Doesn't anyone just play anymore?

• Thread starter TonyLomas
  • 43 comments
Yeah for some time trails after I spent hours on Fishermans Ranch. No Thanks
Serious question:Why are you just grinding FR ? The other two rally events(Sardegna Windmills and Colorado) have the same high payout as FM an last only between 30 and 40 seconds longer(they take 3 Rounds, but the rounds are much shorter)...so you don't really have to waste all of your time at FM, there are other options...

Yeah for some time trails after I spent hours on Fishermans Ranch. No Thanks
Seriuos question: why do you just grind at FM ?

There are two other Rallies(Sardegna and Colorado) that take less than a minute longerthan FM and have the same pay out as FM...

Must not be a car enthusiast.
Oh yeah that must be the reason 😂

Seriuos question: why do you just grind at FM ?

There are two other Rallies(Sardegna and Colorado) that take less than a minute longerthan FM and have the same pay out as FM...
I don't want to grind at all, I want a progress through the game due to proper content to archieve these things.

I'm the kind of bloke that loves to do time attacks on various tracks with different cars. That will keep me occupied for months/years. No chance of getting bored here.

I havent played in 4 days now because I already got bored and being busy with elden ring. Sadly... Wish there was more content and I will not waste my time on grinding for money to get cars I can't use for anything anyways, since im no online racer.
There are two types of people that play GT.

God I wish they would fit a simple £ per mile reward system.
So that if you raced friends online for 30 mins or spent 30 mins doing a time trail setting up suspension tweets or made a 30 minute race in a mini or a lemans car it all paid you a good decent amount

Surely it doesn't mean raced all 424 cars across the 97 track layouts.
No, it doesn't, because even if they were all available, you can't afford them all without putting in hundreds and hundreds of hours of either grinding events you don't really want to do (Rally), or thousands of hours doing what you do want to do (Custom races, career races,online racing).

Lots of people do just want to enjoy driving and racing the cars. Unfortunately PD have made the process of owning all those cars to do just that restrictive in many ways, and very time consuming no matter what you do.

It's no surpise then that people will just go elsewhere, to other games, where developers respect their time and effort more.

I have to wonder why we haven't seen some of these cars yet, when PD adds some new menu books in the future, will these open up endurance races that use cars such as the Mazda 787B

I think they are holding back cars, until they add the future events.

Thanks for all the replies. 😀
I think it's the phrase 'grind' that grinds my gears. Pun intended.
I don't hear it called grind playing Fifa or fighting games. People just don't play the same two teams or two fighters over and over again. It would be boring. But with GT people mix the same car and race over and over again and seem surprised that it's boring!

And surely enough people here know that GT means starting with a small Japanese city car and working your way up to a legendary Le Man's car.

And in this edition, they've increased the focus on car collecting.

Just take your time and enjoy the ride! 😀

Nowadays people want it too easy, then when they get too easy, they complain it's dull (gt sport).
Lesson is: everyone will complain about everything in 2022, it's an awful space in time, not only on games but sports, life in general and especially the internet.. I agree the game is paying too little, it needs balance, but the hyperbole is so childish lmao, seems like reddit is leaking everywhere... the internet is a place for complainers only.

Keep hating I'll keep on playing, ohh and not paying nothing for mtx bs

I don't hear it called grind playing Fifa or fighting games. People just don't play the same two teams or two fighters over and over again. It would be boring. But with GT people mix the same car and race over and over again and seem surprised that it's boring!
Probably because you actually get the same, good reward for winning matches in FIFA, while all players and teams are unlocked from the start. And it also doesn't have a dinky little career mode that can be finished in under ten hours. And even FIFA's career mode is subpar.
And surely enough people here know that GT means starting with a small Japanese city car and working your way up to a legendary Le Man's car.
Why on Earth would anyone buy an LMP car in GT7? It would take 3 hours of grinding to afford the cheapest one and you can never use it in any career mode events.
And in this edition, they've increased the focus on car collecting.
And in this edition, they made car collecting impossible because of abysmal payouts.

Last edited:
But the problem is there is not enough events with decent payouts for it to not be a grind. I have been repeating the High Speed Ring Gr4 event to buy other cars, not really a problem because it is 6 minutes long for 100k CR (just under). Now they are halving that to push you towards buying credits - if the custom race set up paid out similar money to what these do then that would be great. But they don't and the promise of adding more events down the road is just annoying because I wasn't even trying to get to the end of the menu book and it just happened.

Wait a minute, I am taking my paper notebook and my pencil to see if I have done all circuit experience.... hmmm no some tracks are not done yet, and the ones done not golded, still some work to do apparently.

For the licenses, I am stuck on iA, I have to become better with RH in rally :D

As for the missions, I have work to do too, so nope, not finished yet.

And when I'll be done, I'll have Sport Mode to partake.
Yea, I wish the circuit experience was its category so you could see them all in a list of what's done and not.

Fair enough, maybe I'm just enjoying it more because I've not completed everything that's available yet. All the missions, licences and circuit experiences etc. I agree that GT4 had more offline content but there's lots of online options and the prospect of more updates to come.
I’m still slowly progressing my way through the game and was surprised to learn how many menu books there is. Especially considering how many people already finished it.

I think I’m at menu book 13.

Latest Posts

Back