Does Kaz's letter make any sense?

• Thread starter gogo7188
  • 79 comments
China
China
Liber-Ele
According to the letter,
1. "In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions."

2. "I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

And then he dicided to nerf the payout?

Dont believe it. Everything points to pushing for mtx. First they leave out mtx untill reviews are out. Then the ridiculous mtx pricing. Then the lowered payouts, inability to sell cars, increased car prices, invites to buy cars and the deluxe car dealer with rotating stock.

And to top it of they lower payouts even more after alot of people already complained they were to low.

Long story short, they could care less what we think. They're after the whales who buy mtx.

Last edited:
According to the letter,
1. "In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions."

2. "I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

Some users will say otherwise and may call me names like before, but i stand by what i said. Very low payouts are Sony's decision, as microtransaction revenue does not go to PD but Sony. No, Kaz is no longer SVP, considering that is old news where the most recent one about SVP is the pedo that was caught. Yes Kaz will still have to do what the higher ups said even though he's the president of the studio, thats just common sense. Which is why theres probably a disconnect between his message and the nerfed payouts

Its more like Sony is experimenting with GT7 IMO, this is their second live service that are made in house (first being GTS). im guessing theyre testing the waters on how much they can get away with this.

Always Online is 100% PD though, thats no doubt.

Last edited:
According to the letter,

Not sure why this needed a whole new thread, but to me yes the letter makes sense.

I gathered it needed to have a longer range view when they posted the 'future updates' announcement on launch day. The main problem is there just needed to be more actual game from launch, not having enough meat on the bones makes it difficult for the general populace to grasp the scope, hence the warranted frustration. It's doubtful, but hopefully there is lessons to be learned on their end of how these last two weeks have gone.

I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.
Absolute guff.

"[..] would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again, so we've reduced payouts to make sure you need to mechanically replay events even more!"

Some users will say otherwise and may call me names like before, but i stand by what i said. Very low payouts are Sony's decision, as microtransaction revenue does not go to PD but Sony. No, Kaz is no longer SVP, considering that is old news where the most recent one about SVP is the pedo that was caught. Yes Kaz will still have to do what the higher ups said even though he's the president of the studio, thats just common sense. Which is why theres probably a disconnect between his message and the nerfed payouts

Its more like Sony is experimenting with GT7 IMO, this is their second live service that are made in house (first being GTS). im guessing theyre testing the waters on how much they can get away with this.

Always Online is 100% PD though, thats no doubt.
That would be even worse, to test the waters with one of your most succesfull 25 year old francises. Bad business decision if true. And i don't believe its the case. I think it is pd's decision. Nothing points to another direction, certainly not sony's history with mtx.

Wishful thinking from your end maybe?

Last edited:
When though? What we have right now is very limited, with no news of anything coming any time soon.

React to this post with "poo" if you'd prefer the game never receive any content updates.

Sometime between now and in the future.

I don’t know, but going on past history like GT Sport they have added events, and in Gt5/6 via seasonals.

Why would you think I would never like the game to have any content updates? That’s pretty “poo” thinking on your part sir. 🙃

Yes Kaz will still have to do what the higher ups said even though he's the president of the studio, thats just common sense. Which is why theres probably a disconnect between his message and the nerfed payouts

Not many folk understand Asian philosophy and social order. In many ways, they're still a feudal society with women still treated as second class citizens, and outsiders are considered barbarians. At least we Americans and Brits are cool barbarians. ;)

Anyhow, yes, the notice makes sense for a company on the SONY leash. They own PD and Kaz both, after all.

Yes it makes sense.

He nerfed the pay out to stop 'mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again'.

Whether that's a good or bad is for ya'all to decide.
Problem is it's still the fastest method regardless of the nerf lol, i think they have problem with math in japan

I feel like...he should have waited until the udpate with more events was added to adjust payments. Because this really doesn't make any sense at the moment. We had events with descent payments and "doing the same event over and over" well...sorry, buddy, that's not gonna change it'll just take 3X longer, now. I....I don't get it.

EES
That would be even worse, to test the waters with one of your most succesfull 25 year old francises. Bad business decision if true. And i don't believe its the case. I think it is pd's decision. Nothing points to another direction, certainly not sony's history with mtx.

