Does anyone else feel the force feedback is better after 1.09 ?

• Thread starter turdhat
  • 38 comments
United States
Pleasure Ridge Park, Kentucky
I have read the threads about the Thrustmaster wheels. I own a Fanatec Gt2 which emulates the Logitech g25 so it is roughly the same experience. I feel there is much more feel in the wheel from bumps, kerbs and even uneven pavement where I never knew there was bumpy or uneven pavement. Try Nurb in the 97T. It was never this alive before. Still missing loose feeling on understeer which has been the case since gt5. There is also more variance in the wheel weight depending on speed.

Gt2 Firmware 756.

Fanatac GT2 user as well - I say yep I feel a little more....
may be a placebo tho... cant tell
lol
but I think its a bit more responsive

I use a clubsport and I can confirm that the FFB is much better. I couldn't feel curbs before and now you can feel the wheel push you back as you run over curbs on Nurburgring.

I am wondering placebo as well. However, I had run the 97T at Nurb 24h many times before the update and I feel like the wheel has WAY more feel and it may be a track by track thing as well. I hear some tracks have more effects than others. Nurb would have to be the best example of lots of road feel from bumps. The 97t was fun on Nurb before but not it's a freaking riot. You feel like you are hanging on for dear life. I also run a 65 degree FOV which does increase the screen reactions to bumbs since your field of view is different. Lower FOV is more realistic but has trade offs on a single screen. You cant see out the sides well and it can look slower however the tracks feel far more accurate once you get used to it.

I have a Fanatec GT3 RS and I've felt the wheel fighting me a lot more since the update.

Going down the Mulsanne straight in the TS030 and my whole body is vibrating in places - it feels like I'm sat on a spin drying washing machine, lol, it's so much fun.

So yeah, it's definitely been improved - it's certainly no placebo.

Better and worse, the way the wheel wants to fight you in a straight line, especially in that TS030 is a bit ridiculous and needs to be corrected. I have noticed this to a lesser extent on some normal road cars. Very annoying and unrealistic.

The only time I have ever saw a normal car try kicking the wheel right and left like that was when the steering needed a repair job, bad idler arm for example will cause something like that but is intermittent.

Better and worse, the way the wheel wants to fight you in a straight line, especially in that TS030 is a bit ridiculous and needs to be corrected. I have noticed this to a lesser extent on some normal road cars. Very annoying and unrealistic.

The only time I have ever saw a normal car try kicking the wheel right and left like that was when the steering needed a repair job, bad idler arm for example will cause something like that but is intermittent.
I haven't been having this problem. What wheel do you use?

On Fanatec wheels do not set the DRIft setting too high to avoid the straight line wobble along with a deadzone of 10 to 20.

Last edited:
I use a G27 and also feel this in the new Toyota. Very hard feeling and I hate it. I think it may only be certain cars or something. Everything else feels fine.

I haven't been having this problem. What wheel do you use?
I have a CSR Elite, I was using the in game FFB at 5, bumped it down to 3 but still a problem. I also tried addign a little deadzone but with a deadzone setting of 0.10 still very hard to hold in that seasonal on the high speed sections.

It is nothing new just worse than before. GT5 had this same issue on several cars. The X1 being the worst of them. It was even worse on GT5P and happens on the Turbo S and GT2 wheels as well. Also happens to a much lesser degree in GT5P with the DFGT wheels.

On GT6 is was only noticeable on a few cars and not near as bad as it was on GT5 but at least two of the updates have increased the presence of this issue. The TS030 is nearly undrivable on the high speed straights.

I do not use any drift, damper or spring settings all of them at 0 or off and had been running with 0 deadzone as well which was fine on all the cars early on, a little wobble on a few of them but the TS030 in that event on 1.09 is much much worse than any were before in GT6.

They did say in the patch notes that curb effects were adjusted, so that's part of it.

But only for the Thrustmaster wheel right ? Seems they may have increased the effects across the board.

I use a G27 and also feel this in the new Toyota. Very hard feeling and I hate it. I think it may only be certain cars or something. Everything else feels fine.
Have you tried the Sauber?
I haven't tried the Sauber again afte 1.09. But the toyota fells just like the Sauber in 1.08

Fanatec CSW user here - much, much better.

FFB is more precise, much more informative, analogue and track surface feel is great.

However, it is not only the FFB itself, it is also the new physics of tires that works great with the new FFB and provides best feel of tension and flex so far.

I think how new tire physics and new FFB are the best part of the 1.09 update, despite RedBull Ring and new cars getting greatest attention.

I encountered this exact same problem with my G27 ages ago, and that along with hitting kerbs and feeling positively nothing meant that I packed the wheel away, cursed it as a big waste of money, and went straight back to the dualshock. If PD has finally put some more feedback through the wheel and we can finally feel curbs when we drive over them when using one, then I might just pull it back out of the box. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's very good news indeed! :)

On GT6 is was only noticeable on a few cars and not near as bad as it was on GT5 but at least two of the updates have increased the presence of this issue. The TS030 is nearly undrivable on the high speed straights.

Toe values of car makes most of that, reduce front toe(closer to 0, or adding positive), or increase rear(more positive), that stabilize car on straight, similar effect on real life also.

I'm on G27 and I like this sharpness on straight, it's same on real car with strong power steering what allows you to make power assisted turns on high speed.

