Does anyone have a tune for a Callaway C12?

Callaway C12 is basically just a C5 Corvette. I'd almost bet money the suspensions would be identically setup.

Callaway C12 is basically just a C5 Corvette. I'd almost bet money the suspensions would be identically setup.

Different chassis, the traction on the C12 is the equivalent of a Speed 12 version of the C5 vette. If I remember right, it does like 10.3s.

Different chassis, the traction on the C12 is the equivalent of a Speed 12 version of the C5 vette. If I remember right, it does like 10.3s.

Actually it runs 10.07's-10.08's on timed launch, runs pretty good with some Subie's, I like the car but it has a really bad 0-60 because of all the wheel spin.

Actually it runs 10.07's-10.08's on timed launch, runs pretty good with some Subie's, I like the car but it has a really bad 0-60 because of all the wheel spin.

Shows how much I didn't use it. Since the game is almost dead with GTA5 and GT6 now right around the corner, I've been thinking of tuning to TCS enabled to simulate drag slicks - since GT6 most likely won't have them either. I'm wondering if its even possible to achieve or beat current times with this method, but its something to try when there's no other reason to tune anymore.

I've nicknamed that car "the big disappointment". Was hoping for 9.7's when I tuned it, Reading the Speed 12 analogy above I might go try with a bit if ballast, not sure if it has the power to deal with the extra weight up top though. I think I got it down to 10.082 after I posted the .088. I may post my tune in the tune thread Monday night if nobody else does it first. Even if it is still .010 off first place it will still be very competative online.

I've nicknamed that car "the big disappointment". Was hoping for 9.7's when I tuned it, Reading the Speed 12 analogy above I might go try with a bit if ballast, not sure if it has the power to deal with the extra weight up top though. I think I got it down to 10.082 after I posted the .088. I may post my tune in the tune thread Monday night if nobody else does it first. Even if it is still .010 off first place it will still be very competative online.

Could you send me the link to it when you make it?

I know IRL the C12 is a C5 Vette with a dressup kit and I believe a bigger displacement engine with a ton more power as well as some bits to increase frame strength. So that said The suspension should still work with minor tweaking provided PD hasn't botched either of the cars up.

Let me know how it goes.

I know IRL the C12 is a C5 Vette with a dressup kit and I believe a bigger displacement engine with a ton more power as well as some bits to increase frame strength. So that said The suspension should still work with minor tweaking provided PD hasn't botched either of the cars up.

We're talking about PD here, the people who made more versions of skylines than American domestics.. I was surprised they even bothered adding the C7 vette.

Shows how much I didn't use it. Since the game is almost dead with GTA5 and GT6 now right around the corner, I've been thinking of tuning to TCS enabled to simulate drag slicks - since GT6 most likely won't have them either. I'm wondering if its even possible to achieve or beat current times with this method, but its something to try when there's no other reason to tune anymore.

Doesn't TCS just cause the car to bog? I've noticed a LONG time ago that it causes the silver bar (representing the acceleration) get red in it (representing braking) my guess is that with TCS enabled it cause automatic engine braking, not sure if that is the case but I'm pretty sure it is, this was from my noob days on the circuit scene lol, aids are no longer required and haven't been for a LONG time, sometimes not even ABS :D

So does anyone have a tune or not
I do but it is not the best (aka i could give you a tune that you have to correct the mistakes because i am not one to give out tunes) but it will be something that you could hit the strip with.

Doesn't TCS just cause the car to bog? I've noticed a LONG time ago that it causes the silver bar (representing the acceleration) get red in it (representing braking) my guess is that with TCS enabled it cause automatic engine braking, not sure if that is the case but I'm pretty sure it is, this was from my noob days on the circuit scene lol, aids are no longer required and haven't been for a LONG time, sometimes not even ABS :D

Theoretically, if you tune a RWD like a AWD, you can run the gear fast enough that TCS won't need to kick in the braking, just limit throttle enough to eliminate wheelspin. I haven't been on GT5 to test it, but I've considered trying it for a few weeks now - just never get on to see.

I do but it is not the best (aka i could give you a tune that you have to correct the mistakes because i am not one to give out tunes) but it will be something that you could hit the strip with.

Is it better than the car maxed out and no transmission adjustment? If so i would love it.

So does anyone have a tune or not

I have a base tune and my fastest tune, I don't give out my tunes, I'd be more likely to do it now since GT5 is practically dead but my PS3 is broken so I have no way to get it to you, sorry.

Theoretically, if you tune a RWD like a AWD, you can run the gear fast enough that TCS won't need to kick in the braking, just limit throttle enough to eliminate wheelspin. I haven't been on GT5 to test it, but I've considered trying it for a few weeks now - just never get on to see.

I'm not so sure that it would work, then again there are a lot of things in GT5 that shouldn't work but do anyway lol so you never know.

Back