DR S Rating Prevents Reset From SR Drop?

• Thread starter vvise
  • 29 comments
Canada
Canada
In a scary development tonight I finished a race at Bathurst to see a red B SR rating. Normally I think this would also tank your DR down but it didn't. I entered the next race as a SB rated driver, then SA after that, then back to SS. My SR was down to 64 but my DR never got hit by the usual reset. My actual DR stayed around the 40k mark the whole time.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, PD probably uses the DR letters instead of the actual score to see if you need to be reset. Please don't fix it.

Or do I need to drop to SR C before DR will drop down to B?

I've seen this brought up before , is there an advantage to resetting your ratings?

Not an expert on the subject but I believe it allows you to gain higher SR points back from your next race which then put you almost
back into the top tier of SR. Alpha Cipher will no doubt add more to this if required.

Your lucky haha
I had a race round Bathurst which didn’t go quite to plan
Wasn’t even that messy but my SR went to B
And my DR went from 68k to 15k was absolutely fuming
It’s only taken me 32 days logging on and playing like 3-10 races per day to get back to 64k again

I've seen this brought up before , is there an advantage to resetting your ratings?
Yes there are, but the exact advantages have changed overtime. Back then there was a glitch in the DR/SR reset system where if you reset your SR in between 30 and 15 points, your DR will shoot up to 50000 and will boost you all the way to S (now A+). This has been fixed now though so you can't do it anymore

What @darth_tails said was when the penalty system had a discriminatory stance against A drivers and above. DR B drivers and below had very lenient penalty systems, whereas A and above were really strict. It gets worse when a B rank happens to collide on an A rank, because no matter who was at fault the A driver will always take the larger penalty. Indirectly this also makes farming SR so much easier if you reset your DR to B or below which was what he was referring to. The system is different now though so this too is inapplicable anymore

The only advantage that persisted througout all the updates is that resetting your DR would mean you'll be faced against opponents on a much lower skill level than you. This makes it really easy for you to win, take poles, and fastest laps. It's the most efficient way of getting the trophies that require them, but I strongly discourage you do that.

Yes there are, but the exact advantages have changed overtime. Back then there was a glitch in the DR/SR reset system where if you reset your SR in between 30 and 15 points, your DR will shoot up to 50000 and will boost you all the way to S (now A+). This has been fixed now though so you can't do it anymore

What @darth_tails said was when the penalty system had a discriminatory stance against A drivers and above. DR B drivers and below had very lenient penalty systems, whereas A and above were really strict. It gets worse when a B rank happens to collide on an A rank, because no matter who was at fault the A driver will always take the larger penalty. Indirectly this also makes farming SR so much easier if you reset your DR to B or below which was what he was referring to. The system is different now though so this too is inapplicable anymore

The only advantage that persisted througout all the updates is that resetting your DR would mean you'll be faced against opponents on a much lower skill level than you. This makes it really easy for you to win, take poles, and fastest laps. It's the most efficient way of getting the trophies that require them, but I strongly discourage you do that.

Thanks for the awesome and very detailed response. I get it now.

Thanks to you too darth_tails. :)

Your lucky haha
I had a race round Bathurst which didn’t go quite to plan
Wasn’t even that messy but my SR went to B
And my DR went from 68k to 15k was absolutely fuming
It’s only taken me 32 days logging on and playing like 3-10 races per day to get back to 64k again
Ouch that sucks man :banghead:

Ouch that sucks man :banghead:
My kudos prime graph is great cos their is just a huge like valley in the middle when this happened look haha
2C418C20-75FC-40C8-9EF2-58DA65265E86.png

You can only reset when your SR goes 2 levels lower than your DR ranking. So if you're at DR A+, you can only get reset by going to SR B, and so on and so forth
Silly me, just experienced it today lmao

Went from 38k back to 15k. Oh well, time to get it back up.

There might still be some discrimination on DR when it comes to SR deductions. I had no trouble getting all blue ratings at Bathurst while driving from the back as DR.B However since I've hit DR.A I'm bleeding a little SR now and then while racing the same. It's hard to tell though as matchmaking has become much worse, just had two A+/S to D/S rooms where I got rammed every time I tried to pass. I only lost 3 SR in the two races so it might just be the races getting more dirty. I'm almost back to DR.B, then I can see if I suddenly go back up in SR. Barely hanging on to the fast rooms atm, 91 SR.

