Realistic physics mod for WRC Generations [RELEASED]

• Thread starter Riky_Sim
  • 0 comments
Spain
Spain
Hi gents,

I released a physics mod for the WRC Generations por PC.

This is just the first version and it unlocks part of the potential of the physics of the game.
Now the cars that have recieved the new parameters feel much natural and easier to slide them. As a hardcore sim-racer the experience is quite close to RBR in many aspects.
Torque curves, steering angles and aerodynamics have been also overhauled.

It needs fine tuning but is a good starting point.

The mod also includes FFB twaking. :)

You can find it here:

patreon.com/user?u=44607509

STATEMENT:
Race Department has removed because it has no specific section. They have deleted because they think it doesn't worth the time to create a data base for the few number of downloads that it could have.
I hope we can prove them wrong!!
Please, comment here if you have downloaded and you like it.
Thanks for your support.

More details:
=>Talking about the mod it self:

We all know that the official rally games try to reach the big mass of players and it should be good for unexperienced players, pad players and so on.
They also try to provide fun and espectacularity.

So the new physics have this general tweaks:
  • Around 15% less mechanical grip
  • Little less power
  • Torque curves have been corrected and smoothered (using 20 points instead of 12 o 16)
  • Little bit more aero (air resistance was very low)
  • Corrected Center of Mass
  • Max steering angle corrected
  • It includes thottle fix from Avery3R (I think not all cars need this)

With those changes the driving experience out of the tarmac is very close to RBR. (tarmac feels better too but also thanks to the FFB tweak).
You will notice that you can drift for several meters. you will be able to make a hairpin with handbrake and not make a 360º :D. No more crazy wheel spin.

Only few vehicles will be updated first.
There's more to tweak but I don't fully understand all parameters yet.
I'd like to hear your opinions before to tweak all cars.
Please, understand that the trial an error is sick and the loading times of this game makes it very time consuming.

I will post a gameplay on youtube later.

=>FFB teaks

The FFB is ♥♥♥♥ in the original game.
In the code it has some smoothings that make the feedback go with some strange delay and it feels very dampy.

Again, I don't fully understand all the parameters and I'm sure it can be improved but this is a great starting point.
The FFB output is so much more vivid and helps a lot to understand what the car is doing. The presicion of the car control is much higher, specially in tarmac.

I will share also recommended FFB settings. Take in accout that I use a Fanatec CSW2.5.

Last edited:
Back