, before the spin even starts. I opened the ticket and up the notification popped, and yes I got the GT3.

I finished the cafe and last 7 days i've gotten: 4x1star 1x2star and 2x3stars... Lowest cash ammount everyday... In 7 days i made 20k in roulette tickets...

Back