Does GT5 support full 1920x1080p resolution?

  • Thread starter Thread starter grbmrdj
  • 6 comments
  • 953 views

grbmrdj

(Banned)
Messages
268
Messages
GTP_Gevnesh
if not and it's upscaled to that, does it look worse or can't you notice? is it still 60fps if its upscaled?
 
Check the News portion of the site, as Digital Foundry did a very informative report on what you're asking. But since you're here instead of there... it is upscaled, it looks fine -- you can hardly notice, and the game struggles to maintain 60fps.
 
Yes it should support it but I run at 1080i since for some reason my cables seem to be the weakest link and get white/red/green sparkles at 1080p. Cables are from monoprice and are 6 feet long running through Pioneer receiver. Maybe its just in the basement with interference. Weird. You can see difference in p vs i though, wish I could play on p with no issues.
 
Yes it should support it but I run at 1080i since for some reason my cables seem to be the weakest link and get white/red/green sparkles at 1080p. Cables are from monoprice and are 6 feet long running through Pioneer receiver. Maybe its just in the basement with interference. Weird. You can see difference in p vs i though, wish I could play on p with no issues.

You still have issues at 720p?
 
You still have issues at 720p?

No, 720p and 1080i are flawless.

I tried connecting from PS3 straight to Samsung LCD TV and still have issues.

Its funny though, the cables are monoprice which is supposed to be quality and its a 24 AWG so its thick cable with ferrite cores to reduce noise. I think its related to the heat of the LCD screen as I don't see issues immediately switching to 1080p but after 30 minutes when the screen is hot, the sparkles come up.
 
No, 720p and 1080i are flawless.

I tried connecting from PS3 straight to Samsung LCD TV and still have issues.

Its funny though, the cables are monoprice which is supposed to be quality and its a 24 AWG so its thick cable with ferrite cores to reduce noise. I think its related to the heat of the LCD screen as I don't see issues immediately switching to 1080p but after 30 minutes when the screen is hot, the sparkles come up.

Peculiar. Might I suggest running it at 720p, then? The overall image is better than 1080i, and as a Digital Foundry test video showed, you get 2 ~ 6 more fps on average than 1080p. If you have a smaller screen, I'm sure it would still look very, very good.
 
Peculiar. Might I suggest running it at 720p, then? The overall image is better than 1080i, and as a Digital Foundry test video showed, you get 2 ~ 6 more fps on average than 1080p. If you have a smaller screen, I'm sure it would still look very, very good.

I've tried both and after spending quite a bit of time with other games, 1080i in motion looks shaky and jagged, but 720p just looks like a mess on my TV - 40 inch. And I sit close to the TV too - about 5 feet with my racing cockpit.
 
Back