• Thread starter Racelow
  • 4 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racelow

(Banned)
Germany
Germany

In this project cars 2 video. The car did a heavy turn that resulted in a slight spin and at 7 min 8 sec the telemetry data showed the left tire with less weight, dramatic brake temp drop from 777f to 752f but having an increase in pressure from 2.38 bar to 2.39 bar. The right front tire with more weight did not have a pressure increase.
It would be nice if someone could post a short video showing if it does the same in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Here's an idea.

If you are going to post a video that someone else here created, with the sole intention of trying to gather some kind of evidence against it, then have the good grace to quote the person who's video you are using!

Now a couple of questions for you.

Why can't you do this? You did cite AC as a title that gets oversteer right in another thread, do you not own AC?

Why are you attempting to use another title as a benchmark? The only benchmark that should be used is reality, so why not go back to the other threads and supply the evidence to support you claim, as you have been repeatedly asked to do.

I will also do what you have attempted to stop me doing and provide the explanation that I have already given you:

The actual train of events is:

2:29.30 Front left brakes hit max temp of 908f, tyre pressure is 2.38 at this point
2:31.06 Front left brakes at 752f, tyre pressure is 2.39 at this point

At 2.29.30 that temp is still in the brakes, in the next circa 1.5 seconds that heat dissipates by around 150f. That heat has to go some place, much of it will go into the surrounding air, some of it goes into the tyre, which will be part of the increase in pressure.

It is unrealistic to expect the heat to dissipate from the drum and into the tyre instantly, yet that's what you new argument relies on.

Please don't let the Project Cars 2 tire load/temp confusion spill into our beloved AC subforum.
@Scaff has went into great detail explaining this so I don't see a need for a thread over here.

Here's an idea.

If you are going to post a video that someone else here created, with the sole intention of trying to gather some kind of evidence against it, then have the good grace to quote the person who's video you are using!

Now a couple of questions for you.

Why can't you do this? You did cite AC as a title that gets oversteer right in another thread, do you not own AC?

Why are you attempting to use another title as a benchmark? The only benchmark that should be used is reality, so why not go back to the other threads and supply the evidence to support you claim, as you have been repeatedly asked to do.

I will also do what you have attempted to stop me doing and provide the explanation that I have already given you:
You failed to support your claim at the other thread with demonstrable misleading information. This video of yours shows the physics data of the car behaving differently from reality. Let's see if the folks down here in Assetto Corsa experience this brake temperature phenomenom that causes tire pressure to rise when it shouldnt.

You failed to support your claim at the other thread with demonstrable misleading information. This video of yours shows the physics data of the car behaving differently from reality. Let's see if the folks down here in Assetto Corsa experience this brake temperature phenomenom that causes tire pressure to rise when it shouldnt.
Citation required, and you haven't answered the questions I asked either.

So lets get you back to the original thread to do so.

This one gets a lock (feel free to report me - five's not enough I'm sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back