Does anyone have a hard time playing GT sport after trying Assetto Corsa?

• Thread starter Necudo
  • 78 comments
Quality over quantity. I find races in GT sport filled with dirty drivers, so bigger playerbase doesnt mean anything

Yes there’s some dirty drivers.
But, I’ll put up with sometimes having to have dirty drivers to deal with in dailies to take advantage of the excellent matching.
This is typical, on a good combo...

DC744D58-5A18-4670-918C-1B6F732B7FB6.jpeg

Your reasoning is there’s dirty drivers so quality>quantity in ACC is better?
I went online in ACC. There weren’t any full lobbies. It was a ghost town.
I did enter one at Nurb GP.
There were five players. Two crashed off before completing a lap.
One was far away, and I passed the other one easily.
So to me I need quantity, in order to find quality in it.
This thread pops up every so often, I guess because there’s so few players in ACC they try to come here to recruit lol.

The competition server looked interesting to me at first, until I saw the race lengths were almost an hour minimum, yeah right.
I’m not entering an hour long boredom fest where there’s no one close to my times starting AND they are using tuning.
Lol NOWAY, not worth my time.
I’d rather setup a custom race in AMS2 or Rfactor2.

I always find it amusing when people claim a game is clean.
It’s never the game, it’s always the players.
I watched a couple iracing streams lately and there’s guys cutting across the infield to go try to revenge ram, stopping in the middle of straights to ram...
Meh. Play what you like, but I like the numbers in GTS.
The stricter the pen system gets the better the racing gets every time imo.

But, I’ll put up with sometimes having to have dirty drivers to deal with in dailies to take advantage of the excellent matching.

View attachment 1009005

This thread pops up every so often, I guess because there’s so few players in ACC they try to come here to recruit lol.

The competition server looked interesting to me at first, until I saw the race lengths were almost an hour minimum, yeah right.
I’m not entering an hour long boredom fest where there’s no one close to my times starting AND they are using tuning.

I watched a couple iracing streams lately and there’s guys cutting across the infield to go try to revenge ram, stopping in the middle of straights to ram...
The difference in IRacing you get banned for stupid racing. In GTS carry on doing the same crap.

The difference in IRacing you get banned for stupid racing. In GTS carry on doing the same crap.

That’s true except when the pen system is adjusted to be strict. When it is, the idiots can have at it all they want but not in the 99 lobbies I race in!
When the pen system in GTS gets too lenient, like now, dailies become a sad joke. The habitual low sr drivers get into top drivers lobbies and what happens is all the good players stop racing dailies until there’s an update.
I mean hey I wish you could get rfactor2 quality with gts participation but it’s a pipe dream.

View attachment 1009005

You're missing the point about quality vs quantity. In racing its all about community league racing. When i played GT sport i rarely played dails races because most of the time people drive dirty. Overtake where you cant overtake, divebomb, pushing, defending postition dirty etc. I always played in my community league with about 30-40 other people. This is what makes good racing buddies, people that you know that are clean and somewhat fast, its really fun race that way. Same as in ACC i have about 30 people that play in my community league. So on the one hand you have community with simcade game that was made for poeple with controller in mind and on other hand you have community with realistic driving for people that have wheel. For me i choose other, realistic one. I stopped caring about daily races, huge playerbase,victory splash screen etc.I dont care if GT sport has 100.000 online, it means nothing to me as i always play in my community where i know races are really good. For me its all comes to physics, ffb and to have regular people to play with. So its really preference.

Last edited:
That’s true except when the pen system is adjusted to be strict. When it is, the idiots can have at it all they want but not in the 99 lobbies I race in!
When the pen system in GTS gets too lenient, like now, dailies become a sad joke. The habitual low sr drivers get into top drivers lobbies and what happens is all the good players stop racing dailies until there’s an update.
I mean hey I wish you could get rfactor2 quality with gts participation but it’s a pipe dream.
You race in 99 lobbies? Come on man. Get serious.GTS penalty system is an utter complete joke. It's the reason I don't play the game. I can play,Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa,ACC and have none of the issues GTS has. I race every night with the same guys and never have the issue's this game has.They have made a complete mockery of online racing to the point everyone I know quit playing the game.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong about having preference. Its like FIFA vs PES.

