Does anyone else's PS3 reboot when exiting the game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2002E39
  • 22 comments
  • 8,423 views
Messages
19
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Mine does sometimes, 320 gb slim. Exit game, it beeps and reboots!
 
Yep. Mine does it to.. It seem to be a issue with the digital version the most. My disc copy doesnt do in my other Ps3's
 
I have a disc copy and my fat (originally 40gb) ps3 does it most times I exit the game
 
Glad to see it's not my PS3 expiring. Still got warranty anyway.
 
The one time it happend to me is when I suspended a race series and quit the game.
 
It has happened to me twice on my 1 year old 500GB slim: The first time was after it had installed the first update and the game just froze, second time was yesterday when the game froze for some reason and I exited the game at which point it beep-beep-beeped and restarted
 
Only happened once to me when I shut the PS3 off without quitting the game first.
 
Cheers guys. I guess it's a pretty taxing game on the system.
 
I've had it as well, twice. It's not something I want to happen again though. :indiff:
 
I posted about this the other day.

Triple beep on shutdown and system reboots when quitting.
 
Does it happen only if you shut the system off before quitting the game? Rather odd for that to happen, and I don't want it to keep rebooting when I get it.
 
No problem so far playing the game, it exits fine, goes back to XMB never froze, never beeped. using an old fat 80 GB that was bought in 2010, a bit before GT5.

As I read all the stories with this, many people did some kind of a modification to their units ( either upgrading or prevention reflowing because people heard of other stories) before it crashed when using GT6.

I'm not sayin that everyone whose game reboots is in that situation as I have read people having stock fat units to exhibit such behaviour, but I guess that modding in a way the unit jinxed it.
 
Does it happen only if you shut the sysytem off before quitting the game? Rather odd for that to happen, and I don't want it to keep rebooting when I get it.
Its happened to me twice. No, its when I chose to quit the game, not shut down system. There shouldn't be any issue if just system shut down is chosen.
 
Happens every time for me. I choose to quit game, and the PS3 reboots with bleeps.
 
Same "beeps" after shutting down PS3 directly from game. Or quitting from race.
 
Well, after deleting update V1.01 (don't ask) and reinstalling it my PS3 no longer reboots when I quit GT6. I can now hit the PS button, quit, and go to the XMB as normal.
 
I've noticed the game seems more problematic when running personal music
 
I've noticed the game seems more problematic when running personal music
some freezes of game when track starting? yepp... Digital version of game. hope it will be patched .
 
Mine does on occasion. 120gb Slim.
 
Mine too, pretty much every time. Got a 250GB slim. I wouldn't worry about it too much, seems more like the PS3 just being weird (let's build a console that literally reboots whenever you launch a game!) than a serious issue. It doesn't happen if you quit the game and then shut down.
 
Mine has a couple of times and it had to repair system files. Seems okay but it's annoying.
 
Same here 9 times out of 10, quit game 3 beeps and reboot. So far only had to repair system files twice.
 
Back