• 25 comments

Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
Donington Park would be a great addition to the GT series. I think it would be great to have both modern layouts:

230px-Donington_as_of_2010.svg.png

As well as the old layout from the 1930's:

220px-Donington_Park_1937.svg.png

Jerome

Love this track ! My favorite on the BTCC calender.

Edit: Good to see this in the top 10 :)

Last edited:
IF Polyphony included some racing cars from the 1930's, they could also choose to render the Donington 1930's layout and (perhaps even) Brooklands. Now that combination of cars/tracks would really be something special.

Donington would suit gran turismo down to the ground, I was surprised to see brands chosen before it to be honest. It's the one track I'd vote for over any other. Technical, fast, plenty of overtaking opportunities and multiple layouts..... Perfect

Been to watch many track days here, not far from me as I live in Leicester, best day was the Aston Martin owners club event, I have been around part of the track as a passenger in an Ariel Atom and god damn that was fast, the take off is shattering :)

Donington would suit gran turismo down to the ground, I was surprised to see brands chosen before it to be honest. It's the one track I'd vote for over any other. Technical, fast, plenty of overtaking opportunities and multiple layouts..... Perfect

The only thing against it maybe, is it's already been featured in a lot of Racing games. PD may want to have other GT circuits, or lesser known but still great tracks.

Isn't this track sponsored by "Simple Sausages"? Because i think i saw this track on Top Gear when they were trying some Track-Day Cars. (Caterham R500 used by James, a Morgan that i forgot the name used by Richard and the KTM X-Box used by Jeremy.)
Oh, and this episode teached me what the double pushrod suspension fo the KTM X-Bow does: They're good. Very good because they do good stuff.

Not the best video (not a particularly fast lap on a greasy circuit) but heres one from a track day I did a couple of years ago to give an idea of perspective onboard for the GP layout

Great driving, I'm very jealous!

Jerome

Fell in love with this track in GRID, and that was back in 2007.

Donnington would be a cool edition, especially with variable weather and would have some relevance to the Ayrton Senna tribute as his 1st lap in the 1983 European GP is highly regarded as one of the best 1st laps by an F1 driver

Donnington would be a cool edition, especially with variable weather and would have some relevance to the Ayrton Senna tribute as his 1st lap in the 1983 European GP is highly regarded as one of the best 1st laps by an F1 driver
Donington was 1993. Funnily enough Senna himself didn't think much of that race as the McLaren MP4/8 had traction control and all the other various electronics. He preferred his first win at the very wet 1985 Portuguese GP in a Lotus 97T where he had to rely on his right foot.

Great driving, I'm very jealous!

Jerome

Only just saw this... thanks!

It was my first time there and that was about as dry as the circuit got (was November so to be expected). If I don't go back to the Nurburgring this summer I will definitely do Donington again.

Back