Fifa has bigger playerbase, great UI etc, but PES have more realistic football, better ball physics. And at the end it all comes to that, playing realistic football or realistic racing.

:lol: I just quit the game. One race in Race B and I'm offed by a dirty driver at the final chicane on the last lap. I'll do a fresh start when GT7 arrives. No matter if it's the same penalty system. Good stuff coming mid-year. 👍

:lol: I just quit the game. One race in Race B and I'm offed by a dirty driver at the final chicane on the last lap. I'll do a fresh start when GT7 arrives. No matter if it's the same penalty system. Good stuff coming mid-year. 👍
Problem with daily races especially in B where there is 4laps is that its just too little time to race clean and try to overtake. So people push dirty trying to overtake. I thought daily C of manufactures would be different with 10-12 laps but its the same.Hell people are even worst in manufactures because they want to get points.

I found over the years, Manu is more to loose. Yes, it can be as crazy as a Daily. However, when it's just Australia/New Zealand, I found the races much better. Similar to real racing series, most of the time, players get placed in the same room with familiar players. Many times, they can't hide as they'll meet again. More often I saw more respect in those rooms than with more than two flags in the races. There's more to loose as in respect. Again, seeing the same players each week, they got called out and attitudes get readjusted.

All good though. I've restarted the game over 100 times. It's deleted and that's no drama. Got my play time from it. I can wait to try the GT86. I'll see them on the road anyway. ;)

You're missing the point about quality vs quantity. In racing its all about community league racing. When i played GT sport i rarely played dails races because most of the time people drive dirty. Overtake where you cant overtake, divebomb, pushing, defending postition dirty etc. I always played in my community league with about 30-40 other people

Always playing the same people, knowing they won’t hit you, etc is imo not racing.
Online is exciting when you have to deal with the unknown.
You get to be a much better online racer by playing public imo.
Some people simply can’t schedule racing in advance, and don’t want to either.
I need to be in the mood to race. That doesn’t happen for me when it’s like ok 7 pm it’s time for the racing (that you pretty much know what will happen since there’s only 29 or so others there)

You race in 99 lobbies? Come on man. Get serious.GTS penalty system is an utter complete joke. It's the reason I don't play the game. I can play,Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa,ACC and have none of the issues GTS has. I race every night with the same guys and never have the issue's this game has.They have made a complete mockery of online racing to the point everyone I know quit playing the game.

I agree they have adjusted the system to be too permissive in recent times.
When it gets strict I’ve always had good luck.
I like not knowing who will be in the lobby I’m matched into. It makes it fun.
It’s fun to know that the people in your sprint race might be dirty sometimes too.

And at the end it all comes to that, playing realistic football or realistic racing.

But realism is not strictly limited to physics, no?
In real racing there’s dangers, there will be rivals who hate each other, there will be dirty driving.
That competition you get. Going into a public lobby and competing, that’s the realistic side.
It’s competition. Yes the physics aren’t as real as Rfactor2, but the fact that you are competing against people who really want to win badly is very real.
In some polite strictly controlled community race where you know everyone and know no one will hit you, that’s a different game, imo LESS realistic.
I like the idea that everything’s fair, public server, use any control method you want, fixed setup, ok all comers, let’s race.
I like that.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to completely control every aspect of your own online experience either, but imo that’s far LESS realistic than reality, when it comes to a sport, a competition, it’s not close to real Motorsport like that regardless of physics or platform imo

Last edited:
That's the rules of racing Etiquette though. Not just the script of what Tom read, but the very essence of real life racing. Can depend on the definition of polite: From karting to gentlemen racing. Those are instances where drivers want to win. Also where drivers have rivals and may hate one another. Though polite it may seems, those are the rules that govern what people must do to race safely.

We all see in high profile race series, retaliation. NASCAR perhaps? I'm sure they have rules that mandate good sportsmanship and fair play. Plenty of stock car racing recordings to show otherwise. Those racers see each other for years and some wild stuff goes on each week.

Going outside those rules, institutes warnings, fines and being banned. Setting up a league where players may not even like each other, but do play by the rules, can seem polite. That's etiquette.
Entering a Daily to a smashfest, isn't realistic. There's no etiquette. No consequence when smashing someone just coming out of the pits, during a 40 second warm up. I'd call that unrealistic.

