Dom's Viper ACR tune (NOT BASE)

• Thread starter Dom00000
  • 161 comments

Do you think this is bringing down the drag community?

• Yes.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • No.

Votes: 43 58.9%

• Total voters
United States
USA
Dom00000
So I decided to be nice and along with these times will come the tune :sly::drool:đź‘Ť
img02841v.jpg

Retro launch 8.980 1/4 mile
Timed launch 8.993 1/4 mile
Black screen launch 9.028 1/4 mile
These times are with the same tune as follows.
Aero: 40
Ballast: 0
LSD: Torque-60, Acceleration sensitivity-60, Braking-5

Suspension:
Ride height: -20Front +40 Rear
Spring rates: 18.0Front 7.5Rear
Dampers extension: 1Front 7Rear
Dampers compression: 1Front 8Rear
Anti-Roll bars: 1Front 1Rear
Camber: 5.0Front 0.0Rear
Toe: -1.00Front 0.80Rear

Transmission:
Flip the tranny to a high 183mph with 6th gear full right and final at 2.000. What I mean by "a high 183mph" is when you flip it at 183mph go to your 6th gear and move it 5 clicks to the left, at the 5th click it should change to 184mph.
Gears:
1st: Full left
2nd: Full left
6th: Full right
5th: Full right
3rd: 2.746 or 0.35 clicks to the left from the number in the box on the right.
4th: 2.311 or 0.081 clicks to the left from the number in the box on the right.
If your numbers dont match then that means you didnt flip it right but thats ok because the gears should look like this.
img02851.jpg

Now here is how to launch it. Ill start with the easiest, the black screen launch is simply holding the gas before the map loads so you will get consistent launches every time. A timed launch is when you smash the gas right before it says go and the point of this is to get your RPMs to a certain number at the moment of launch. Lastly and most difficult is the "Retro launch", it only works on mr,rr, and fr, drivetrains. Stretch your 1st gear all the way and if the car is powerfull enough stretch 2nd all the way too. But the points is to do a timed launch like stated earlier but this time in 1st gear and then quickly change to 2nd after launch. This is very difficult to do if you have never done it and it will take some time before you even know you did it correctly lol. The best way to know if you did it right is to do a timed launch and pass the 1 mile with a decent time, then race again but this time there will be a ghost of your previous run which you can use to help make minor adjustments and see if you launch better than your timed launch by using the retro launch.

I hope everyone that uses this can appreciate it and the work that went into it. I am going to put up more tunes for popular drag cars and let me remind you NOT BASE TUNES. Until next time enjoy guys and girls!
PS: Feel free to Private Message me if you have questions or if you want to give back to me ;)

Last edited:
Hey Dom, what is retro launch technique. I run the SSRX launch and run 8.992 and would like to lower it and run 9.024 black screen launch. So please help

this is how noobs come into my rooms and say... ohhohohoho i have one of the fastest acrs!!!!! and they are fast but they got tunes like this.

this is how noobs come into my rooms and say... ohhohohoho i have one of the fastest acrs!!!!! and they are fast but they got tunes like this.

Well, I didn't steal anyone's tune. I used a base tune for reference and heavily modified it and I got a bit of help from Karo the legend.

Actually my tune isn't probably like a lot of tunes on the ACR. My top speed is 190mph. I don't know why you guys are hating on me

Actually my tune isn't probably like a lot of tunes on the ACR. My top speed is 190mph. I don't know why you guys are hating on me

I've run 190, 185, 175, 170. All made 8 second 1/4 mile runs.

Just my 2 cents here but I don't like tunes like this on gtp.

We put time into our own tunes and when someone loses I here this a lot in rooms
"he probably got the tune off that gtp site"

^ how many people have heard that?

Giving tips and base tunes is cool but I hate hearing from randoms that I've cheaply copied a tune on a car I actually tuned.

Just my 2 cents here but I don't like tunes like this on gtp.

We put time into our own tunes and when someone loses I here this a lot in rooms
"he probably got the tune off that gtp site"

^ how many people have heard that?

Giving tips and base tunes is cool but I hate hearing from randoms that I've cheaply copied a tune on a car I actually tuned.

Yeah and it drives me nuts.

I've run 190, 185, 175, 170. All made 8 second 1/4 mile runs.

Well, I get what you say but I don't want people to hate on me. I just wanted to know what Retro's launch technique is because I really want to get my time lower than 8.992

That's why you're better off using the guides and tuning yourself, and most of us agree. I like posting base tunes and I commend people for getting them faster but there have been times I've been beaten by my own tune.

Slashfan
That's why you're better off using the guides and tuning yourself, and most of us agree. I like posting base tunes and I commend people for getting them faster but there have been times I've been beaten by my own tune.

yeah

With your base tunes?

Yeah I've used the guides and man I am way faster with them. They have taught a lot about cars and powerbands etc. Good job to the creators of those guides đź‘Ť

Id rather leave it up, I dont care if people take it and call there own and I dont care if I see randoms running acrs all day in the 8s. If I would have cared I wouldnt have posted this. Everyone is turning this into a mess and really all it is is a tune. Worry about yourselves and not about if people steal this. If I dont care you shouldnt either because everyone should have a fast acr by now.

I don't know, using other people's tunes for me makes me guilty of the past... Forgot that and moved on. But still, I'm gonna tune myself and compare it to this.

ACR is just like g's GTR, fast ones are a dime a dozen and I don't think most people care anymore.

I'm also sick of people using the term "gt planet tune" and being accused of using them, that's when I challenge them with cars that have no tunes posted for them anywhere online, when I beat them or at least I make it a close race they start to give a little respect....seems being a member here is seen as a negative thing on lobbies sometimes.

^^^I hear that a lot. People have made it sound like GTP is horrendous.

Erase this.. what a disgrace. Its fkn insulting.. you lost a lot of respect. Your one of the reasons why people are starting to quit this game. We didnt make these tunes and spend our time for no reason, we did it to be better than anyone else. You are killing the entire point of online drag racing.

PTK
Erase this.. what a disgrace. Its fkn insulting.. you lost a lot of respect. Your one of the reasons why people are starting to quit this game. We didnt make these tunes and spend our time for no reason, we did it to be better than anyone else. You are killing the entire point of online drag racing.

I see why Dom did this. It's just a game, if he wants to give out a tune, let him.

If a game overrules YOUR life, then I feel EXTREMELY sorry for you.

It's just a game. Not anything else important.

Who are you to tell him he lost a lot of respect? He would actually be GAINING respect for giving one of his tunes to the public.

If people boast about this tune and 🤬 then let them be. You've had your time, PTK.

PTK
i personally agree with ptk. it pisses me off to have spent days on a tune to get beat by a tune copied in 5 minutes. i tune like you... to be faster than the guy next to me.... sure its about having fun... but the thing is.... beating the guy next to you friend or foe is half the fun! knowing that you put more effort in learning and applying that knowladge to your car vs the guy next to you is half the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back