Downgrading to v1.0...

• Thread starter ghsnu
  • 14 comments
United States
Tucson, AZ
spedy7
Err...I'd like to downgrade to 1.0 just get a laugh at how much GT5's changed before the patch at launch.

Will it cause me to lose my DLC? If so, is it possible to redownload it? (I've heard it's a "service" and isn't in your download list)

I already know I would have to redownload everything and a save backup is a must. I just don't want to massively screw it up or lose my DLC.

As far as I'm aware, you will not lose your DLC.

Ah, thanks! :)

Edit: Upon further inspection, the second and third car pack and the SSR X pack are saved to the game data and are also available to be redownloaded normally. As for the first one, gear, and track pack - does anyone know if that is saved to your save file?

Last edited:
Sounds like a very interesting idea, please post some results :dopey:. Perhaps some photos of standard cars then and now, and some comments on the physics changes.

Sounds like a very interesting idea, please post some results :dopey:. Perhaps some photos of standard cars then and now, and some comments on the physics changes.

Wasn't my intention of doing so, but now that you mentioned it, may as well write up a post later :sly:.

The first car pack, track pack, paint pack(s) and suits and helmets are all ready to install after upgrading again. You only need to activate the newer stuff.
Beware however that i have not been able to use current game saves with 1.01.
The game freezes on load up. (Black screen.)

If you're worried at all you can backup your current hard drive to an external and restore it at a later date assuming you have one. It's probably quicker to restore a backup than download all the patches again, assuming you don't have masses of other GB content on the PS3.

Beware however that i have not been able to use current game saves with 1.01.
The game freezes on load up. (Black screen.)

Works fine with 1.05 though...

Err...I'd like to downgrade to 1.0 just get a laugh at how much GT5's changed before the patch at launch.

Will it cause me to lose my DLC? If so, is it possible to redownload it? (I've heard it's a "service" and isn't in your download list)

I already know I would have to redownload everything and a save backup is a must. I just don't want to massively screw it up or lose my DLC.
What was it like before the first update? Was it bad or good?

If you want to go through all the patches again, then it is do-able. I did it a few months ago to play around with some cars at the 2.0 patch.

I saved my GT5 game save to a flashdrive at the then current updated patch first.

I then deleted the GT5 game data and started up GT5. I used my back-up game save data, but some of the cars were blank. These were the cars that did not exist at the time such as DLC cars. I then installed all the updates up to 2.0. I simply canceled after the 2.0 was installed. I did this because there were a few cars that you could paint the stock wheels on after the 2.0 patch. I played around with several of these cars, painting the stock wheels in various combinations. I even learned how to paint the stock wheels and change to another car while still leaving the car in 0/0/0 form.

If you decide to downgrade, you will lose all your pictures from within the game, and you will lose all your tracks you created. You can transfer the pictures to your PS3 picture files, but I don't think you can transfer them back into the game. Don't know much about the track creation; only created one track that I lost.

You will not be able to play on-line at all unless you have the latest update installed.

I did not lose any DLC, and the DLC cars I had used were re-installed fresh and new with 0/0/0 stats. Some of the DLC I did have to re-install from the PS Store.

I ran into a problem, however, after I installed to the latest update. Most of the cars with painted stock wheels did not save correctly. They were listed in my garage, but there was a error message saying it had to be re-downloaded (or something like that). I essentially did a lot of cars for nothing, only a few of the first ones I did stayed intact with painted stock wheels.

There is also another problem I've noticed, and I think it has something to do with me downgrading GT5. My PS3 will not show the latest members online that I've met. It has a list of people I've met, but they all have a date of 12/14/2012 (yeah, in the future), and when I go on-line, the list does not change. I haven't been able to find out how to get this corrected, and I think there was been a PS3 update since. Oh, I do play MW3, and all the people listed were from MW3, and I think the latest players met list is screwed up there as well, except for the last two slots. I haven't tried re-installing MW3 to see if this corrects it or not, so I might do that soon; just need to back-up MW3 again.

If you do decide to do this, and you decide to play around with some of the cars at the 2.0 patch with painted stock wheels, let me know if it works for you. Maybe we can trade for some of the cars. I have several Maserati Gran Turismo S w/ painted stock wheels for trade. There were a few Maserati's I lost that looked cool; the burgundy color with stock burgundy painted wheels, white w/ white painted wheels. I do have a blue with stock blue painted wheels in my garage (used the same paint chip the car came with for the wheels), but I think it has miles on it. One of the cars I was really hoping to keep (I actually downgraded GT5 twice to try this) was the High End Performance G37. I had several variations of that car with stock painted wheels, and they all failed to stay in the garage. I had the stock wheels painted from various colors of the car with chrome, metallic grey, matte black, red (with the red car), and blue (tried to match the blue from the rollcage inside the car). Hell, I might try this again just to see if I can get that G37 to work.

Last edited:
sorry to revive a thread, but I'm having a similiar issue. Before I downgraded, I backed up my save, then I deleted all my racing suits, helmets, cars related to dlc's, and even switched back to the car I bought when I first started the game back in 2010. I did however change my drivers suit to the "Stigs" suit, but changed it back to one of the random suits that come up. Problem I had with doing that though is the original suits before 2.0 are no longer available. Not thinking too much of it, I proceeded to start the downgrade procedure. Deleted the game data, then started the game. It gets through the beginning process fine, but when I go into "GT Mode", it'll start to load up, then black out. The GT loading screen comes up, loads the main page for GT Mode, then blacks out again and repeats continuously. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it because my driver isn't wearing an original suit (and you just can't get them anymore in 2.05) or is it some other underlying issue? I had all the current dlc's except the test track pack. This is driving me crazy and I just can't figure it out no matter what I do.

I don't think you'll lose all of your DLC through downgrade to the obsolete version of the game, while the number of people on the grade could be sparsely unpopulated... :sly:

I'm not worried about the dlc content as I can just either reinstall it or Reactivate it. I'm just wondering what all will prevent gt mode from loading in an older version with a current version save. I'm about to go through all of my cars and start deleting cars that are 2011+ including my 3 redbull cars. (2 x2010's and 1 x2011)

Without any patch (freshly installed from DVD) I could cheat with the level 5, level 9, ticket 1000 tickets.
When I used the ticket, and the car came out (asking whether I want to use the car now or not) I pressed the PS button and exited the game, then when I reentered the game the ticket was there, untouched. So I could always get the best cars the given ticket could give.
I patched the game (downloaded all content) and now this cheat is no longer an option. I read through all the patch notes where they changed it, but I could not find anything related. I guess its right off the bat with first patch where people could go online.

I have the academy edition right now.
So I cannot win some of the NASCAR events due to not able to turn off ASM.
With the latest version save file can I play without losing any game progress if I buy a first edition of the game v1.00?
Does my current save file work on v1.00 disc?

Also some people say they cannot download the update files, is this real?
I saw it on “psnprofiles/updates unavailable” topic!

edit: did it with a v1.00 disc, updates are working though.

Last edited:
Back