Patch 2.0 oversteer bug still present! (?)

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 205 comments
You should put your keyboard away. I will come out and say this straight forward. I highly doubt you have driven a 60's muscle car. I own a 65 Impala. Its in my picture profile.I've owned it for 27 years. I have a 71 Chevelle that I've owned for 25 years. Having a car from that era that is pretty much stock, other than upgraded tires,headers and dual exhaust, I can tell you without a doubt, your dead wrong. I have driven a 65 Mustang, same damn car. I owned a 67. I've owned and driven more American Muscle cars than your age. I grew up on these cars. You have no clue what your talking about.

Boasting about about cars and posting pictures on cars is what anybody can do. That don't prove nothing for you to make a personal insult towards me. You should not be allowed to personally insult anyone in the first place. Who gave you that privilege. Nobody. You better stop personal attaching me right now. There is plenty I say about you right now. Call yourself a big name in the car industry but you sitting on a video game forum everyday. Don't start nothing personal it won't be nothing personal. Now, at the point he lost control of the car is were the problem is with the game it gets twitchy from low speeds and the car jump out. This is not how that Ford is supposed to behave. That is without any need of me telling you who I am and where I come from. If you say this mustang in project cars 2 drive exactly like the real car, put your signature on it.

Boasting about about cars and posting pictures on cars is what anybody can do.
I would suggest you check out his posting history before you dig a further hole for yourself.

That don't prove nothing for you to make a personal insult towards me. You should not be allowed to personally insult anyone in the first place. Who gave you that privilege. Nobody. You better stop personal attaching me right now.
If you think his post breaks the AUP then report it, what you don't do is attempt to tell members how they can post.

There is plenty I say about you right now. Call yourself a big name in the car industry but you sitting on a video game forum everyday.
He didn't.

Don't start nothing personal it won't be nothing personal.
Don't threaten other members.

Now, at the point he lost control of the car is were the problem is with the game it gets twitchy from low speeds and the car jump out. This is not how that Ford is supposed to behave.
That wasn't how the car behaved in the video either, but then we are still awaiting your video.

That is without any need of me telling you who I am and where I come from.
Please do.

If you say this mustang in project cars 2 drive exactly like the real car, put your signature on it.
That doesn't actually make sense?

Nothing at all strange about the oversteer at 2:25, you are aware that the rear will step out on a car regardless of the steering angle applied if the rear yaw angle exceeds the front yaw angle?

However I have now posted my video up, I await yours, as this is now the third car you have claimed is undrivable withouit provifindg a shread of evidence from yourself.

I do also notice that you seem to have replied in a different thread, which I can only think was to try and avoid feedback from a member who you know full well has a massive amount of experience opf how these cars should behave in reality. Now that clearly didn;t work, but if @killerjimbag says its wrong, then his word I will take as evidence.

Your playing on the PS4 I believe.

In which case you don't need to record, your PS4 is doing that for you all the time. Just get to the end of the race and hit the share button, then select capture video. Bingo, up to an hour of footage from the title you are in captured and read for editing or sharing.
Well Scaff, I've had enough of this person's utter nonsense. You cannot drive these cars like a 🤬 car from today. It doesn't work that way. You can turn right into a corner,if your going to fast with a car from that era, guess what. You are going straight. I don't care what steering inputs you use. It's not turning. Why do you think these cars were found in wrecking yards every weekend?
Tires were terrible,suspensions were terrible. Ford didn't build these for handling and braking. Shelby did,but thats a whole different can of worms.That's why I don't have 14 inch bias ply tires on steel rims on my Impala. Utter garbage and an accident waiting to happen.

