Downloadable Cars and Their Effects

  • Thread starter Thread starter Downhill Dino
  • 34 comments
  • 2,219 views

Downhill Dino

Premium
Messages
11,779
United States
Maryland
Messages
DownhillDinosaur
Ok I'm having a struggle here and I don't know what to do. I got the Edge Special Camaro and hopefully some chromeline cars. But the thing is, my brother wants to keep his garage down to only cars he uses regularily or ones he'll actually use. So what do I do? I'd kick him off the PS3 and tell im to restart or copy data onto our other PS3 but our other PS3 has a wor out blu-ray reader which is why we have a new PS3. So what could I do? He was really unhappy to find the Camaro was added and is unable to get rid of.
 
Last edited:
Buy him another PS3.

Seriously, that's the only way.
 
There's no way to block the DLC cars on one specific account on the PS3.
 
There's no way to block the DLC cars on one specific account on the PS3.
What happens if you delete a DLC car off of the non-primary account? (For the discussion, we're assuming the "primary account" is the one tied to the DLC.) Does it just come back?
 
HN7
Buy him another PS3.

Seriously, that's the only way.

We don't have the money. My birthday is coming up so I guess I'll ask for the other PS3 to be fixed and another GT5.

But are there any other ways?
 
What happens if you delete a DLC car off of the non-primary account? (For the discussion, we're assuming the "primary account" is the one tied to the DLC.) Does it just come back?

Rephrase that please.
 
Rephrase that please.
You have two profiles on the PS3: Account A and Account B.

Account A downloads the DLC cars. =) <-- yay cars!

Account B now also has the DLC cars.

Account B does not want the DLC cars. >=( <-- madface!


If you delete the cars off of Account B, will they still come back, as long as Account A is still one of the accounts on the PS3?
 
Well if you manage to delete them, you could only get them again in the Playstation Store in Downloaded Content.
 
I'm not by my PS3, but I'm not sure it will let you remove them in-game. Even if it does, there is a DLC check during the long pause at the beginning of loading the game (the spot that tells you when you have cars added to your garage). That check takes place every time the game launches, and every DLC car it finds on the PS3 that you don't have in your garage gets added, and every DLC car in your garage that it can't find the activation for on that PS3 gets removed. There's no way around that.
 
Their effects


Please can someone edit the title
 
Hotdoguk
Their effects

Please can someone edit the title

Oh please. Yea it's not the right word but that doesn't need a post in here.

To OP: I would honestly tell him to deal with the fact that there is one car in his garage that he doesn't want to use. It's not like you added 500 cars that he has to sift through to find the one he wants. Or tell him to set up favorites and leave that one out of it. Seems like a petty argument that shouldn't really be any sort of big deal at all.
 
I'm hopefully going to make a deal with a guy and his chromeline cars, that's 6 cars that he won't want. Except maybe the Murcialgho. ( Mispelled D: )

Hotdoguk
Their effects


Please can someone edit the title

Oh my bad for accidentally not thinking about which one it's supposed to be. I guess I should fix it anyways, you win. :rolleyes:


Jcharrison12
Maybe the op was about the facial expressions of the DLC?

Lol. But no.
 
EliteDreamer
I'm hopefully going to make a deal with a guy and his chromeline cars, that's 6 cars that he won't want. Except maybe the Murcialgho. ( Mispelled D: )

Still seems like it shouldn't be an issue. If he really doesn't want it on there tell him to fix the other PS3. Obviously you guys have to share this one and one of the things that comes with sharing is compromise. If it was me I'd tell him to pound sand :lol:
 
If your brother gets so bent out of shape because there's one extra car in his garage, that's his problem.

Either both of you have it, or neither of you do. You'll have to figure out which one of you is the dominant brother and live by those rules.
 
If your brother gets so bent out of shape because there's one extra car in his garage, that's his problem.

Either both of you have it, or neither of you do. You'll have to figure out which one of you is the dominant brother and live by those rules.

I'm older, I win. :dopey:


The thing is about the other PS3, we don't have the money to fix it. (Yeah, we don't have jobs or allowances)

$80 for new blu-ray reader
$150 for PlayStation to fix it
 
Tell your brother to stop being a ****ing whiner.
How pathetic is he if he's making a big deal about a couple of cars being added to the garage of a game.
 
Tell your brother to stop being a ****ing whiner.
How pathetic is he if he's making a big deal about a couple of cars being added to the garage of a game.

Yeah, seriously. Your brother is either just trying to aggravate you, or he has a serious mental or similar problem.
 
Give him a slap and tell him to get over himself and sort out his OCD!!

In all seriousness there's not much you can do, he's going to have to live with it.
 
Dear OP, change so your title uses "their" and not "There"
Don't capitalize words in the middle of the sentence.
 
I feel that your brother:dunce: has misunderstood a large part of the point of the Gran Turismo games.
Some of the funny / cool / interesange things with the GT games's is to try a lot of cars different on different tracks. And hopefully find a few favorites / fun cars to drive.

He gets a for free car, I do not understand that there is a problem.
A for free car is for free car. I would only be happy, for a for free car.


Is the car any good/fun to drive?
How much did you pay to get the code?
 
Dear OP, change so your title uses "their" and not "There"


I'm getting to that, last time my laptop froze and forgot to turn it back on to fix it.

Ecchi-BANZAII!!
Don't capitalize words in the middle of the sentence.

Deal with it, that's what I do to titles.

Escudo 1800hp
Yeah, seriously. Your brother is either just trying to aggravate you, or he has a serious mental or similar problem.

Asperger Syndrome (Mispelled probably), A lower level of Autism.
 
Buying a PS3 just because your brother doesn't want a stupid virtual car?!:crazy:
You should get :mad: and do this with him :banghead:. Then he should do this to you :bowdown:.
Problem solved:sly:
 
If only it was that easy. I'm going to ask my parents for the other PS3 to be fixed and a new GT5 for my birthday (In June) and we'll transfer the data and everything. He'll stil have the Camaro right?
 
I do not think you can move the save file to another PS3
 
Well if people can copy their data and move it back after duplicating then I'd imagine it's possible. Plus there was an 2 hour discussion with my family about the transfer of data from one PS3 to another. So it'll work.

But the problem is, the older PS3 is out of usable space (40GB) and I guess it'll take a lot of deleting and arguements about what should and shouldn't go. I just wish he could deal with it. He was only interested in the Lamborghini (By the interested grunt he made) and when I told him about the XJ13 (Which you can only get in Europe) he was extremely interested, untill the sad news of it's unavailability.

All in all, I'm going to tell him to suck it up and deal with it.
 
The DLC cars are unfortunately only available on the PS3 they were downloaded on originally. Unless I am missing something because I transferred my save to another PS3 and lost the GameStop NASCAR.
 
Go to PlayStation Store and go to Downloaded Content to retrieve it. It might be in there.

But that's good news for me.
 
Back