does race active settings have any significant advantage

• Thread starter rampresin
  • 10 comments
I have used it at the start of races in the past when I was at a TLD Track Day in a way over powered Ford GT. I turned on TC to 3 and then flicked it off about 5 seconds later. I've also been known to adjust brake balance during races if i'm struggling with it, but generally I won't use the Race Active setting very often.;)

In race active settings you can adjust tcs,asm,abs,braking balance and other stuff while racing

Oh you mean the on the fly settings. Well to be fair, most people have there cars setup perfectly befor they enter a race. I suppose it is a nice gimick. And at one stage I followed 888 tuning's guide to make the Dualshock 3 controler into a on the fly settings controler. But I never had to use it.

Most people here dont use any sort of TCS or ASM anyway. I suppose when we get the rally mode in GT5 full release. It may be handy to adjust ABS and torque distribution between front and rear on AWD cars when the track changes from say Gravel to Tarmac.

But for the most part Im more worried about the car in front, the car behined and my own braking points and track position, to realy worry about going through a menue to change settings.

Of course it makes a difference if you change your ABS, TCS or ASM settings. But if you set your car up properly I dont believe you will have a need for it.

I think it can have an advantage. I tend to change the settings in the Nissan GTR a fair bit when I'm racing it at Daytona Road. It can make my laps slightly faster, depending on whether changing the settings doesn't distract me too much.

Changing your settings will give a much bigger advantage in GT5 during races with tyre wear, that's for sure.

The most important factor for me is the abs,as I slightly increase it while going through hard braking to prevent spinning

The most important factor for me is the abs,as I slightly increase it while going through hard braking to prevent spinning[/QUOTE

ABS keeps your wheels from locking up it wont stop you spinning. And the settings wont take effect untill you exit back out of the menu, and thats probably why you dont feel any difference. Keep the ABS on 1 or 2, and just relieve the brake pedal slowly the slower you get, to stop the wheels locking up.

The most important factor for me is the abs,as I slightly increase it while going through hard braking to prevent spinning[/QUOTE

ABS keeps your wheels from locking up it wont stop you spinning. And the settings wont take effect untill you exit back out of the menu, and thats probably why you dont feel any difference. Keep the ABS on 1 or 2, and just relieve the brake pedal slowly the slower you get, to stop the wheels locking up.[/QU

Thanks a lot,didn't know that they dont take place until you get out of the menu,I know what are you saying I am talking about the car spin and tcs is for the wheel spin,ABS just gives the car a bit of stability though but thanks for the information.How did you find out that ?

I do it find it fairly useful in certain cars for altering brake bias on the fly, some cars have larger braking distances and are a little more twitchy under braking than others and I sometimes alter the bias a fair bit if I'm running into traffic and then out of it again.
It definitely gives quite an advantage when battling on track if you can keep up with quickly altering the settings on the straights but its not hugely important if you've got a stable enough tune. Just sometimes you get into a rhythm and may feel you can drive a bit faster and twitchy, its nice to be able to change it on the fly and make use of it.

Back