Doesnt the car mini map look redundent

• Thread starter Octane015
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Doesnt the car mini map look redundent.

Wouldn't it be better to have car colour coding on the car track mini map.
That's how it is on most new racers right. If not on release date what about a future update.
I.e that's how it's done on F1 2021.

I don't see this as being too complicated as each car position can be Allocated a certain colour
regardless of car or car position. For example each car position will have the same car colour
In every race. This would also make identifying cars easier on the track mini map
When racing.

I think this would be a good idea to implement. May I ask what your thoughts are on
this.

I think your proposal would make the minimap needlessly complicated; I don’t need to know the colors of the cars around me, I just need to know that the cars exist.

Maybe color code the first three car positions
Yes I agree. Maybe even first four or five cars. Considering how often GT games are released this should be a priority In comparison to the most recently released driving car simulators today. Even if its just a future update so it can compete especially with F1 2021. This is a very basic issue that does not require a lot of programming and can just be allocated as a colour subject for each car position regardless of car property or make.

Personally, I think the most useful HUD feature would be the ability to customize what you see on the screen. The ability to remove certain info on the you don't want and perhaps move it around in different areas of the screen.

I like having the HUD on in GTS but I don't always want the track shown, the list of lap times, etc. Maybe an option to shorten info like the position data too.

Anyhow, sorry to get off topic but I already find the HUD looks cluttered as it is. Adding colors to the positions was never something I thought I would need. However, there is no reason that couldn't be an option that is part of an ability to customize the whole HUD.

I think your proposal would make the minimap needlessly complicated; I don’t need to know the colors of the cars around me, I just need to know that the cars exist.

Well that's what the current generation of race sims are doing, F12021, Acc, etc. This is a very exciting cosmetic feature. What if you wanted to know the exact position of the 2nd 3rd or etc, or a particular opponent at a glance, this would be very useful indeed.
If you have the option to turn this on or of could be more plausible.

Personally, I think the most useful HUD feature would be the ability to customize what you see on the screen. The ability to remove certain info on the you don't want and perhaps move it around in different areas of the screen.

I like having the HUD on in GTS but I don't always want the track shown, the list of lap times, etc. Maybe an option to shorten info like the position data too.

Anyhow, sorry to get off topic but I already find the HUD looks cluttered as it is. Adding colors to the positions was never something I thought I would need. However, there is no reason that couldn't be an option that is part of an ability to customize the whole HUD.
Yes I completely agree. Make it a player option during race setup on/of line.

Last edited:
Well that's what the current generation of race sims are doing, F12021, Acc, etc. This is a very exciting cosmetic feature. What if you wanted to know the exact position of the 2nd 3rd or etc, or a particular opponent at a glance, this would be very useful indeed.
If you have the option to turn this on or of could be more plausible.
More options are always a good thing IMO. .....and yeah, I would actually find it useful to at least see if the guy in front or behind me is is in the next position relative to my standing. .....or are they just lap traffic? As it is the only way I can tell most times is by looking at the times and judging if the car in front is that distance away.

I'm in. PC port of NFS Potsche Unleashed was amazing in that regard.

Last edited:
Well that's what the current generation of race sims are doing, F12021, Acc, etc. This is a very exciting cosmetic feature.
It makes sense that F1 is doing it because F1 is a team sport and the cars on track all have a known color scheme. Plus with the championship format, keeping track of team positions on track rather than simply opponent positions also enhances awareness.

But in GT it doesn't make any sense at all. I have no idea what colors of cars might be on track and I don't care. All I care about is whether or not somebody is behind me which the map accomplishes, and how far behind me they are which the timing splits accomplish. Anything more isn't "exciting", it's distracting.

More options are always good, provided they are options.
We are all different and probably would all prefer different HUD options. Maybe even different HUDs for different cars/events.
Maybe even release a HUD designer? so we can have the HUD we want....

Back