does it matter when you ECU tune?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ppark7384
  • 15 comments
  • 6,032 views
Messages
28
Messages
ppark7384
I'm wondering if its better the to do ECU tuning after all your upgrades or if it really doesn't matter.
 
ECU is the first thing I do. Then catalytic. Those 2 give alot of gain for cheap.
 
it doesnt matter. in real life youd do it last but i really doubt it matters in gt5
 
how about a try to find out?
buy a car twice and on the first you install all starting with the ecu
on the second you install all ending with the ecu...
 
I wish it mattered! tuning is a huge part of being a gear head and I wish there was some way we could influence it. I think the tuning should have its own little thing were you'd have to make a few dyno pulls before you get it right and have a decent tune going. also it be cool to have different tunes/maps for different power/torque bands and such depending on what you were aiming for like autocrossing vs road race.
 
how about a try to find out?
buy a car twice and on the first you install all starting with the ecu
on the second you install all ending with the ecu...

im dirt poor in gt5, i don't think the grinding is worth to find out for sure.


Seems like it doesn't matter. Thanks guys, I'm going to ECU tune all the cars I drive now.
 
If I remember correctly in GT4 it did matter what order you installed the parts in, for the most power. I'm still trying to figure out if that matters in GT5, and if there is a break in period for the cars.
 
Sorry for the noob question, but how do you actually get to tune the ECU? I purchased the stage 3 engine, but when I go to the car's options and click "tuning" and go to the ECU, I only get a description of what it is. What screen to go to in order to tune the ECU?

Thanx in Advance!!!
 
He just means the upgrade you can buy called "ECU Tuning", you can't actually do the tuning manually.
 
It's like putting in a chip or re-mapping...works in real life, don't know the effects in GT 5 yet....

Older cars have no computer...
 
it doesnt matter. in real life youd do it last but i really doubt it matters in gt5

Your just buying the ECU, not tuning it. Lets just pretend every part fitted to the car the ECU is then re-tuned.
 
If I remember correctly in GT4 it did matter what order you installed the parts in, for the most power. I'm still trying to figure out if that matters in GT5, and if there is a break in period for the cars.

It didn't. You could do them in any order and the total power would still be the same.
 
I do not know if it matters in game or not. I think it is funny though that some people refer to installing a part as tuning a part. Maybe I am just old fashioned but added parts is "Upgrading" tweaking the settings of those parts is "Tuning" As far as I know you can not tune the ECU in either GT or Forza but it would be nice if you could.
 
Considering you can put an upgraded ECU in a car from 1947, or put a sport catalytic converter on a car from before the catalytic converter existed, I don't think it matters what order you do things in.
 
Back