Entering a Daily to a smashfest, isn't realistic. There's no etiquette. No consequence when smashing someone just coming out of the pits, during a 40 second warm up. I'd call that unrealistic.

Not it’s not, the pens are messed up rn.
When the pen system is turned off basically like now dailies are much tougher. Dailies are dailies
FIA is the best.
What you are saying is essentially a preference for unranked vs ranked online play.
I like ranked myself.

Last edited:
The other difference is a $2500+ PC and a monthly subscription + buying cars and tracks vs paying $20 for GTS. That’s a pretty BIG difference.
$2500 for a PC to play IRACING?
I have some snow to sell you. 2500$. You don't need an I9 and a gtx3800 video card to play IRacing. I spent $20 already on GTS and wouldn't buy it again if you gave me $20. I gave it to my son and he doesn't play it. Like he said to many idiots drive like 9 year olds. Assetto Corsa on PC is $20 and blows GTS out of the stratosphere. It has more cars and tracks that are free than GTS. Real weather,time of day,etc,etc.
As for IRacing read up.
https://www.iracing.com/system-requirements-2/

Assetto Corsa read up.
https://www.assettocorsa.it/system-requirements/

$2500 for a PC to play IRACING?
I have some snow to sell you. 2500$. You don't need an I9 and a gtx3800 video card to play IRacing. I spent $20 already on GTS and wouldn't buy it again if you gave me $20. I gave it to my son and he doesn't play it. Like he said to many idiots drive like 9 year olds. Assetto Corsa on PC is $20 and blows GTS out of the stratosphere. It has more cars and tracks that are free than GTS. Real weather,time of day,etc,etc.
As for IRacing read up.
https://www.iracing.com/system-requirements-2/

Assetto Corsa read up.
https://www.assettocorsa.it/system-requirements/

Yeah, it’s about $2,500’ish CAD for a PC capable of running either iRacing or ACC at a level that doesn’t look like a PS2 game. I’m not saying they aren’t better games, just that they are much more expensive to get into, if you want to play at a GTS/or similar graphics level. ACC on console looks like a PS3 game, GT6 might even look better honestly.

Last edited:
I think to get all iracing content it’s prolly round 1500 US plus you still gotta pay the subscription plus internet plus pc.
You need a decent quality pc. Why even bother if the games look and run worse than a 3 generations removed console?
There’s no immersion in that.
From streams I’ve viewed in iracing there’s just as much crashing and idiocy as anything else, UNLESS you “git gud” as they say you will always have issues in any ranked game.
People are people, spending more money on pc Iracing AC ACC etc doesn’t give skill, only access.
Skill is skill.
If you want the best physics and ffb what you want is Rfactor2 imo.
Instantly going in jumping behind the wheel of a gr3, everything feels great and is intuitive. It just feels “right”
Project Cars 2 and AC can feel pretty good sometimes, other times not at all. Quality is highly varied depending on what you are doing.
My main opinion is if it’s physics you’re after rfactor2 is it.
If you wanna really race, if you want to race the biggest playerbase with great graphics, fair gameplay setup, and competitive online a click away anytime you want with no buying cars at 12 bucks a pop and tracks at 15 bucks a pop plus fees for access plus, stop paying the subscription you lose access to everything you’ve purchased which means you don’t even own it then what you want is GTS.
The competition is tough and it’s difficult to get to the upper echelons.
Like I said before this topic pops up very often in different forms.
The advocates here for other games are using the fact they race the same 15 opponents continuously as an argument to join?
Lmao what is this?
Bizarro world?

