Doom (NSFW, Mature Content)

• Thread starter Kent
  • 84 comments
Any good?

Hell yes.

Even their solgan fits : "Fight like Hell". After certain arenas where you barely made it, it just feels so rewarding

Been playing the campain on hard for around 4 hours and it's really good, if you like oldschool. No cover, no ironnsights, no reload, lots of strafing.

It's so fast paced, it' jkgnjkrehgkrnhelg.. . .missing words...

MP can't say as I activated through Vpn, and it's still like 3 hours from unlock here...

But the SP is really good.

No bugs, no crashes, steady high frame rate...

My old man is buying on PS4 so I'll get to have a looksee and a little playtime. Looks great so far. The original Doom was a house favourite.

Happy Friday the 13th guys and gals. Just received my collectors edition. Totally gutted though because between doing a late shift at work today and travelling to my dads for my week off after work on Saturday, I won't get to play this for a week! If only the old man had an up to date PC. Still, it makes for gorgeous pictures like this...

Doom.jpg

This game is definitely true to its heritage. Having a lot of fun with this. Not very far just yet, only have a few weapons yet. You guys find any easter egg(s)?

I'm looking forward to getting Doom! With assignments and exams coming, Forza 6 Apex and Dark Souls 3 still not being finished, I'll be holding off for a while.

Caught some gameplay on a few streams, though. Really liking what I saw, some proper old school shooter - quite unlike the CoD or Battlefield stuff. Yummy.

Reviewer say the AI is dissapointing.... I don't know how they would rate Doom's original AI. I love the fact you knew every enemy placement in the game and make the perfect run through every level.

At the moment I don't have the money, but as soon as I do, I'll buy this game!

IDKFA/IDDQD!!

This game is definitely true to its heritage. Having a lot of fun with this. Not very far just yet, only have a few weapons yet. You guys find any easter egg(s)?

apart from the obvious Doom References, I found a dead guy wearing the skyrim helmet :D

Is anyone successfully recording? Nvidia Shadowplay doesn't work (due to OpenGL), I now used OBS but frame rate is limited to 30fps as over it starts to stutter...

Reviewer say the AI is dissapointing.... I don't know how they would rate Doom's original AI. I love the fact you knew every enemy placement in the game and make the perfect run through every level.

At the moment I don't have the money, but as soon as I do, I'll buy this game!

IDKFA/IDDQD!!

On the AI. I play on hard, and while it is still not the über-challenge, it still can get pretty messy with the enemies... developers say that the unlocked difficulty settings will be the real deal...
But it's DooM, enemies should be cannon fodder, if you play it right

I caved in... Got the game at 40% off. Was a limited offer, so I kinda had to get it :D

Reviewer say the AI is dissapointing....
Dunno, but smart enemies don't seem to be what Doom ought to be about. But... It's not exactly the kind of game that fits today's zeitgeist regarding first person shooters - and that's why I like it :D

Some nice finds 👍

And damn son, this game runs well! Didn't install Nvidia's game ready driver and was still getting well over 100fps. For a newly released AAA game that looks this good, that's quite remarkable.

Did you guys find any of the original Doom's levels yet? Haven't found those yet.

I just bought the game yesterday as a gift for my dad's 50th birthday, since he had the original free-distribution floppy disk Doom in 1991ish. He was so stoked to play it, and we did a little of the intro today on his profile.

I've gotten a lot further, and I have to admit that it's a huge contrast to modern FPSes. I love it.

Did you guys find any of the original Doom's levels yet? Haven't found those yet.
Only one. Well, found the second, too, I believe, but not the lever to actually access it. Haven't played the classic levels yet, though.

Guys, can I get some downvotes going for IGN's review?

We finally get a polished shooter with a single player campaign that does away with the all the "Press E to pay respects" crap, that does deliver some good, old fashioned fun and IGN slams it by giving it a considerably lower score than the annual CoD rehash? Because one out of two multiplayer modes wasn't to their liking?

I normally don't care about stuff like that, but this time, it's rubbing me the wrong way. :ouch:

Guys, can I get some downvotes going for IGN's review?

We finally get a polished shooter with a single player campaign that does away with the all the "Press E to pay respects" crap, that does deliver some good, old fashioned fun and IGN slams it by giving it a considerably lower score than the annual CoD rehash? Because one out of two multiplayer modes wasn't to their liking?

I normally don't care about stuff like that, but this time, it's rubbing me the wrong way. :ouch:

Who gives a 🤬 about IGN? They're bribed by everyone anyways.

On another note: Holy crap, this campaign is long and BRUTAL. And I'm on Normal difficulty.

What the hell is that? Makes me want to puke lol.

I know. It's like the Aliens playing GT or Pcars. They seem to just fly through games without a hint of Human.

Maybe I'm just too old, while I think that it's fantastic someone can play the game like that and it's entertaining to watch, I also felt queezy. :)

Been watching some of those speedrunners on Twitch these last few days and the stuff they can do on a game like Doom is really something.

Also, the Doom soundtrack has become part of my gym playlist.

Some of that stuff really does get me pumped :lol: Rip & Tear has to be one of the best songs to work out to, ever.

Just stumbled across what you could call a "lore recap" for Doom:

NxLN7Am.jpg

It's both accurate and hilarious.
I think the actual in-game implication is the Doom Marine is millenia old and the Doom games are all different chapters of his continuous fight with Hell.

I think the actual in-game implication is the Doom Marine is millenia old and the Doom games are all different chapters of his continuous fight with Hell.
That's how I'm understanding it as well. Doom 1, 2, 64 and 2016 are all the same guy. Doom 3 obviously wasn't the OG Doomguy, but from what I can tell, that's basically the only one where that's the case.

So I finally got to install the game and play it after being away from my computer for a week, and my god is it beautiful. Granted I am having kittens everytime a damn spawn of hell arrives, but it's good fun so far.

Back