Boasting about about cars and posting pictures on cars is what anybody can do. That don't prove nothing for you to make a personal insult towards me. You should not be allowed to personally insult anyone in the first place. Who gave you that privilege. Nobody. You better stop personal attaching me right now. There is plenty I say about you right now. Call yourself a big name in the car industry but you sitting on a video game forum everyday. Don't start nothing personal it won't be nothing personal. Now, at the point he lost control of the car is were the problem is with the game it gets twitchy from low speeds and the car jump out. This is not how that Ford is supposed to behave. That is without any need of me telling you who I am and where I come from. If you say this mustang in project cars 2 drive exactly like the real car, put your signature on it.
Speaking of posting stuff, would you like pictures of my Chevelle also? It's kind of in pieces,but I'll gladly post them too. I own a car from that era, what else don't you understand? I'm not insulting you,if your taking it that way, so be it. A big person in the car industry, yeah I work for a small company called Linimar, http://www.linamar.com/ . I know a little bit about today's technology and yesterday's, just a little bit. My wife knows more than me, I hate to admit it,she's really smart, don't tell her I said that. She's been an engineer at a little company called Toyota for 29 years.That is exactly how the Ford from 1965 handled. SIGNATURE ON IT ! As for who you are and where you're from. That doesn't really matter does it. If you would ever like to come to Canada, Guelph Ontario to be exact, we could hook up and have a few :cheers:. I could take you out in my car and scare the living 🤬 out of you. That will have to wait until the spring as my car is sleeping for the winter all nice and warm in storage. Now you have an awesome day:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I would suggest you check out his posting history before you dig a further hole for yourself.

If you think his post breaks the AUP then report it, what you don't do is attempt to tell members how they can post.

He didn't.

Don't threaten other members.

That wasn't how the car behaved in the video either, but then we are still awaiting your video.

Please do.

That doesn't actually make sense?

What is this now you going on about. You telling me that he can say he doubt I drove an older car when I told him I did. But I can't say similar back to him. I wish you could see for yourself what it look like you are doing. You take his claim over Ian bell? He the boss and didn't want his cars to drive like to hard to drive

Well Scaff, I've had enough of this person's utter nonsense. You cannot drive these cars like a 🤬 car from today. It doesn't work that way. You can turn right into a corner,if your going to fast with a car from that era, guess what. You are going straight. I don't care what steering inputs you use. It's not turning. Why do you think these cars were found in wrecking yards every weekend?
Tires were terrible,suspensions were terrible. Ford didn't build these for handling and braking. Shelby did,but thats a whole different can of worms.That's why I don't have 14 inch bias ply tires on steel rims on my Impala. Utter garbage and an accident waiting to happen.

Going much straighter is exactly what that car should have done at that point and he only turned the wheel an eighth of a turn but the game car started to spin out. I don't need to show a video he showed it. He showed everybody what I've been talking about the car twitches too much at slow speed even in the safest driving.

Last edited:
What is this now you going on about. You telling me that he can say he doubt I drove an older car when I told him I did. But I can't say similar back to him. I wish you could see for yourself what it look like you are doing.
@killerjimbag has a long history of posting about his cars and experience driving them, you do not.

Going much straighter is exactly what that car should have done at that point and he only turned the wheel an eighth of a turn but the game car started to spin out. I don't need to show a video he showed it. He showed everybody what I've been talking about the car twitches too much at slow speed even in the safest driving.
And had I not increased the throttle to push the rear end out that is exactly what would have happened.

This really is some quite basic aspects of vehicle dynamics.

Nothing twitchy about it at all.

Now, I don't know about that specific car ford car. I do know that they are twitchy as hell in real life, and I don't have to drive one to know that. American 60's car tech wasn't that advanced.

What I do know, is that when mattikake started posting all these things about bugs, I got a bit annoyed. And I did think, "jeeeeesus, this guy can't drive and is constantly complaining". That was until I've actually experienced part of the bugs. So, mattikake, sorry for thinking that. You've made a good service to the community with your videos and threads.

I can't exactly pinpoint what is the bug and when happens, but it does appear to be linked with the amount of cars on track (or at least the campaign mode).