The fact is FairPlay no controller restrictions and massive access mean strong competition, period...
I can’t deny though, that PD needs to address the issues with the penalties. It seems to me they refuse to admit their failure here.
They need to just spend the darned money and make it the best in industry.
One reason I went ahead and also went pc is for times like this when the pen system in concert with garbage combos makes things poor.
I am hearing now too there’s server issues in FIA recently.
So I simply play DR2 or pc.
Problem solved. You can’t deny there’s strong competition in gts just as you can’t deny they need to spend on the pen system, or at least turn up the sensitivity again
Jmo

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s about $2,500’ish CAD for a PC capable of running either iRacing or ACC at a level that doesn’t look like a PS2 game. I’m not saying they aren’t better games, just that they are much more expensive to get into, if you want to play at a GTS/or similar graphics level. ACC on console looks like a PS3 game, GT6 might even look better honestly.
Where the hell are you buying your PC at ? You getting a VR setup with that to?Still buying setups from "Coach Dave" at how much per car? Really you can't set up a car on your own? Or it's the I don't have time for it,so I'll spend $100 on setups and still get my arse smoked.You can buy a PC right now at Best Buy for $1800 that runs every game better than a PS5.You want the ad? Jesus bro I've seen people stretch some stuff out. This is beyond it. PS2 level. Come on dude. Oh yeah my fractured wrist is healed now. I'm still waiting.
PSN abetterplaya
I'm sure you can figure that out now.

Last edited:
.You can buy one right now at Best Buy for $1800

That’s way too much for racing video games.
Not worth it.
@Pigems is pretty quick, in case you weren’t aware. Lol
Apparently you’re not quick enough to rank up in Zgts!
The lowly game you’ve been mocking for years lmao
“Pc2 is great I have ten people I race”

Smh lmfao

Last edited:
Where the hell are you buying your PC at ? You getting a VR setup with that to?Still buying setups from "Coach Dave" at how much per car? Really you can't set up a car on your own? Or it's the I don't have time for it,so I'll spend $100 on setups and still get my arse smoked.You can buy one right now at Best Buy for $1800. You want the ad? Jesus bro I've seen people stretch some stuff out. This is beyond it. PS2 level. Come on dude.

$1,800 is soooo much better than $2,500 too right? :lol: That’s 2 grand to play a game man, that’s nuts! Plus, if the person doesn’t have a wheel cause they play GTs on a pad that’s another $500+.

As for the setups, the CD ones were like $25 and it give you 3 setups for every track(dry race/wet race and Qually) in the game for the car you chose. Much easier than spending weeks testing out all tracks. I wouldn’t buy them again, but it was worth it when I first got the game for sure. As for setting a car up on my own, sure, I probably could, but sitting there tweaking settings for hours is a waste of time, I’d rather spend that time racing. No real race driver has to setup his own car, he tells the engineer/team, the cars doing this, but I want it to do this, and they fix it. So don’t give me that crap about setting up a car, because there aren’t many people who can do it properly.

By the way, you still owe me a race, since you wimped out of the last one. ;) I even gave you choice of game, how much more do you need? :lol:

Last edited:
I checked kudos for the top 5 drivers in the race and they're all in the 30-40k DR range, similar to yourself. Everyone seems pretty evenly matched so I'm not sure this proves against my point. Yes you can get an advantage with tuning, but it's only a few tenths (or 1 sec max because this track is quite long and the car is tricky). And the difference between a basic tune (like just correcting rear toe and gearbox) and a "perfect" tune done after several days of testing is even smaller. A DR 50k driver with a perfect tune, still isn't going to beat a DR 75k driver with default tune.

Hence my point, that tuning isn't going to alter the power map considerably. It just adds more time wasted for everyone looking for extra tenths that doesn't really affect the end results. A lot of people including me like the GTS FIA format because it's just jump in and go, without needing to hire a crew chief like in iRacing or other PC sims to even be competitive. Yes the default setup for some cars suck, but it's the same for everyone. The level playing field and ease of entry is the key point here.

And if we're speaking of tuning accuracy, GT doesn't have it either. Reverse rake still gives better turn in, and Formula cars normally have lower rear camber for better traction (opposite to what you find is faster). The tuning process is just trial and error, with no basis on reality whatsoever. It's pointless learning it because you just have to put in hours testing every permutation.
I wasn't being completely sincere with that, it was just the only real experience I had with tuning and I was much better than I usually am relative to the competition.

Also I put in a few days worth of practice for that race which I don't usually do.

Also I didn't die in the first corner like everyone else.

Also I mainly wanted to brag.

$1,800 is soooo much better than $2,500 too right? :lol: That’s 2 grand to play a game man, that’s nuts! Plus, if the person doesn’t have a wheel cause they play GTs on a pad that’s another $500+.

