Downloadable tracks for GT5 or INDYCAR Dallara?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rmb777
  • 17 comments
  • 3,178 views
Messages
6
I was just wondering if anyone had any idea if you would be able to download extra cars or tracks for GT5 after it is released.And,if anyone's heard if they will include a Dallara Indycar,since Indy is in the game.
 
Welcome to GTPlanet. :) First off, Indy cars will not be included in GT5 - that was an editorial mistake by the PlayStation Official Magazine. Second, Yamauchi's statements have downplayed the importance or prospects of any significant DLC being released after the game, so I wouldn't expect anything significant.
 
Yep, no Indy for us. DLC is very unlikely too, maybe some updates and bugfixes, but as everything GT5-related, it's still fuzzy and unconfirmed.
 
Ahhhh OK.I didn't think Indycar would make it in.I know no 'official' track list has been released,but from what I've heard,it doesn't sound like besides Daytona and Indy,it's gonna have anymore tracks than GT4.And the whole no Porsche thing really sucks.......Forza must have the license.
 
Not more tracks? Nurburgring GP and possibly Valencia along all GT5P tracks and a lot of others.
 
London, Madrid, Tuscany, a new layout of Rome, Eiger. There's a few new tracks we already know about.

And Forza doesn't hold the Porsche license, EA does. There's a whole thread on the subject of Porsche and why they arn't in GT5., or any GT game to date.
 
Yeah,I've heard about London,Madrid,etc....but I was hoping for Watkins Glen,and maybe Miller Motorsports Park to be included.Actually,my guess is that there's alot about the game no one knows about,and that's pretty exciting.It's going to be a pretty incredible game no matter what.I'd say easily better then Forza 3,unless customization is someone's favorite thing.GT5 has incredible looking AI,and the racing,the challenge is what I think will be incredible.
 
I wouldn't be too worried about the track list. I bet there are 50+ track variations that are not confirmed. as long as it has all the tracks GT4 had plus the new one we already know about I'll be happy. I'm looking forward to Nurburgring 24hr curcit.
 
Oh I know.Especially since you can drive the Nurburgring 24H with the day to night skies.
 
Nurburgring 24hr at night with a car that dosen't have headlights! anybody else game for a 16 player no headlight night race on the ring?
 
I wouldn't be too worried about the track list. I bet there are 50+ track variations that are not confirmed. as long as it has all the tracks GT4 had plus the new one we already know about I'll be happy. I'm looking forward to Nurburgring 24hr curcit.
According to my count 32 variations are confirmed and a further 7 are likely included so half the variations aren't confirmed.
 
Haha no headlights would be interesting.It would be cool if you could turn your headlights off in game.Then when you got up behind a car you could flash them to let the car ahead to move over.....I love it when the Audi and Peugeot teams do that.
 
It would make sense business wise to offer DLC for a price since it's a huge source of revenue even after the game itself has been sold to the consumer. I'm almost 100% sure we will see a bunch of DLC.
 
It would make sense business wise to offer DLC for a price since it's a huge source of revenue even after the game itself has been sold to the consumer. I'm almost 100% sure we will see a bunch of DLC.

I agree. There's hardly a game published now that doesn't have it.
 
I don't mind DLC but it shouldn't be used specificaly to make a profit. If a new, better version of the game or a new set of cars, or even a new track is available I'll be happy to pay another five to ten euros but if that becomes available at release already, why wouldn't it have been in the game anyway.
 
I like dlc , its good in a way because say for example need for speed shift released in mid-late 09 ,then in mar-10 it has a dlc pack with the mclaren mp4-12c [which is awsome].I would love to see dlc because say next year the 458 scuderia came out [not that it will] they could have it with say the new lamborghini and the pagani c9 and i would easily pay £4 for that pack.
 
Last edited:
Wow

5 BRP for a 3 car-pack...
no deal for me!

But I'm really curious wether there's going to be DLC apart from updates/bufixes.
I mean with that carpark (I expect 950 - 1000) and quite a nice bundle of tracks (well, it isn't going to suck...) I think I'm pretty much set up for a good and looong gaming experience.
I'd buy a track like Spa or Mugello for maybe a buck, but in perspective any other price seems hardly sensible compared to the value of the original game content...
 
Back