I’m on a standard PS4 with 6 months. I've raced the Ginetta Cup and the Clio Cup. The Ginetta was a walk in the park. The Clio Cup was not. But the Clio was all my fault. I was driving the FWD car like I drive a RWD car (tons of trail braking) etc. Once I adjusted my driving, it all went well. Now I'm at Group A. For me, the M3 is simply undrivable in the campaign mode. I don’t know if it is due to all cars on track or whatever, I do know that I spin out in slow corners when I’m off throttle and off brakes. I spin when I’m off throttle and on brakes. I spin when I’m off brakes and on throttle. I had to tip toe the car around Catalunya.. I mean really tip toe... like taking the first corner at half race speed… BUT… when I go to private testing mode, the car is very drivable.

Now… I have an upcoming trackday at the Algarve Track in December. Since I never drove there, I thought I'd make an initial mental picture of the track, by running a couple of laps in PCars2. I picked the Group A E30 M3 in private testing, I ran 20 something laps onthe track with no issues whatsoever. So, there is some kind of bug.

Also: The other day I tried to join an online race in Algarve. It was night time and raining and about 5-6 cars on track. The game was unplayable. I had like 10-15 FPS, didn’t even complete one lap out of frustration.

@killerjimbag

And had I not increased the throttle to push the rear end out that is exactly what would have happened.

This really is some quite basic aspects of vehicle dynamics.

Nothing twitchy about it at all.

Slowed that car down perfectly without locking up the brakes. When you got about 45mph and only cut the wheel about an 1/8 turn the Ford started to go sideways. This is the the part that is not real. The little bit you turned the wheel you was supposed to get minor understeer the weight at the front AF that Ford should have pushed. Not huge oversteer like a elephant sitting in the trunk. You had to swing that wheel just about 360 degrees left and right to get it back. The car was coming down straight was not leaning and you did not over shoot the corner.

Now, I don't know about that specific car ford car. I do know that they are twitchy as hell in real life, and I don't have to drive one to know that. American 60's car tech wasn't that advanced.
Twitchy is not the word I would use to describe cars of this era at all.

Unresponsive, and slow to react would be the ones I would use. They are very soft of response due to the suspension and tyre sidewall flex.

What I do know, is that when mattikake started posting all these things about bugs, I got a bit annoyed. And I did think, "jeeeeesus, this guy can't drive and is constantly complaining". That was until I've actually experienced part of the bugs. So, mattikake, sorry for thinking that. You've made a good service to the community with your videos and threads.

I can't exactly pinpoint what is the bug and when happens, but it does appear to be linked with the amount of cars on track (or at least the campaign mode).

I’m on a standard PS4 with 6 months. I've raced the Ginetta Cup and the Clio Cup. The Ginetta was a walk in the park. The Clio Cup was not. But the Clio was all my fault. I was driving the FWD car like I drive a RWD car (tons of trail braking) etc. Once I adjusted my driving, it all went well. Now I'm at Group A. For me, the M3 is simply undrivable in the campaign mode. I don’t know if it is due to all cars on track or whatever, I do know that I spin out in slow corners when I’m off throttle and off brakes. I spin when I’m off throttle and on brakes. I spin when I’m off brakes and on throttle. I had to tip toe the car around Catalunya.. I mean really tip toe... like taking the first corner at half race speed… BUT… when I go to private testing mode, the car is very drivable.

Now… I have an upcoming trackday at the Algarve Track in December. Since I never drove there, I thought I may be an initial mental picture of the track, by running a couple of laps in PCars2. I picked the Group A E30 M3 in private testing, I ran 20 something laps to the track with no issues whatsoever. So, there is some kind of bug.

Also: The other day I tried to join an online race in Algarve. It was night time and raining and about 5-6 cars on track. The game was unplayable. I had like 10-15 FPS, didn’t even complete one lap out of frustration.

Oh I agree that bugs do most certainly exists, its just the 66 Mustang is not showing one of them.

Slowed that car down perfectly without locking up the brakes. When you got about 45mph and only cut the wheel about an 1/8 turn the Ford started to go sideways. This is the the part that is not real. The little bit you turned the wheel you was supposed to get minor understeer the weight at the front AF that Ford should have pushed. Not huge oversteer like a elephant sitting in the trunk. You had to swing that wheel just about 360 degrees left and right to get it back. The car was coming down straight was not leaning and you did not over shoot the corner.
Umm

2017-11-13_17-25-54.jpg

I did brake too late, as the above image quite clearly shows, which will put all the load to the front, unload the rear and get the back end coming around.

