Does your car have a name?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 45 comments
  • 1,786 views
So, when I talk to my car?

I think most people call their car a name when working on it. May it be a cussword or a girls name. I think thats common.
 
I think most people call their car a name when working on it. May it be a cussword or a girls name. I think thats common.
No, I mean that, for example, I get in and say, "Hey, Jack." When I have to avoid something or stop suddenly and the car handles brilliantly I pat the dash and say, "Great job, Jack." Or when I just go for a leisurely drive I say, "That was fun. Let's do it again sometime."

My wife just roll her eyes.

I have yet to work on my car as I am closing on 35,000 miles with nothing more than a faulty sensor. Unless you count hand washing it.
 
Angel (now deceased) was my first car, although I didn't name her. I suspect that was the doing of the uni student sisters who I bought her off. (I'm having a grammar off-day.) Even the registration plates had Angel on them.

Kate is my green Mini, from the first two characters of the reg plate: K8. She was unnamed when I bought her.

The Volvo is usually just referred to as the Ovlov or Lolvo.

I don't know many Mini owners who haven't named their Minis; if they don't have a name when they meet us, they certainly do when they leave :).
 
I have a few... usually "the Brick" or "Lego" due to the shape, on winter mornings "the Flying Snowball" as that's what it often is then, at times "the White Lightning" due to the colour, sometimes "the Spacecraft" because it's certainly a craft with a lot of space.

What is it? My '92 Volvo 240 estate. :D
 
The closest I got to a name for a car was, "The Red Sled", for a friend's red Mercedes CLK convertible. The ride is quite hairy in the winter...
 
My Integra's been dubbed Britney... because it's ugly, beat to hell and back, ridden hard, acts like a crack whore all the time, past its prime, and quite frankly, used to be way more beautiful 5 years ago than it is now.

I think it fits.

O.o

:lol:

+10 rep for dat one

the only names I hear around here are

you sonofaBLEEP
motherBLEEP
BLEEPBLEEP piece of JUNK (refering to ANY car you hate)
et cetera, et cetera.

as long as it isn't called "christine" i think we're safe (why is it this state has all the posessed cars on the east coast?)
 
I call my car 318i, referring to it as a name. I also refer to it as a "he."

I've also decided my bike is a "her," but I haven't figured out what name to give her yet. I'll have it figured out after I'm finished with my upcoming repainting project.
 
i call my car "The Warchief,' but stiggy calls it "Julio G the Mexican Hobo."
 
mines just a car. i hardly think of naming it.

but after a long long drive, when i get out and im thoroughly impressed, its usually addressed as the tank, or the panzer.

its a 1990 mercedes 300E
 
'87 corolla fx - Don't know why but we named it the gremlin.
'86 mr2 - I always called it the frog, it was green and gold, and with the lights popped up, it simply looked like a frog.
'91 celica - I've had this car for the past 5 years, since i was sixteen, she's my baby, i call her the "White Hippo". just look at the picture and i think you'll agree.

celica90.jpg


edit: that's not actually my car, just one similair.
 
The Integra is aptly dubbed 'Teg', but I had an elderly lady (friend of the family, old babysitter of mine) call it the Silver Bullet once. She said it was sharp. 👍 Everytime I have to give her a ride, she's always complimenting how nice it rides and how well I take care of it, etc. My mom calls it the Benz. :sly:
 
MY dads van that died(thankfully) was called Helgred.
my Talon is called Sam or Samatsu depending how I feel that day
And lets see, my mom calls her 02 buick PA Denzel
the 91 buick PA we have is called Big Red
My sister named all of her cars, but shes had a lot.
And the Buick Electra im getting from my grandpa is going to be called Ol'Whitey
 
Heathers 67 Mustang got into Popular Hot Rodding and it doesnt have a name.

Hey, which issue and page number? I've been getting it for the past 6-7 years or so.


As far as naming my car, I've never thought about it. I just call it what it is.
 
Polar Express.
 
Well only two of my Dad's cars we have named, only because we truly love/ed them.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Monty
Nissan Micra (K Reg) Snowbelle

We got rid of the Mondeo for certain reasons but I will never forget that car, it was truly a great car.
 
I find it odd that people name their cars. But have no problem with it. It's kind of amuzing see what they name them.
 
Back