Does anyone have this?

• Thread starter Jon
  • 5 comments

Jon

(Banned)
Does anyone have Xbox? If so can you tell me how it is. I heard it sucks because Microsoft doesn't have that much experience in the Video Game Department

Nope, it's not out yet. It will be released on Nov. 8th.

I think if you give x-box a few years it will take out the competition like the playstation and playstation 2 did.

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I think if you give x-box a few years it will take out the competition like the playstation and playstation 2 did.

I disagree. You've got a software manufacture up against the world's most successful consumer electronics manufacturer in the world.

Do you think the timing of the price cut was accidental? Awfully cheap DVD player, ain't it. Ooh, and it plays games too.

I don't think MS have quite worked out who they're up against. Sony have had 12 months head start, and look at what's happened to the retail market in the last two months.

It won't fail, but I think Sony will retain the upper hand.

Originally posted by vat_man

I disagree. You've got a software manufacture up against the world's most successful consumer electronics manufacturer in the world.

Do you think the timing of the price cut was accidental? Awfully cheap DVD player, ain't it. Ooh, and it plays games too.

I don't think MS have quite worked out who they're up against. Sony have had 12 months head start, and look at what's happened to the retail market in the last two months.

It won't fail, but I think Sony will retain the upper hand.

That's very true, but I think Microsoft will end up doing quite well. They have this strange ability to buy companies and improve their standing. They also have the image of "Windows is great! Lets get an XBox because it's great!" ... unfortunately.

And now that we've seen it, I think the XBox is doing quite well. In my circle of 'console owning friends', there are two XBoxes, four PS2s, and one GameCube. Everyone owns a Nintendo and just about everyone owns a PSX. There are a bunch of SuperNintendos as well, but hardly any N64s. Is Nintendo tapering off? I hope the GameCube picks back up, it's just that there is a lot of competition now. The Dreamcast was a great system, but somehow it didn't get much recognition in my group of friends. There are a few guys that own one though.

~LoudMusic

Back