You are now at the point of making things up that can actually shown to be utterly untrue.

By the time the car was doing 45mph I can already started to unwind the steering lock to correct the understeer!

Unresponsive, and slow to react would be the ones I would use. They are very soft of response due to the suspension and tyre sidewall flex.

Sure sure. Language barrier. Unresponsive and slow to react would be accurate.

As regards the bugs, there are some that I can live with. But this one that i've experienced at Group A ... its just... frustrating. The AI is also very inconsistent. On the rain, with 110% AI, they simply can't drive. I lapped one car. On the dry, at Catalunya I had to turn the AI down to 70% due to always having to tip toe the first corner.

I don't know if the bug is car specific or if its really due to processing power... I don't have a lot of time to play the game, so when I experience the bugs I give it one/two tries and I go to AC or GTS.

Oh I agree that bugs do most certainly exists, its just the 66 Mustang is not showing one of them.

Umm

View attachment 689984

I did brake too late, as the above image quite clearly shows, which will put all the load to the front, unload the rear and get the back end coming around.

You are now at the point of making things up that can actually shown to be utterly untrue.

By the time the car was doing 45mph I can already started to unwind the steering lock to correct the understeer!
OK not at 45mph. But when you up at 70mph and turning like that little the car was supposed to understeer even more than what I said. And if I't did loose the back end as you say you think the tire temperature supposed to stay the same?! I just noticed the tire temps, This is way off this might not be power steering but something wrong with tires.

OK not at 45mph. But when you up at 70mph and turning like that little the car was supposed to understeer even more than what I said.

Not if you unloaded the rears and yanked the wheel like Scaff did. You do know he's a driving instructor with lots of experience in a wide range of cars, right? If he says the car is fine I'm going to take his word on it.

OK not at 45mph. But when you up at 70mph and turning like that little the car was supposed to understeer even more than what I said. And if I't did loose the back end as you say you think the tire temperature supposed to stay the same?! I just noticed the tire temps, This is way off this might not be power steering but something wrong with tires.
That's not how tyres work in reality, are you basing that on GTs magic jump in tyres from green to red when things like this happen?

I'm going to do a stage by stage slow motion breakdown of what's happening, as you are clearly missing some fundamentals of vehicle dynamics.

Oh and you seem to be very good at attempting to pick holes in other people experience, so how about you expand on your own.

Not related to the Ford, has anyone seen any conformation or hints that they are addressing the over-steer glitch /bug/issue in the next big patch?

Wa
That's not how tyres work in reality, are you basing that on GTs magic jump in tyres from green to red when things like this happen?

I'm going to do a stage by stage slow motion breakdown of what's happening, as you are clearly missing some fundamentals of vehicle dynamics.

Oh and you seem to be very good at attempting to pick holes in other people experience, so how about you expand on your own.
What are you talking about you bringing up this delusional claim of picking holes in experiences. I don't care about your experiences I never said nothing on your experiences or no one elses. You basing this whole project cars problem about self centered ego about you. You have never backed the idea that pcars2 simulation is exactly like the real car. You only say it's drivable. But I'm saying it is not simulating exactly like the real thing.

Quote me saying that, and quit the passive aggressive digs.
No you never did say it was an exact simulation. Thats what im saying. But wat I'm talking about is that if the game not be a exact simulator it should be easy to drive. Not be easy for some people but easy for most people to drive. Like what I told you Ian ball talked about. He's the creator of tha game he should know best. I'm on he's side with every thing he talked about in the video. But some of you people don't want it his way I think.

No you never did say it was an exact simulation. Thats what im saying. But wat I'm talking about is that if the game not be a exact simulator it should be easy to drive. Not be easy for some people but easy for most people to drive. Like what I told you Ian ball talked about. He's the creator of tha game he should know best. I'm on he's side with every thing he talked about in the video. But some of you people don't want it his way I think.