As for the setups, the CD ones were like $25 and it give you 3 setups for every track(dry race/wet race and Qually) in the game for the car you chose. Much easier than spending weeks testing out all tracks. I wouldn’t buy them again, but it was worth it when I first got the game for sure. As for setting a car up on my own, sure, I probably could, but sitting there tweaking settings for hours is a waste of time, I’d rather spend that time racing. No real race driver has to setup his own car, he tells the engineer/team, the cars doing this, but I want it to do this, and they fix it. So don’t give me that crap about setting up a car, because there aren’t many people who can do it properly.

By the way, you still owe me a race, since you wimped out of the last one. ;) I even gave you choice of game, how much more do you need? :lol:
I have a wheel,don't need that. $700 on a PS5 to play a game that doesn't exist sounds like a great investment to me?I do my own setups,because I actually understand real world physics, which GTS does not have and evidently you can't take the time to learn it. PS don't use GTS it doesn't replicate real world tuning.Not even remotely close. You don't think "Real world drivers"don't have input on their cars setup do you? Ha,ha,that's the funniest thing you've posted in this forum. Would you like me to post a hundred videos of drivers giving input to "their" cars their driving and what works and doesn't work for them. You know the guy putting his life on the line driving the car. No they tell engineers go ahead put what you think works and I'll go out and kill myself because engineers know better than the guy driving it. Cars also change during the race. Not all cars have telemetry that an engineer can see on the fly. What part of Ontario do you live in there sparky?Wimped out,yeah I fractured my 🤬 wrist on my birthday on April 8th. Pretty hard to drive with 1 hand. I'm pretty sure I posted my PSN name for you already there sparky. You can add me and we'll figure it out.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I have a wheel,don't need that. $700 on a PS5 to play a game that doesn't exist sounds like a great investment to me?I do my own setups,because I actually understand real world physics, which GTS does not have and evidently you can't take the time to learn it. PS don't use GTS it doesn't replicate real world tuning.Not even remotely close. You don't think "Real world drivers"don't have input on their cars setup do you? Ha,ha,that's the funniest thing you've posted in this forum. Would you like me to post a hundred videos of drivers giving input to "their" cars their driving and what works and doesn't work for them. You know the guy putting his life on the line driving the car. No they tell engineers go ahead put what you think works and I'll go out and kill myself because engineers know better than the guy driving it. Cars also change during the race. Not all cars have telemetry that an engineer can see on the fly. What part of Ontario do you live in there sparky?Wimped out,yeah I fractured my 🤬 wrist on my birthday on April 8th. Pretty hard to drive with 1 hand. I'm pretty sure I posted my PSN name for you already there sparky. You can add me and we'll figure it out.:gtpflag:

So you can set up a car, would you like a cookie? Id rather spend my time actually, you know, driving! Yes, of course real world driver have input on the car setup, that’s exactly what I said, they don’t “tune” the car though, the engineers and mechanics do that. The driver just tells them what they want the car to do, or what it’s doing now. The driver never touches a tool to work on the car, I don’t even watch racing and I now that. :lol: I bet there’s more Cole Trickles IRL than there is driver who’s know how to actually tune themselves.

Ontario? I wouldn’t be caught dead there right now :lol:, and can you please take all the people from there who moved here back, we don’t want them or their covid here in NS. It explains why you’re such a arrogant jerk though, so thanks for that at least.

I’m pretty sure I sent you a FR on PSN, if not I will, this race needs to happen soon. I raced for 2 months with a busted hand back in Dec/Jan, in top split, so cry me a river there sparky.

Last edited:
I absolutely guarantee you that everyone who's posted in this thread gets more enjoyment out of GT Sport than you do from anything you play.

Woah, woah, I am from the Centre of the Universe and don't appreciate the bashing of my province (not that I ever leave the city).

Anyway, I remember watching Driver61's charity 24hr stream and around the part that Emily Jones was a guest, someone asked him what he looks for in promising young drivers and he said that it was adaptability. Someone who can get in any car and drive it well. He referenced Emily Jones' ability to be top tier at both GT Sport and iRacing. And if you think about it, that really is very important for a driver.

