does the clutch even work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RickyD
  • 8 comments
  • 1,030 views
Messages
20
Messages
Goldteeths
i want to buy the steering wheel and pedals but i want to know if the clutch even works
 
LoL, poor guy no one answered him.

Yes it does, and works brilliantly at that too.
 
i want to buy the steering wheel and pedals but i want to know if the clutch even works

For some cars, yes. You have to clutch in to change gears and if you did not execute that timely like a real car(releasing the clutch too soon before shifting which I screw up many times in the beginning) you will get kick into neutral gear and get the brrrrrrrrrr engine cry sound. I am using a G25.
 
how wow, thats pretty cool that u have to shift it perfectly...thanks
 
What isn't perfect is that you have to completely off-throttle as well which isn't 100% necessary in a real car (that isn't yours)
 
What isn't perfect is that you have to completely off-throttle as well which isn't 100% necessary in a real car (that isn't yours)

Lol, sometimes I'll shift from 3rd to 4th without clutching in my wrx, but I'd never shift without throttling off first. Used to do it in my friends 91 mustang gt though, that was fun. ;)
 
Just remember at the start of the race you have to press the triangle button as that is the toggle clutch on/off button. On a GT25/27 the triangle button is the upper most black button on the shifter piece.
 
Just remember at the start of the race you have to press the triangle button as that is the toggle clutch on/off button. On a GT25/27 the triangle button is the upper most black button on the shifter piece.

uhhh, no you don't...

the instant you stab the clutch it is activated, which is typically the first shift you make. don't touch the clutch = don't need to use it.
 
Wow, then I press the triangle button at the start of races for no reason. HAHA
That's how it was in Prologue, and I just thought that's how it would be again.

Thanks for pointing that out
 
Back