Ian Bell is a salesman, take what he says with a pinch of salt. ;)

Easy to drive is relative, a rather basic concept that you seem to not want to understand.

Easy to drive is relative, a rather basic concept that you seem to not want to understand.

You just told me to stop the personal digs then you dig into me with this. Not one pleasant way to reply to your comment is veiled insul you dont have no respect.You want to blame me a say I don't know basic easy driving but you don't want to admit these flaws showed in the game.

Last edited:
You just told me to stop the personal digs then you dig into me with this. Not one pleasant way to reply to your comment is veiled insul you dont have no respect.You want to blame me a say I don't know basic easy driving but you don't want to admit these flaws showed in the game.
Its not a personal dig, its a valid observation.

It is a rather basic concept that you do not seem to want to understand.

Its quite simple, you have offered no reference or details explication to support your claims, you have simply repeated that its wrong, as such you either are not able to explain why or you do not want to understand what has been explained. You have been asked repeatedly to explain you case in detail, you have ignored those requests, you have cast doubt about others personal experience (experience which is clearly supported by his posting history), yet failed to support claims you have made about your own.

I've also already acknowledged that flaws exist in the game, I did so only a few posts ago, as such attached such a claim to be is simply untrue. The point I made was that this example is not one of those, and yet more evidence of that is rendering as I type this.

When can we expect yours?

10 seconds of oversteer explained in detail.

Mild Language warning:

You said you lift on the gears to promote turning OK I get that.
Besides everything else We said let's look at this. Listen carefully. At 7 min 8 sec the Ford weight leaned on the right front tire with no pressure change. with less weight on the left front plus 1 bar pressure increase from 2.38 to 2.39. I'm been thinking this is backwards because more weight on the tire decreases air volume but should increase air pressure. This is looking like even more problems with the physics.

Hello everyone, I like the AUDI GT3 R8 LMS with the skin HOTWHEELS, the problem that the car, for me, has too much understeer, I'm using standard tuning. I wonder if it's normal and what I could do to make this car faster in the corners.

Besides everything else We said let's look at this. Listen carefully. At 7 min 8 sec the Ford weight leaned on the right front tire with no pressure change. with less weight on the left front plus 1 bar pressure increase from 2.38 to 2.39. I'm been thinking this is backwards because more weight on the tire decreases air volume but should increase air pressure. This is looking like even more problems with the physics.
Sooo the tire temp/ pressure should change by the second? I think you are reaching.

Tyre pressure is not directly proportional to load on a corner. Nor does tyre pressure 're-set' on a corner by corner basis, its going to be the result of cumulative effect of every part of the track driven so far, lateral forces, internal gas cycles, camber, the brake temperatures (and yes PC2 does model this), which in this case is a lap and a half! Nor is it as dynamically reactive as you are attempting to suggest.

Nor would that be a 1 bar increase, it's a 0.01 bar increase, 2.28 to 2.29 is a 0.01 increase.

Suspension deflection is an accurate indicator of load transfer, as it relates to the load placed on a corner (assuming no upward deflection from surface changes, such as curbs, rumble strips or expansion joints. None of which are present in this case). Its also directly dynamically reactive, its representing the forces on the car at this point in time.

This is not a problem with the physics or the tyre model in PC2, now while it's impossible to say these changes are a 100% match for a real world car in these circumstances, they are the right sequence, doing the right things at the right time.

Your perception is however quite cklearly driven by what appears to be a lack of understanding of vehicle dynamics (and as I say please refer to Milliken and Milliken, which will corroborate everything I have covered), and what is increasingly looking like a case of confirmation bias.

Now plenty of people have provided a great deal of evidence to support the case that this is not a bug (a standpoint that does not then indicate a claim that no bugs or issues exist) from first hand experience of those who have driven these cars (and we know from posting history have) to a blow by blow breakdown of the physics.

To date you have used clearly biased videos from others, hinted at your own experience but then complained when asked quite reasonably to support these claims, and miss-understood basic vehicle dynamic concepts.