Last edited:
I haven't felt feedback from the curbs since the GT6 demo. Using Fanatec Carrera.

Speaking on the 1.09 changes though, I have felt better road feedback since the update, which was one complaint I had expressed weeks ago.

Fanatec GT3 v2 here and I concur that the feedback, especially on curbs, etc., is improved. Also, I had turned down the steering rotation degree for a race in the Senna F3 car and noticed that just reducing the steering rotation by 180 degrees made the FFB feel much stronger and better too. I had done this before v1.09, I drove a regular car and thought "wow, where'd all this FFB suddenly come from?!?", then I remembered it was still set to 720 from my F3 race.......I've left it at 720 since. 👍

DFGT user here, it's vastly improved. The only negative I have is that the strength values seem to have been adjusted. I have it set on 5 and after the update it feels really heavy, like it's been turned up to 11. I'm gonna experiment with lower settings but I don't want to lose the feedback.

I wish I could adjust things like rotation degrees, deadzone etc. I can do it on the PC so I don't understand why it's not available in GT

Toe values of car makes most of that, reduce front toe(closer to 0, or adding positive), or increase rear(more positive), that stabilize car on straight, similar effect on real life also.

I'm on G27 and I like this sharpness on straight, it's same on real car with strong power steering what allows you to make power assisted turns on high speed.

The TS030 is stock in that event and I do not think you can change the tuning on it so.....

From my understanding the G27 has much much less feedback than the wheel I am using, maybe somewhere in the order of a setting of 10 on the G27 maybe close to a setting of 1 on the Elite. Set at 3 that TS030 is very hard to hold, the wheel kicks hard left/right going down the straight. While I can drive it that way it is not fun and not realistic. Race cars may fight you a bit but I also see this happening on some street cars and not just on that track.

DFGT user here, it's vastly improved. The only negative I have is that the strength values seem to have been adjusted. I have it set on 5 and after the update it feels really heavy, like it's been turned up to 11. I'm gonna experiment with lower settings but I don't want to lose the feedback.

I wish I could adjust things like rotation degrees, deadzone etc. I can do it on the PC so I don't understand why it's not available in GT

I concur about the strength of the FFB increasing with my DFGT since the 1.09 update. Last night, I was running a race on Laguna Seca with GT3 cars. I had a Nissan GT-R GT3 on the right side of me (computer AI) and he slammed into the right side of my car. This literally pulled the steering wheel out of my right hand as my wheel spun clockwise. I'll admit that I had a rather light, comfortable grip on my wheel, but never before has the wheel been ripped from my hand before. I was blown away...

Perhaps this should be added to undocumented changes. There is nothing said about any wheel other than thrustmaster but it appears we have received the same kind of FF update. Fanatec and Logitec owners seem to be describing nearly the same details about the changes in FF which is expected since Fanatec wheels appear as g25/g27 wheels to the ps3.

I for one am very happy with the changes. Now if they could only get the wheel to lighten a little when it understeers then it would be perfect for me at least. Consider since the wheel does not lighten when you understeer with certain wheels you are in fact putting more load on the wheel's motor as it is never getting lighter anytime you slide or oversteer so the motor is not getting the break it gets in games like Forza where there is a lot of understeer feeling in the wheel. As a result my wheel runs cooler in Forza and most other sims than in GT5 or 6. As a result I lower my FF a bit to save on wear.

I will say it again. Drive the 97T on Nurb 24h with the improved FF. My god that is a bumpy track and mad fun in the 97T with the enhanced details..

Now lets just hope they don't mess with it unless they are improving the under steer loss of grip feeling.

For myself and a lot of T500RS users, this has certainly NOT been an improvement.

As one of the guys wrote: the Thrustmaster now feels like a cheap toy.

The FF is NOW absolutely unreliable.

Sometimes you don't even feel the tires touching the curb, while on the other hand the contact lifts your car on two wheels...and you DO feel that.

Leaving Carracciola (Nürburg) on the right hand side, but not touching the curbs and depending on how much throttle is used, there has allways been a small bump. It was invisible but clearly present and enough to make your car a bit unstable. Now it is like if you hit a brick. Made me spin once. Nothing te see though... I would say that the FF is stronger THERE.

There is now the balancing and shaking when driving on a straight, (depending on track and car) sometimes really strong.

There is a small improvement in catching a car when you are about to loose the back end. But it feels very weird. It is like if the car is equipped with mega power steering. Very light, almost no feeling at all. Even when the car should feel heavy (and felt that way before the update) going from dowhill to uphill for instance. Feels like ice karting.

I used to be happy with FF on 5 (no assists), while now I tried everything from 1 to 9 without finding a "right" setting.

While FF used to be really good, 1.09 has ruined the complete feeling of the T500 (though some people think different).

I'm happy for the guys who can now experience better FF, but for me and a lot of others:
PD FIX THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE !!!

Last edited:
YZF
No, its absolutely the same. Placebo.

Wow, this guy ^. Comes into every thread debating the status quo. PD even said in the patch notes there was a change, if you cannot feel it, there must be something wrong with you, or you are just ham fisted and have the lack of ability to feel the finer things in life, please just go away.

YZF
No, its absolutely the same. Placebo.
Sadly, my experience was similar to Fanapryde's. I can't deduce how it could be a placebo effect when I didn't know about the changes before trying the game after the update.

Greg A

Back