DR:A Drivers in Americas region

Canada
Toronto
So I recently got promoted to DR: A - yay me.
I'm currently driving DR: A/SR: A, will probably be promoted to SR: S again shortly.

I thought when I finally got to DR: A I would be getting into better lobbies, but it's been basically the same lobbies full of mostly DR: B/DR: C drivers around SR: B/A/S

My FIA Nations cup last night, I think I raced the 7pm EST version, I was setting low 1.38's in practice, and I qualified with a 1.38.4 and second place qualified with a 1.39.3 - nobody else was below a 1.40, with the majority of drivers in the 1.41's/1.42's. I won this race pretty easily (a little battling on lap 1 with 2nd, but then pulled away) and I get 453 points.

I didn't do the manufacturer cup - but I was also racing a lot of dailies at Bathurst (am not hugely comfortable on Nurb GP yet).
I had a 2.12.4 qual time, and there was ONE race where anyone else had a qual time in the 2.12's, there were a handful of 2.13's - but mostly it was 2.14 drivers.
Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing on people who aren't as fast as me - and I enjoy racing, but I thought when I got promoted to DR: A I would be driving in lobbies with people who were also DR: A, for the most part I might get 1 or 2 other DR: A drivers in my lobbies.

Are there a lack of DR: A drivers in Americas?
Where are all of you guys racing?

Agree with Ash32. I'm at B/S and all I get matched with are B, A, and S drivers. I fell to SR A once for 1 race. I qualified pole and ran away with a clean race to an unchallenged win. I have never qualified pole in the normal SR S lobbies I'm put in.

It'll be because of your safety rating that is what you are matched on first. Get a solid S and then have a driver rating of A and you'll start racing against more As.

Good to know, I'll work on my SR tonight, shouldn't be that hard seeing as most races I'm qualifying at or near P1, so cleaner races are easier to come by.

I'm stuck at DR=C and SR=S(blue), in part because I get put in races with lots of people who are 1sec lap faster [DR=A and SR=S]. Not like they need any DR or SR, they just like to win, over and over. Like you, I don't see the point if there are 100 people, let the better ones have some real competition. [And let me get a little DR :) ]
P.S. Some "S" races are wreck fests. Stay way ahead of the crazy guy behind you, he wants DR not SR.

I'm also in the America's region with a DR:A and SR:S. Since getting there, every lobby I've raced in on Sport Mode have been a mix of DR:S, A and B (the majority).However, everyone was at SR:S (no exception). Not sure if there aren't enough of DR:A drivers in the region but so far, that has been the norm and I've been at an A for over 2 weeks now (granted I don't race everyday). Not sure how it is when you get to DR:S....maybe you'll only race against S and A drivers??

Well as a SR S driver that has raced both in DR C and DR D rankings on the North American servers I can say that even as a DR D driver it was not uncommon to see at least 2 or 3 A ranked, same number of B ranked and again same number of C ranked drivers with the remainder of the field filled by D ranked drivers. These are all SR S ranked drivers as well. I have seen an average of over 10 seconds a lap difference from the first to last place Q times on the grid.
I have seen a worst of 34 seconds qualifying time differential from first to last as well. I have seen races where the time differences on the grid are so drastic at the top that only the top 6 racers finished before the "time expired" after the leader crossed the finished line. It is not unusual in D rating to only have the top 8 actually cross the finish line because of the number of A and B ranked faster drivers placed in the same race.

In my opinion there should never be a difference of more than 1 class racing in the same race. S, A or B ranked drivers should never be racing against a D ranked driver. S ranked drivers should only be ranked against S or A rated and C ranked drivers should not be racing against A ranked or higher drivers.

If it is a problem with not enough drivers of a certain rating to fill a grid adjust the criteria for the ranking classes to distribute the racers more evenly across the ranks. As it is now the average casual gamer that is D ranked will not continue to play sport mode when he consistently starts 10th or worse and is competing against racers several rankings above and several seconds a lap faster where they have absolutely no chance of winning.

The lobby matching system in Sport Mode is about as broken as the penalty mode and the BoP performance matching.

Back