Down and Dirty RallyCross League - Clean Racing, Dirty Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter saxplayer1998
  • 31 comments
  • 2,895 views
Messages
1,302
United States
Baltimore, MD
Messages
tnogumbo
I was going through here and was startled at the lack of proper rally leagues. Everyone is welcome and I am working with a friend : thisguy2854 to set up the specifics.
The Format: We are thinking every Friday night at 7 PM EST (GMT -5). We are looking 3 sets of 3 races, each race 5 laps long, with two qualifying laps for each set. The grid order will be set in the following order:
  • Race I: Reverse Order
  • Race II: Previous Race Results
  • Race III: Fastest First
We are looking at divisions based on performance, starting at one division and ending the div. limit when we feel like it. :sly:
This will be used for all three sets of races.
The Cars: To keep everything fair, we will run different types of cars for each set. On WRC Sets, we will allow only the premium WRC cars. These include the:
  • Citroën C4 WRC '08
  • Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
  • Subaru IMPREZA WRC 2008
  • Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
Other sets can be separated by one of two options
  • Option 1: Manufacturer and Performance Points
    Car Breakdown:
    Manufacturer and Performance Points:
      • Subaru:
    • Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '03
    • Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car Prototype '01 | 4WD | Japan
    • Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '01
    • Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '99
      • Mitsubishi:
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03
    • Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car
    • Mitsubishi STARION 4WD Rally Car '84
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97
  • Option 2: Performance Points
    Performance points range will be within 20 points of each other (subject to change upon further testing). Early in the week, a PP range (typically with a 10-20 range) will be posted. The car must be within that range. Please refer to the "Car Modification" section for more details.
On raid sets, you will be allowed to use the
  • Mitsubishi PAJERO Rally Raid Car '85
  • Mitsubishi PAJERO Evolution Rally Raid Car '03
Car Modification: All cars must be genuine rally car. All car's title must have "Rally Car" or "Rally Raid Car" in the title. Some ranges will only have one or two possible cars, only those cars are to be used.
All cars must be bone stock and and broken in with one optional modification. That one modification would be the "torque sensing center differential", it has no effect of PP, and will allow the driver to mold to his or her strengths.
Breaking in a Car:
From new (OCD included):
  1. Buy car from NCD
  2. Change Oil (at 0 miles)
  3. Use Bob and do a Indy 500 or Laguna Seca 200 Race
  4. Change Oil again
  5. You now have a broken in car
From UCD:
Follow the "New Car" instructions with the addition of a "Engine Overhaul"
You can use a "Car Restoration Ticket" and follow "New Car Instructions"
Race Rules: We will be following the Good Racecraft Guide and the GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines. This is to be read and understood by all participants before competition. Of course this is rally, we will be using gravel and snow. Even then it will be slippery and ALL contact can never be avoided. Racers will be expected to act to the best of their ability to eliminate as much unnecessary as possible. If you do go off, you are expected to wait until a adequate clearing to re-enter the race, even if this means the entire pack passes you. If you take another person out, you will be told to pull to the side and wait for the car forced off to pass. Again, even if this means the entire pack passes. There is a reason we have multiple races.
Complaints: We will be actively watching every race, but even then, all accidents cannot be seen. If there is a suspected case of bad racecraft, please PM the steward of the race and we will look into it. All races will be saved. You must note the set (1, 2, or 3), the race (1, 2, or 3), the lap number and the participant(s) involved. We save all replays.
How to Join: For these early stages, we recommend you PM saxplayer1998 or thisguy2854 (we recommend saxplayer1998 more, he's online much more). We can direct you from there.

We will be looking for additional race directors and stewards.
 
Last edited:
[QUOTE="
How to Join: For these early stages, we recommend you PM saxplayer1998 or thisguy2854 (we recommend saxplayer1998 more, he's online much more). We can direct you from there.

[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that I'm online a lot less.
 
Our OP is almost finished and we are ready to start accepting participants.
 
What to have here is rallycross, rally never has packs of drivers racing all against each other at the same time only rallycross does.
 
saxplayer1998
Our OP is almost finished and we are ready to start accepting participants.

I am acutely aware of that fact. I might change it if I cannot work out a system, I do have some thing in the back of my head.
 
I am interested in this, but I'm aware that sometimes on Friday evenings I may be wrestling for TV time from the wife. When I can, I'd like to run it if I can.

Question - if you allow someone to change the torque sensing differential, will you still be running on 'tuning prohibited' limit on the lobby or not? If tuning is not prohibited by rule, only by honor, what's the plan if someone may be running a bit 'hot' as it were?
 
I am interested in this, but I'm aware that sometimes on Friday evenings I may be wrestling for TV time from the wife. When I can, I'd like to run it if I can.

