Does gt sport clutch work with pedal shifters.

• Thread starter Tinzo
  • 31 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
hi guys new here. From Netherlands.
I hope your doing well.
Quick question about gt clutch behavior.
I have a t300 rs and last week bought a t3pa for it. The 3 pedals. Didn't get the h shifter yet. On internet i read to enable the clutch on gtr choose manual and when the count down starts push the clutch all the way in and it should work with older cars. I am trying this with a r32 gtr but it still doesn't work. You need the th8a too to make it work or should it work with just a wheel and pedals? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Tinzo I’m from Germany and
I play GT Sports with the Logitech G29 which does also have 3 Pedals and I couldn’t get to work the clutch with any Gr. 3 or 4 Cars for Example.
I noticed that on the regular Street Cars N.XXX which came with a manual Tranmission the clutch works but I don’t use a H Shifter just the Shiftpedals on the steering wheel.
I hope I could help u a bit.

Can you give me a car as example to try? Couldn't get r32 gtr word. This car is only build manual.

Any update here?
I have the Fanatec v3 sports club pedals and the clutch pedal doesn’t work anymore w the H shifting whereas before on older cars you had to clutch or the car wouldn’t go into gear.
Is this an update thing? Or is there a setting change now

I think the Fanatec Users will still have to wait.
Didn’t u have to install a Patch that lets GT think u have a Logitech G29?

Nothing outside of the firmware that I installed originally. The funny thing was the clutch was working after the Countach, and F40 patch came out and now it shifts without clutching down.

I have the G29 and the clutch doesn't work for this game. At least not for me. I've tried everything but I have not been able to get it to function correctly.

Happy, Im using the CSL, as of yet there is no support. We have to use the g29 settings. Use the shifter on the wheel with no clutch until we do get support.

Unfortunately the clutch is just an on/off button.
It doesn't work as a clutch should.

It only works if you start using it including the H shifter.
(only when the car actually has a manual gearbox)
And stops working as soon as you touch one of the paddles.

at least for me it works like this

If you put the Fully Customised Transmission on any car that normally has a clutch, it loses the clutch as far as I'm aware, cars that have a non-sequential gearbox set to normal transmission SHOULD have a clutch, I'm using G29 however.

Unfortunately the clutch is just an on/off button.
It doesn't work as a clutch should.

It only works if you start using it including the H shifter.
(only when the car actually has a manual gearbox)
And stops working as soon as you touch one of the paddles.

at least for me it works like this

I noticed it working like an on off switch.
If you put the Fully Customised Transmission on any car that normally has a clutch, it loses the clutch as far as I'm aware, cars that have a non-sequential gearbox set to normal transmission SHOULD have a clutch, I'm using G29 however.

That’s very interesting around that time I started going crazy with transmission work I will try going back to standard Tran on an old car to test this. Poly should change this IF that’s the case

Thrustmaster wheels need to have a shifter connected before you can engage the clutch pedal ingame on cars that have a clutch.

Logitech's G29 clutch pedal works in GTS even if you do not have a shifter connected (if you jump into a factory settings Toyota Supra, while using a G29, and your car doesn't go into 'N' upon using your clutch pedal than I think your clutch pedal is broken/not responding).

Recap:
-on thrustmaster wheel you need the shifter to be connected before it will work in GTS.
-on the G29 your clutch pedal works even without a shifter connected.

Thrustmaster wheels need to have a shifter connected before you can engage the clutch pedal ingame on cars that have a clutch.

Logitech's G29 clutch pedal works in GTS even if you do not have a shifter connected (if you jump into a factory settings Toyota Supra, while using a G29, and your car doesn't go into 'N' upon using your clutch pedal than I think your clutch pedal is broken/not responding).

Recap:
-on thrustmaster wheel you need the shifter to be connected before it will work in GTS.
-on the G29 your clutch pedal works even without a shifter connected.

On the G29, the clutch works fine in all games except GTS. I have no issues in other racing games. But also, In those game, I can see the settings and adjust the deadzone. This game I cannot.

I am also looking for cars that correctly support a cockpit clutch and shifter. The only ones I have found so far are the Shelby Cobra and Supra RZ. Others, like the 76 Ferrari clearly should work, but doesnt. I thought the Raptor worked but since the update it doesnt. I have a Fanatec clutch and shifter.
Edit: when I changed the transmission back to normal, it worked.

Last edited:
The clutch only functions properly when you have an ingame manual car. If not the clutch is useless.
The clutch 'works' in these cases, but functions properly certainly isn't the case. It still needs to be depressed 100% to work, and that's not a clutch functioning properly.

The clutch 'works' in these cases, but functions properly certainly isn't the case. It still needs to be depressed 100% to work, and that's not a clutch functioning properly.

I agree with this statement. 100% in all the way is not how a clutch works. It should not function as a button. We really just need an adjustment for deadzone and this game would be on par with other offerings out there.

My clutch engages about a third of the travel from the bottom and although its not much, it does have some slip, so its working like a clutch. My list has increased with the discovery of the Miata utilizing the clutch properly. Here is my list, I will edit as I find more.

Cobra
Supra
Miata
RC213
Lancer 15’
R34
Nova
69 Curvette
Diablo
F40
Mclaren F1
Camaro SS
Ford GT
02 Viper
Mustang GT
76 Ferrari
VW Bus

Last edited:
I couldn't get it to work with the R34 the other day. But it does work with a lot of cars.

You can use an H shifter to get times in license tests that are not possible with paddle shifters.

I couldn't get it to work with the R34 the other day. But it does work with a lot of cars.

You can use an H shifter to get times in license tests that are not possible with paddle shifters.
Have you checked if you have the race transmission on the R34? That might be the case

Oh that's it. So do cars shift faster with the race trans? (instead of the artificial shift delay you get when paddle shifting in a stickshift car)
Yep, they do. Every single race transmission in GTS is a sequential. It doesn't matter whether the car's stock transmission was a stick shift

hi guys new here. From Netherlands.
I hope your doing well.
Quick question about gt clutch behavior.
I have a t300 rs and last week bought a t3pa for it. The 3 pedals. Didn't get the h shifter yet. On internet i read to enable the clutch on gtr choose manual and when the count down starts push the clutch all the way in and it should work with older cars. I am trying this with a r32 gtr but it still doesn't work. You need the th8a too to make it work or should it work with just a wheel and pedals? Thanks.

Did you change your gears cause I have that problem that wen I change the gearing of the car the clutch won't work

I can't figure it out. I have tried everything. Maybe its because I don't have a H shifter? All i have is a t300 and 3tpa pedals.

Back