Does chassis refresh actually do anything?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goshin2568
  • 34 comments
  • 10,444 views
"Restore rigidity when you feel that your car is not what it used to be."

For me, this would be every time I have a bad lap. 'Always blame the car's loss of rigidity.' That's my motto. :)
 
Chasis rigidity is not influenced by crashes (in GT). The chasis rigidity drops due to constant stress occuring during races. I remember in GT4 i've had a toyota minolta, and it got really sluggish in turns after couple endurance races. So i restored rigidity and it felt like new. Restore rigidity when you feel that your car is not what it used to be.

Exactly.

And it shouldn't take a Rocket Scientist to fiqure out it isn't needed, or a warranted payable for sometime.

Just another example of: What the **** has happened at PD??????? :confused:
 
The chassis needs refreshing after using it for a long time. I realised that my Minolta was wobbling left and right on a straight at high speed after driving it for 6000km+. After refreshing the chassis, it could drive straight again
 
I run my NASCAR ride alot, it's my favorite car to drive. And I deffinitely notice the chassis starting to get "loose" after alot of racing. Granted....not after just a few races......and also it's only when there's been alot of crashing going on. For example the NASCAR series in Expert A-Spec. Anyone who's went through the frustration of trying to gold that race knows what I'm talking about. I don't think I had been intentionally wrecked that many times in all my years of playing NASCAR games online on PS2, lol. After about a dozen time being wrecked at 200 mph, my car deffinitely couldn't hold a line as good anymore at the beginning of a race. WHen I rebuilt the chassis my handling came back. The speed of the wreck deffinitly makes a difference as to how much chassis damage was done. And repairing deffinitely makes a difference.

What I don't understand is....why there isn't a wear indicator for both a car's chassis and engine. There really should be one that indicates power loss for engines and rigidity loss for chassis.
 
For the engine you just need to take a look at your cars power output, if it's started to drop from what it was and the oil changes won't take it all the way back up, then your due an engine re-build. The chassis refresh is harder to work out as there's no on screen data to provide you with any indication, you can only go with how the car feels. I have noticed on some high mileage used cars that I've bought that after a couple of races if I restored the chassis then there was a noticable improvment in the cars cornering ability and overall stability. I don't think it's a placebo affect as this was also a feature in GT4, but I don't think it needs to be done very often. Mainly I think this will only affect certain used cars you buy and cars you tend to use very often and even then you'll only need to restore the chassis occasionally.
 
Back