Question - if you allow someone to change the torque sensing differential, will you still be running on 'tuning prohibited' limit on the lobby or not? If tuning is not prohibited by rule, only by honor, what's the plan if someone may be running a bit 'hot' as it were?
I am still working this out I am not 100% familiar with all online race event setting specifics. I will look into solving the problem. I think I want to use the torque sensing center diff because some rally drivers prefer to drift more through the corners and some don't. I will see later on, if too many people are drifting through the corners and taking people out, I will move to more FF, FR, and RR rally cars and disallow the diff. For the performance, I still really need to look into it. I'm glad you're interested and you can FR tnogumbo on PSN, I will be an "in-house" steward for the first few races to make sure all my configurations are up to par. I will be using a mic as well. I'll probably be on with my friend for tomorrow to check some configurations including the variable PP. If you want to stop in, be my guest.
 
Today, we will be doing some test runs on tnogumbo's lounge. If you would like to join, please FR tnogumbo and just show up and have fun tonight.
Times being 2:30-5:00ish GMT -5 (EST)
 
saxplayer1998
Today, we will be doing some test runs on tnogumbo's lounge. If you would like to join, please FR tnogumbo and just show up and have fun tonight.
Times being 2:30-5:00ish GMT -5 (EST)

If only you could follow through
 
thisguy2854
If only you could follow through

So every one fr milkshake2854 and hopefully we can get this thing started
 
We will start some test runs on tnogumbo's lounge at 7 PM EST (GMT -5) for anyone interested. I cannot be there until 7:30 so thisguy2854 will be there. You should send FR's to both of us and mention rally league to we know to accept. We will be in tnogumbo's lounge.
 
This might sound like a dumb question but what makes this rallycross?
 
the2armedmen
This might sound like a dumb question but what makes this rallycross?

The fact that there will be multiple cars on the track and slight hitting
 
As an academic question, what is slight vs just-slight-'Nuff-to-help-me-sorry-Mate?
 
Ah, so... Rules = optional?

If that is what you mean, 2arm?... and that would be sad, we both know, what is your constructive suggestion to the query?

I eagerly await your thoughtful, considered response.
 
Ah, so... Rules = optional?

If that is what you mean, 2arm?... and that would be sad, we both know, what is your constructive suggestion to the query?

I eagerly await your thoughtful, considered response.

No, I heard a guy say that in an open lobby one time when someone said sorry and I thought it was hilarious. Although I have watched rallycross and I was just thinking to myself "are there no rules in this?". At the start of the races I saw everyone was trading paint in the first corner
 
We have done some testing and have realized that penalties don't work on Toscana, so stewards will enforce good racecraft. We also expect contact, a lot of sliding cars very close to one another. The only real issue is when a car takes out another and we need them to hang back and wait for the car they took out to pass. We really are still in the testing phase. I don't think cutting corners would be much of problem either, it doesn't yield penalty and there are so many cars in such a thin track someone will be pushed there.
 
Last edited:
When do we expect to be able to open? This is actually a very great find for me, and there is a startling lack of Rally Racing leagues on GTP, so being that RallyCross is my favorite discipline of racing, I really want to be able to join if I can :)
 
When do we expect to be able to open? This is actually a very great find for me, and there is a startling lack of Rally Racing leagues on GTP, so being that RallyCross is my favorite discipline of racing, I really want to be able to join if I can :)

I lost my GT5 saves, both are dead. My good friend will take control of the events. I can steward but nothing more. But we cannot start until enough people sing up are shoe interest. You make #3.
 
I lost my GT5 saves, both are dead. My good friend will take control of the events. I can steward but nothing more. But we cannot start until enough people sing up are shoe interest. You make #3.

Sent my FR to tnogumbo for this (HandlebarMustash)
 
I will accept, I'd also like it if you'd FR milkshake2854 (PSN), he will really take the helm from here.
 
Okay then, I'll send a FR when I get home from school today :-)
 
Okay then, I'll send a FR when I get home from school today :-)

Ha! You have school...Winter Storm Saturn all the way.
 
Ha! You have school...Winter Storm Saturn all the way.

Hey! It's not my fault! If I could not have school, I'd be all over it xD
 
saxplayer1998
I lost my GT5 saves, both are dead. My good friend will take control of the events. I can steward but nothing more. But we cannot start until enough people sing up are shoe interest. You make #3.

Well the problem is I came make it anymore for a while so ...
 
OK, then in that case, we will put all of you on an extended hiatus.
 
FR Sent to milkshake2854, now awaiting confirmation :)
 
I'm sorry, we are both pulling the plug on the operation, I now have baseball practice and cannot be on at all, even though I found a save and thisguy lost his PS3 due to bad grades. It really isn't a pretty scenario, but one that must happen.
 
Back