Also, real life racing teams do tune cars for the driver but they can only do so much. You need the raw skills because no racing team on earth can make a bad driver good. And we're talking about video games, not real life racing where there is tons of money being spent and on the line.

Always playing the same people, knowing they won’t hit you, etc is imo not racing.
Online is exciting when you have to deal with the unknown.
You get to be a much better online racer by playing public imo.
Some people simply can’t schedule racing in advance, and don’t want to either.
I need to be in the mood to race. That doesn’t happen for me when it’s like ok 7 pm it’s time for the racing (that you pretty much know what will happen since there’s only 29 or so others there)

But realism is not strictly limited to physics, no?
In real racing there’s dangers, there will be rivals who hate each other, there will be dirty driving.
That competition you get. Going into a public lobby and competing, that’s the realistic side.
It’s competition. Yes the physics aren’t as real as Rfactor2, but the fact that you are competing against people who really want to win badly is very real.
In some polite strictly controlled community race where you know everyone and know no one will hit you, that’s a different game, imo LESS realistic.
I like the idea that everything’s fair, public server, use any control method you want, fixed setup, ok all comers, let’s race.
I like that.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to completely control every aspect of your own online experience either, but imo that’s far LESS realistic than reality, when it comes to a sport, a competition, it’s not close to real Motorsport like that regardless of physics or platform imo

Whaaat, in all competitions in the world blancpain, formula 1,nascar, rally etc there are almost same people who drive through season. Its not like drivers change every race.

Lol there is a difference between dirty driving and aggresive but clean driving.Its racing not wreckfest. In GT sport you look at the mirror and radar more than road so that someone doesnt ram you, you often get dirty driving, this is NOT how real races get, they dont divebomb everywhere, push you on grass/wall etc. The fun part in racing is clean but aggresive driving, overtaking, defending positions, passing from inside/outside.When i played GT sport with my community league we were driving mazda mx5 and there was like 10 cars in 0.700 differece whole race, it was so much fun to race clean but aggresive. This things happens in ACC community league but just that physics is so much better thus more enjoyable

Imagine what would happen in GT sport if there are 3 cars in 0.200 difference overtaking each other and driving bumper on bumper. Thats the beauty of racing, those 3 cars in GT sport will probably end up in grass or wall,in fullsim games or real races where people like to race those 3 cars would overtake each other, drive bumper to bumper close, defend position, overtake on outside/inside.

Most of those things you wont see in Gt sport. If the rivals hate each other or wanna win badly they sure dont push each other off the road, divebomb everywhere, closing position 5x times so they cant overtake.

Yeah thats why i said its all preference. I like real racing simulation. People who think same as you are on GT sport and thats ok. GT sport is more casual,accessible, much easier to drive and its made for people with controller in mind.

Last edited:
I expected this conversation would be summed up by:
"My game is great, your game sucks".

Not disappointed. I wouldn't really compare Project Cars and ACC with GTS as while they occupy the same general space, but aren't filling the same niche. I just want a game where I can pick up and get some online competition without needing to make too many decision, GTS is good for me. If you want more nitty gritty, the other games are what you want. Just because you prefer a game, it doesn't make it superior, and people don't have to agree with you. I feel OP intended this to be inflammatory rather than wanting a genuine discussion.

I think often people overstate the dirtiness of drivers, or hang on to that one or two race where there was a terribly dirty driver. I often spend the down time between Race B dailies to look at the replay and I look at incident between 2 drivers when I see someone calling out someone. More often than not, what I see is a driver who in general is pretty steady and pretty clean, but just made a terrible miscalculation or mistake. People go "oh they pushed me in the final chicane" and therefore they are dirty, give me a break. Yeah sure, during the race, you are justified in being a little mad. But in a field of 16 cars in limited laps to overtake with drivers of average ability in close proximity, you got to accept there will be mistakes especially with the strength of the tow in the game.

