Dont PM people during a B-Spec Endurance...

• Thread starter RMT.
  • 21 comments
I tried to delete someone off my friends list when Bob was 20 laps away from finishing Grand Valley Speedway in an X1.
That screen remained but you could see through it and Bob was still racing.
I had to restart.
I now just put myself as Not Available and ignore any messages.

My PS3 froze the other day before I could even select a user... The only other freeze I've had was in a heated online race in GT5:P this time last year.

Something tells me this isn't really related to GT5.

My PS3 froze the other day before I could even select a user... The only other freeze I've had was in a heated online race in GT5:P this time last year.

Something tells me this isn't really related to GT5.

I have only frozen three times. All three were during XMB use, specifically PM's. This one happened to be 2 hours into an Endurance which brought me here to vent as well as give a word of caution. Just sayin...

Famous last words...lol. I would have written the same thing an hour ago. Be careful.

:lol: I knew I jinxed myself as soon as I hit Submit Reply. Just to be safe I'm gonna go offline when I do endurance races.

I have only frozen three times. All three were during XMB use, specifically PM's. This one happened to be 2 hours into an Endurance which brought me here to vent as well as give a word of caution. Just sayin...

Absolutely, fair enough. But you know how easy it is to stir up hysteria in these parts... :odd: :)

I tried to delete someone off my friends list when Bob was 20 laps away from finishing Grand Valley Speedway in an X1.
That screen remained but you could see through it and Bob was still racing.
I had to restart.
I now just put myself as Not Available and ignore any messages.

Yeah, same here, my PS3 froze when I tried this aswell...

Don't have problems sending messages though, it's slower than normal, but still works.

My PS seems to disconnect during enduros. I noticed it when we had the updates because I could finish the enduro and then have to quit/restart to get the update.

So when you check your PM's it probably tries to reconnect to the server. Which in turn causes the problem.

Good advice, but Knowing whether or not someone is in an endurance race Isn't possible. All you can do is avoid responding.

mine had frozen, i gave it maybe 5 mins on the frozen xmb screen and everything went back to normal (no more freezing). dont panic and reset your ps3, just give it some time.

Can't you just stay offline during the enduro ? Makes it easier no and beter safe then sorry ?

that's what I do 👍

before I had trouble with my PS3 freezing during long races while connected to the net :grumpy:

Did you have a personal bgm list on? that used to make my game freeze all the time, turned it off and its fine now

Back