Wishful thinking from your end maybe?
Unless you can explain to me how PD will get MTX revenue as theyre not an independent studio but a subsidiary of SIE. I still think Low payouts are Sony's doing.

Sony have already been upfront about their interest with Live Service games, the recent hiring spree for people with experience making multiplayer games in other FP Studios and the fact that they themselves said they want 10 live service games by 2026 is obcious enough answer. Live service games have two ways of sustaining themselves, Paid DLC/Expansion pack (Which wont work imo considering how Sport mode works) or Microtransaction (which would work just fine if the economy is like GTS and GT6). Guess which model GT7 uses.

Last edited:
Not many folk understand Asian philosophy and social order. In many ways, they're still a feudal society with women still treated as second class citizens, and outsiders are considered barbarians. At least we Americans and Brits are cool barbarians. ;)
This is disgusting, youre generalizing a continent of 4.5 billion people with thousands of different cultures as one entity that treats its women ****ly (Ever heard of my ethnicity Minang? theyre Matrilineal) and thinks outsiders are barbarians (Dark skin is literally frowned upon in my country due to colonization), its not okay.

Which asian philosophy? Are you talking about Javanese? Indian? Chinese? Arabs? or hundreds of other philosophy that originate from the thousands of culture in Asia?

Delete this **** bro

It doesn’t make sense. His explanation that payouts were lowered on certain events in order to balance them better against other events is nonsense. In that case they should have increased payouts on the the majority of events that frankly pay out too little for a win.

All the events have now become very unappealing for suffering effort vs. reward problems. In turn the microtransactions become more appealing, but personally I’ll avoid buying credits like the plague. Sinister strategy no matter how much Kaz denies it. :indiff:

Last edited:
I'm just trolling the couple people that keep reacting to my posts because they can't handle a bit of criticism toward their beloved Gran Turismo.

You seem to be infatuated with poo. Are you 3? Give it a rest.
React to this post with "poo" if you think the Cafe mode stinks.

React to this post with "poo" to show your support for eating whatever poo Polyphony serves you.

If you're stinky, react to this post with "poo" to show everyone how stinky you are.

React to this post with "poo" if you want Kaz to poo on you. You freak.

Couple of people have been reacting to just about everything I say with "poo", so I edit these in after the fact.

I think you have to take it at face value, the key quote being:

"In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions."

With this, he acknowledges that he wants game owners to enjoy lots of cars without paying for them but understands that right now it isn't and reading between the lines, this is because a lot of racing content isn't in game right at this stage.

He also states that in the immediacy, the current options will be balanced based on track time (Which makes sense) but the key elements that will make his statement (above) will come to fruition in future updates.

He's made no secret that things are missing, we all know this, endurance races for one and has stated that the addition of these which will also follow the same payout levelling (Put in place with this update) but the addtions will bring the game to the where it should be. Ie not pay to enjoy.

It could be argued that the game shouldn't have been released without everything in place but we are where we are, and we probably would have complained about a delay.

At least this way we can enjoy the game, build up a collection and actually enjoy and experience those cars we get whilst competing online/offline and waiting for some good updates that will allow us obtain even better/rarer cars.

With his message, I'm prepared to enjoy the game in it's current state and give him the benefit of the doubt that we'll soon have it where it should be.

Last edited:
All the events have now become very unappealing for suffering effort vs. reward problems.
Unappealing enough that I've stopped playing. It only makes sense to wait until the game's finished.
You seem to be infatuated with poo. Are you 3? Give it a rest.
Trolling the people that react with "poo" on most of my posts.

Last edited:
Yep, I quoted you saying that.
Yep.
Since you asked me to stop I will do that. But I don't really appreciate the insult over some lighthearted messing with the people who were reacting to my posts.

His message makes sense to me. He doesn't want the game to be about repetitively grinding one event thousands of times, and I agree with this. He acknowledges that the game currently does not solve this problem, but he isn't permitted to talk about what is coming in the future. It would, of course, be better if the game were playable right now, but that doesn't mean his message doesn't make sense.

I guess it's his intention to make us drool over the supercars, and offer better rewards later in time so that eventually we will be able to buy also these expensive cars, but not immediately now, just like in real life (even better).

But ... don't forget Mr Kaz, in real life a collector can also SELL cars!

Back