Done!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Francisco67
  • 32 comments
  • 2,518 views
Messages
84
Messages
GTP_Francisco67
I realized last night, after exhausting the miniscule amount of novelty in the "update," that I really don't enjoy Prologue anymore. I've raced the same handful of tracks too many times and it's become incredibly boring!

I've had a lot of great races with a lot of you, so thanks, and I hope to see you all again when PD puts out something new.
 
You're among the many GT fans that are on STRIKE.

Some people have "ON STRIKE - GT5P" in the comment section on the PSN ID's.
 
If it wasn't for using a voice server,I would be taking a break also.I use teamspeak all the time.:)
 
I agree with you and haven't played for quite a while, will do when things show a little more appeal to my already scarce time.
 
i do agree that it has gotten boring and i havnt played alot recently. only time i seem to play is when a big event that interests me seems to take place on the forum, such as the recent F1 at fuji event we had.
 
I realized last night, after exhausting the miniscule amount of novelty in the "update," that I really don't enjoy Prologue anymore. I've raced the same handful of tracks too many times and it's become incredibly boring!

I've had a lot of great races with a lot of you, so thanks, and I hope to see you all again when PD puts out something new.

Add to that the frustration of knowing we could at least have online events for all the tracks.:grumpy:
 
Yes i feel like that too - On Sunday I fired it up after FIFA09 and was bored withing 10 minutes and closed it down.

Want a new car to drive? Far Cry 2 is out now and I think that has mre vehicles thean GT:P LOL
 
I also agree. Thats why Ive bought an Xbox 360 and Forza 2. I know Forza 2 doesnt have the graphics of GT 5 Prologue but its something to play until the full GT5 is released in 10 years time.
 
As far as demos go it's lasted well for me. Bit pricey for something I would usually download for free and no where near as polished as most of those but thats PD for you. I mean who else would offer you youtube content at a price and make it sound like they were doing you a favour, rather than pissing about trying to skim more bucks off you instead of getting on with completing the full game?

Another couple of tracks or a quarter-way to decent online system might get me back interested for another couple of months but I think I'll be a much more occasional player from here on in - there's only so many times I can go round Suzuka and Fuji.

I remember when I first heard of GT1 it took the world by storm. To be perfectly honest I'm kinda hoping something else comes along, out of the blue, in the next couple of months and blows the GT series out of the water. Lets face it if you got the physics right and passable graphics you would have to be some kind of window licker to make a worse job of the rest.
 
Window Licker...:lol:
 
As far as demos go it's lasted well for me. Bit pricey for something I would usually download for free and no where near as polished as most of those but thats PD for you. I mean who else would offer you youtube content at a price and make it sound like they were doing you a favour, rather than pissing about trying to skim more bucks off you instead of getting on with completing the full game?

Another couple of tracks or a quarter-way to decent online system might get me back interested for another couple of months but I think I'll be a much more occasional player from here on in - there's only so many times I can go round Suzuka and Fuji.

I remember when I first heard of GT1 it took the world by storm. To be perfectly honest I'm kinda hoping something else comes along, out of the blue, in the next couple of months and blows the GT series out of the water. Lets face it if you got the physics right and passable graphics you would have to be some kind of window licker to make a worse job of the rest.

Wait for the backlash..... ;)

I personally couldn't agree more, I'm quite bored of the game now and I don't get the opportunity to play it as much as most. I can't see how PD are going to keep this alive for what will probably be another 2 years before GT5 is released. Please don't go quoting me how long it takes to model a car, how long it takes to write physics engines and AI, I'm not interested. All I 'selfishly' want is the game that I was promised quite some time ago, the sole reason why I decided to buy my PS3 in the first place. Pretty pretty please?
 
one new track would do tons. i'm bored as well, but i still play. generally, i'd rather play gt5p than any other game in my collection.
 
Lets face it if you got the physics right and passable graphics you would have to be some kind of window licker to make a worse job of the rest.

May I suggest LFS? The physics are right, and the graphics are passable.

Progress on that game is pretty slow aswell, but then, there's 3 developers, one of which mainly does the website. Oh, and they find time to release regular (ish) patches, post on the forums to let people know what's going on and what their plans are.