As such I would expect you to start supporting the claims you are making, and with something that can actually then be independently verified. So a paper that shows for a tyre in motion that momentary vertical load has a greater affect on pressure in a suspended vehicle than the cumulative affect of cornering forces, temperature (which is in turn across three faces of the tyre and affected by camber), internal gas cycles, etc.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I like the AUDI GT3 R8 LMS with the skin HOTWHEELS, the problem that the car, for me, has too much understeer, I'm using standard tuning. I wonder if it's normal and what I could do to make this car faster in the corners.
Quite a few of the cars in this game are understeery out of the box. Probably to make them less crazy to drive for the masses. Try messing with the roll bars. Soften the front, stiffen the rear. Most cars have the bars round the other way in the stock setup and they can often be flipped round somewhat and still the car is driveable without the rear end spinning round on you. Should notice a difference immediately.

Tyre pressure is not directly proportional to load on a corner. Nor does tyre pressure 're-set' on a corner by corner basis, its going to be the result of cumulative effect of every part of the track driven so far, lateral forces, internal gas cycles, camber, the brake temperatures (and yes PC2 does model this), which in this case is a lap and a half! Nor is it as dynamically reactive as you are attempting to suggest.

Nor would that be a 1 bar increase, it's a 0.01 bar increase, 2.28 to 2.29 is a 0.01 increase.

Suspension deflection is an accurate indicator of load transfer, as it relates to the load placed on a corner (assuming no upward deflection from surface changes, such as curbs, rumble strips or expansion joints. None of which are present in this case). Its also directly dynamically reactive, its representing the forces on the car at this point in time.

This is not a problem with the physics or the tyre model in PC2, now while it's impossible to say these changes are a 100% match for a real world car in these circumstances, they are the right sequence, doing the right things at the right time.

Your perception is however quite cklearly driven by what appears to be a lack of understanding of vehicle dynamics (and as I say please refer to Milliken and Milliken, which will corroborate everything I have covered), and what is increasingly looking like a case of confirmation bias.

Now plenty of people have provided a great deal of evidence to support the case that this is not a bug (a standpoint that does not then indicate a claim that no bugs or issues exist) from first hand experience of those who have driven these cars (and we know from posting history have) to a blow by blow breakdown of the physics.

To date you have used clearly biased videos from others, hinted at your own experience but then complained when asked quite reasonably to support these claims, and miss-understood basic vehicle dynamic concepts.

As such I would expect you to start supporting the claims you are making, and with something that can actually then be independently verified. So a paper that shows for a tyre in motion that momentary vertical load has a greater affect on pressure in a suspended vehicle than the cumulative affect of cornering forces, temperature (which is in turn across three faces of the tyre and affected by camber), internal gas cycles, etc.
I'm calling foul on this. If I told you the sky is blue you try every thing to say it's not and try to force me to prove it. You know what. You can't reject this bug you showed with the physics. You leaned on the right front tire and the telemetry showed the physics was backwards. I guess that your excuse is that it not exactly like the real thing all the time, guess what, that's what I've been telling you all along it not perfectly real. Don't think me to go prove something to you when you already mistakenly proved it for me. Bloopers! Now that we now it's not perfectly real at simulating everything all the time and at anytime we can probably find something bugged about it. This destroys your claims about deluded fantasist yep that is what this is related to. You think deluded fantasist can't see nothing wrong with their favorite game when someone complains or pokes holes like you did with those gts guys. So just know that this pcars2 game is not immune from scrutiny. Because this game has long track history of unanswered bugs from physics ffb settings AI and glitches. Now for me. I say the game should be less oversteery around ever corner like Ian Bell say to fire the engineer if it does. That is how I would like it if the game physics is not quite right. People tickled with project cars one for year with physics not quite right but the deluded fantasist never seen the flaws in tires until pcars2 now here we go again with the deluded fantasizing glorifying pcars2 physics. Or do you expect me to still support this claim too. OK I will two words, Asseto corsa.

Last edited:
Back