I think the other issue is, when you have pretty lenient penalty system, you need to get to B tier to be almost completely rid of the dirty drivers, whereas with a tougher penalty system their rating gets reset. The B/S races in the current system have pretty clean races, but clean means drivers won't purposefully knock you off, rather than they won't misjudge things. I am getting some beautiful competitive racing right now, me and 2 cars were fighting for 3 entire laps in Catalunya, swapping positions, just having a good race, finished behind the other 2 cars simply because the pressure took its toll and I misjudged Turn 9 and was slow to the pinhead. And obviously I have people who knocked me from 2nd to 8th too, but rationally I see it as a mistake. I mean, why wait 2 whole laps following closely to knock me off if they were dirty?

And I really didn't get the feeling the cars are the same in GTS, in some ways, their performances are quite different. Don't tell me the Veyron drives like the R8 or the RCZ. The DB9 is quite stiff compared to the Huracan, but it has great braking capabilities. The style to get maximum from the R8 is vastly different to the style you need from the Viper. In the RBR in last week's daily, I set better time in the Viper, but the DB9's better torque and brakes means I can race better with it. You can make the point the cars don't feel "as real" or "as realistic" but to say "every car is almost the same" is just a hyperbole.

Lol there is a difference between dirty driving and aggresive but clean driving.Its racing not wreckfest. In GT sport you look at the mirror and radar more than road so that someone doesnt ram you, you often get dirty driving, this is NOT how real races get, they dont divebomb everywhere, push you on grass/wall etc. The fun part in racing is clean but aggresive driving

Yep.

The fun part in racing is clean but aggresive driving, overtaking, defending positions, passing from inside/outside.

Yep.

Imagine what would happen in GT sport if there are 3 cars in 0.200 difference overtaking each other and driving bumper on bumper

Imagine if it were almost the whole field...
Welcome to top split or two.

Most of those things you wont see in Gt sport

Unless you play sport mode. I’m not sure if you are aware who you are talking at, but the majority of the races I do are like that, in sport mode in GTS.
ITS GREAT RACING, but you kind of need to get past the cretins in the lower ranks to find it, is all.
There’s so many players you run across all sorts of fast people from the Americas.
Tbh none of the things you listed there is anything different from just standard motor racing to me. That’s what racing is.
The only thing that prevents it from happening as often in dailies in gts right now is the fact they recently disabled the penalties and now re enabled them.
It really has no effect in FIA for the most part once you are up in the better lobbies. Those races are epic!
It’s so funny how you think you know who you are talking at.
Plus there’s nothing in ACC except gt3/4.
That’s boring. No Miata? No touring cars? No formula car?no kart? No dirt? No group B no group c? No LMP? No mini? No alpine? No TOYOTA 86????!??!!?omg no ovals? I mean ACC is sooo limited in scope I chose AMS2 over it and I’m glad I did. AMS2 is fun and looks great!
Why would I buy ACC when I use rfactor2 and GTS gt cars? They are in AMS2 also...variety is the spice of life!

Lol

Last edited:
So you can set up a car, would you like a cookie? Id rather spend my time actually, you know, driving! Yes, of course real world driver have input on the car setup, that’s exactly what I said, they don’t “tune” the car though, the engineers and mechanics do that. The driver just tells them what they want the car to do, or what it’s doing now. The driver never touches a tool to work on the car, I don’t even watch racing and I now that. :lol: I bet there’s more Cole Trickles IRL than there is driver who’s know how to actually tune themselves.

Ontario? I wouldn’t be caught dead there right now :lol:, and can you please take all the people from there who moved here back, we don’t want them or their covid here in NS. It explains why you’re such a arrogant jerk though, so thanks for that at least.

I’m pretty sure I sent you a FR on PSN, if not I will, this race needs to happen soon. I raced for 2 months with a busted hand back in Dec/Jan, in top split, so cry me a river there sparky.
Oh a blue noser that explains it. Ok so what is your PSN name. This race needs to happen soon because your sitting at home doing nothing.

I wasn't being completely sincere with that, it was just the only real experience I had with tuning and I was much better than I usually am relative to the competition.

Also I put in a few days worth of practice for that race which I don't usually do.

Also I didn't die in the first corner like everyone else.

Also I mainly wanted to brag.

Yes, this combo is very difficult so any extra practice you can get relative to everyone else, is the thing that's going to make the difference. Not the tuning. In fact I wager if you used the default tune after all that practice, you'd still be there and thereabouts in the race ;)

Back