downforce

• Thread starter Sjorge
  • 3 comments
Belgium
Leuven
Rick_Vleugels
I know adding a wing gives rear downforce, but are there upgrades which give front downforce?
Because race cars have also front downforce, but I can't find an option to introduce it with normal cars.

I know adding a wing gives rear downforce, but are there upgrades which give front downforce?
Because race cars have also front downforce, but I can't find an option to introduce it with normal cars.

Not in the same way as the rear spoilers - but, adding the flat floor can, with some cars, have a similiar affect (of more grip).

One of my friends was struggling with my Maserati setup, he couldn't go flat through the 2 long corners at Suzuka (left hand after S's and right hand bend after hairpin). By adding the flat floor this gave him the ability to easily go flat out through these.

How affective the flat floor will be is determined by the car, PP, track, setup etc - it'll work well in some situations, but not all as it can seriously decrease a car's power to PP ratio..

There are a few cars that have nominal, non-adjustable front downforce values...or they did in GT5. Off the top of my head I can recall the California, Enzo and Nardo. I think the ZZ-II also has some. But as said, no you really can't add it.

Back