Does chassis improvement help?

• Thread starter IMSPEED1
  • 10 comments
Netherlands
Holland
IMSPEED1
Does it really make a difference. I've asked some guys but some say it does make a difference and some say it doesn't.
Thanks in advance.

Honestly don´t know... The only thing certain is that if you wanna test the diferences would need to buy 2x the same car... :grumpy: In some cases that becomes a "little bit" expensive, being a fixed feature...

Yea, I thought I'm gonna ask it first before I spent my hard earned on something that doesn't give me an advantage.

Shan't.

:lol:

I don't drag race, but the chassis rigidity upgrade should, in theory, increase the amount of power sent to the wheels by reducing losses to flex. But seeing as that game doesn't seem to properly model linear grip, there's no good reason to assume that these effects would be modeled properly either.

As said by Tex. In theory yes. Unlike circuit, until we get another "speed test", it's hard to tell what changes can make a difference, or not.

Shan't.

:lol:

I don't drag race, but the chassis rigidity upgrade should, in theory, increase the amount of power sent to the wheels by reducing losses to flex. But seeing as that game doesn't seem to properly model linear grip, there's no good reason to assume that these effects would be modeled properly either.

4 years of PD drag racing experience has taught me that the biggest mistake anyone can make when tuning a car is to apply real life logic to their tunes. Often real life tunes are slower than the default tune...

I tested this exact topic when GT6 came out and it made no difference at all. Don't waste your money.

4 years of PD drag racing experience has taught me that the biggest mistake anyone can make when tuning a car is to apply real life logic to their tunes. Often real life tunes are slower than the default tune...

I tested this exact topic when GT6 came out and it made no difference at all. Don't waste your money.
Yeah, no, I don't dare assume realism from 'The Real Driving Simulator' any longer...especially when finding realism requires one to go to great lengths. :lol:

No, it doesn't do anything.
It, just like the LSD, brakes, tires in the front, putting the ballast in the rear (with no weight). Common placebo myths.

Neither does any of the dampers or anti roll bars, or camber in the front.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't do anything.
It, just like the LSD, brakes, tires in the front, putting the ballast in the rear (with no weight). Common placebo myths.

Neither does any of the dampers or anti roll bars, or camber in the front.
Thanks for the help.
Sorry for late reply, haven't been on GTP lately.

Back