Does purchasing digital version after playing disc version for a year retain progress?

• Thread starter applemango
  • 35 comments
I am pleased (and relieved) to say that the change from physical to digital went smoothly. I did take a backup to USB but it wasn't needed in the end. It just started up first time with all my progress retained. Phew!

Many thanks to everyone especially kilesa4568 for giving me the confidence to just go for it. What was I worried about?! :lol:

I'm only doing the HDD swap to increase my storage and I'm not that bothered about the speed to be honest. If it happens to be marginally faster then it's a bonus. And sure I could just add on an external drive for extended storage but I like things tidy 👍

Again, it's extremely rare for a save to get corrupted on the client or server side. You're basically doom mongering about a seldom seen problem.
Do you know why a backup save to Cloud or to a USB is useless in GT Sport ?.

Yeah you have to uninstall the entire game and download the 96 GB is at by now. I wanted to do the same but asked for a refund (of the digital version) since I still had a bandwidth cap. Even now, I can't not race for the time it takes to re-install the entire game over the internet!
Rofl that's very large.

Back