The forum for that game is considerably more active than GTPlanet too, which I've always found a bit odd...
 
one new track would do tons. i'm bored as well, but i still play. generally, i'd rather play gt5p than any other game in my collection.

One new track won't do the trick for everyone, unless it's either 🤬word used too often on GTP🤬 or 🤬word used too often on GTP🤬
 
GT4 anyone? Sure the physics might not be as accurate, and the graphics are obviously not going to be near as good as a PS3 game....but you get over 720 cars, the most tracks in any GT series, and the almighty Nurb. Sure there is no online, but since most people can't stand punters, then there's a problem solved for that, because there is no online.

I for one, don't have a lot of time to play GT5p, so every time I go back to it, it's still pretty fresh for me because I don't play it that regularly. Not because I don't want to, because I don't have time. And then if I do get bored, I might give GT4 a try again with the wheel since I played GT3 and GT4 without one.

Just a friendly suggestion :)
 
I still play GT4 quite a bit, mostly to thrash round the 'ring in a wide variety of cars. It also makes coming back to GT5P a joy since everything looks and feels better, even if it is stunted at the moment....

I had a 3 month break from GT5P and have recently returned for the Spec III update which, I have to say, I am enjoying immensely. Punting is becoming a style in itself in online races but easy enough to avoid if you keep your wits about you... I'm loving chucking it around Suzuka Ferrari Challenge in a detuned F430. Great fun.

Like Racing Freak said, get frutrated, take a break, play something else... then come back and behold the awesomeness that PD will unveil with the next update [/hopeful]
 
Last edited:
May I suggest LFS? The physics are right, and the graphics are passable.

Progress on that game is pretty slow aswell, but then, there's 3 developers, one of which mainly does the website. Oh, and they find time to release regular (ish) patches, post on the forums to let people know what's going on and what their plans are.

The forum for that game is considerably more active than GTPlanet too, which I've always found a bit odd...



The problem with suggesting PC Sims is they often need veritable supercomputers to run them with decent graphics & playability.
 
The problem with suggesting PC Sims is they often need veritable supercomputers to run them with decent graphics & playability.

That's the joy of LFS, it really doesn't need anything special. It's written in DirectX 8, to give you an idea...
 
My copy of GT4 got scratched a couple of years ago and won't play an more. Now that you mention it I'm sure I could get another copy dirt cheap. Not that I can remember (and I didn't have the wheel back then) but how much poorer are the physics in gt4? Can anyone explain what to expect. To be honest, the thought of whipping round Laguna Seca and Infineon in the proper GT40 is very appealing right now but not if it's going to feel the total suck compared to GT5P.
 
Its not as bad as you might think, to be honest. I've enjoyed playing it again, even in the face of GT5P's superior graphics and physics. It'll only cost you about a fiver now anyway... nowt to lose save the time it takes ;)
 
There's a specific teamspeak server that Kart Racer uses, which I believe is what Umbra was asking for.

I believe it's the one used by the crowd from the GT forum of the official US Playstation boards.
 
There's a specific teamspeak server that Kart Racer uses, which I believe is what Umbra was asking for.

Touché :)
 
Do what I do , pop in GT4 and go run "the ring".
 

It is run by the fans at the Playstation forum.Go there and enter the GT thread,it has it's own thread,just click on it and follow the steps. ( the mods have gave me permission to talk about this):)

OOOPS,tree'd by Vaxen
 
Last edited:
You're among the many GT fans that are on STRIKE.

Some people have "ON STRIKE - GT5P" in the comment section on the PSN ID's.

That's just sad to do that jeez
 
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue- TeamSpeak Server

I had encouraged you guys about this back in Feb, when we got it up and running.



We do have this here, but for some reason people find it more efficient to use the :15, 30, 45, 00 method, so it's hardly used. Besides, it's not really geared toward our needs with GT5P.

GTPlanet Voice Chat


Maniac Moose has indicated he's willing to host a Vent or a TS for the Planet. If anyone else would find it beneficial to have a communication system for the Planet, PM ManiacMoose
 
I just put Gt4 on . First time I've played it in years. I must admit, its pretty good. :)
 
Back