Don't mess with Bob!

MustangManiac

TeamJaguarUSA
Premium
United States
Chicago
mustang622006
I almost messed up at a 3 lap event at De La Sarthe, leaving bob at his "own pace" as he worked his way through traffic for the first lap. After finally dispatching a pair of GT cars that were side by side he entered lap two in P4, 14 seconds back where I upped the pace to push. He ran down the merc at the kink in the Mulsanne where he aggressively held his line, pushing the merc hard inside.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

At the start of lap 3 he caught and passed the Jag for P2 down the front stretch, now back 5 seconds.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg

And now the real race began, bob uses the draft to catch and pass the beemer for the lead just before the last chicane (pass #1)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg

The beemer retakes the lead in the draft approaching the kink (pass #2).
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg

Bob cuts it hard right at the kink for pass #3.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4.jpg

Now the game ai gets aggressive and almost turns bob before Indianapolis. He backs off as bob swerves to regain control.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5.jpg

Between Indy and the Porsche curves the beemer come roaring back (pass #4).
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6.jpg

Bob tucks in close, real close, running through the Porsche curves.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_7.jpg

In an act of desperation, bob swings outside and cuts sharp across the nose of the beemer entering Ford Chicanes (pass #5).
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_8.jpg

And holds on to the checkers!
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_9.jpg

I don't know why so many people are saying that the new b-spec is slow and boring, that hasn't been my experience at all. Between the extra holiday challenge races, the recent 24m of Daytona and the new bob, one thing seems clear to me...PD can actually program some good ai when they put their minds to it. Now, if we could just race against these guys throughout the career mode I would be a happy camper 👍

Not sure there was a need to make 2 threads for this stuff. :/

Two different cars, two different races, two different threads...made sense to me. Is this against some kind of rule I am unaware of or something?

Two different cars, two different races, two different threads...made sense to me. Is this against some kind of rule I am unaware of or something?

Since both concerns b-spec there shouldn't be a problem gathering it all in one thread. If everyone made a new thread each time they took pictures of a different car on a different track the forum would be an incomprehensible mess.

Since both concerns b-spec there shouldn't be a problem gathering it all in one thread. If everyone made a new thread each time they took pictures of a different car on a different track the forum would be an incomprehensible mess.

Going by that logic, up until now there should have been only two threads in the entire forum, one for a-spec and one for photo mode and now a third for b-spec. That sounds like an incomprehensible mess to me!

Going by that logic, up until now there should have been only two threads in the entire forum, one for a-spec and one for photo mode and now a third for b-spec. That sounds like an incomprehensible mess to me!

No... Listen, what I'm trying to get across is that you made two threads based around the same theme - b-spec/Bob with just slightly different content.

Back