However can you lose DR.S status? It's not linked to DR anymore, there are DR.B drivers that show as DR.S.

There might still be some discrimination on DR when it comes to SR deductions. I had no trouble getting all blue ratings at Bathurst while driving from the back as DR.B However since I've hit DR.A I'm bleeding a little SR now and then while racing the same. It's hard to tell though as matchmaking has become much worse, just had two A+/S to D/S rooms where I got rammed every time I tried to pass. I only lost 3 SR in the two races so it might just be the races getting more dirty. I'm almost back to DR.B, then I can see if I suddenly go back up in SR. Barely hanging on to the fast rooms atm, 91 SR.

However can you lose DR.S status? It's not linked to DR anymore, there are DR.B drivers that show as DR.S.
Some further tests would be nice to confirm this. You won't lose DR S whatever you do though, just your actual ranking

SR B = <70 ? I forgot...

You can see it all on KP although the values for resets are no longer correct.

SR.E 1-9 reset to max 3K when below 5
SR.D 10-19 reset to max 15K when below 15
SR.C 20-39 reset to max 30k when below 30
SR.B 40-64
SR.A 65-79
SR.S 80-99

The 30k, 15K, 3K values are current afaik, not quite sure about the actual SR to get reset, yet you do have a little margin. In game it will show a lower DR sooner, you will keep the points until you drop further.

This DR reset thing is insane. There is no reason why the match making system shouldnt accept fast dirty drivers racing each other. They are probably mostly cleanish fast drivers clawing back SR after accidents anyways. On the other hand tanking SR from 99 to sub 50 due to 2-3 accidental races after months of SR90-99 is stupid. they should use some kind of a curve here..

Players who have time for maximum of few races per day/week loose that hard earned DR for no reason are likely to throw away the game and find a better use for their time.

PDI are really hurting their own game and its amount of active players with this. Hear that PDI?

I’ve had a few resets. If we’re honest though, it doesn’t happen by accident. Every time I’ve been reset, I proper lost my s##t with someone. To the point that I started doing online research about emotional disorders. You don’t get reset for track violations or accidental bumping. You need to be a complete prick.

No they don't. They might come on this site every now and then, but they'll probably never read this thread
Sadly - im very aware of that. :cheers::lol:

I’ve had a few resets. If we’re honest though, it doesn’t happen by accident. Every time I’ve been reset, I proper lost my s##t with someone. To the point that I started doing online research about emotional disorders. You don’t get reset for track violations or accidental bumping. You need to be a complete prick.
Is that really so? I have never suffered a reset my self, but i assumed its purely automatic when your SR go something like two grades below your DR? No matter if its intentional dirtines or whether one is trying to get help to ones issues or not. Nice to hear you are seaking help.. :cheers::lol:

Last edited:
DR reset levels are listed here.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did still have a threshold where the behaviour changes, and 30000 DR (B/A boundary) is where the penalties had their threshold. It's still a terrible idea to have a threshold when people on both sides of it can be in the same races, because then it's not a level playing field.

I've dropped to 77 (A) once after a horrible race at Interlagos. Next day was Monza and i knew it would be a big risk but i had a great qualy time so i couldnt resist entering some races. Was so scared when the grid showed up and it was all B-A, C-A and D-A drivers behind me. Thankfully got trough the first corners without any problems and managed to get back to 99 that day without any major incidents.

Disagree.

I've lost half my DR twice now and both times i just had a string of 3 to 5 races where i have had accidental contact OR been pushed off and when trying to get back on rub the guy that punted me.

Disagree.

I've lost half my DR twice now and both times i just had a string of 3 to 5 races where i have had accidental contact OR been pushed off and when trying to get back on rub the guy that punted me.
What track did it happen?
Do you also have any videos?
I mean, looking at your stats I wouldn't exactly take your word that it's always someone else's fault
Screenshot_2018-08-31-22-47-28.png

You can only blame other players for so long without actually having an SR graph that shows you're clean yourself

Last edited:
I had this happen, been windging about it, now im locked out with Ce-34878-0 errors. Just take my advice and suck it up. At least you can and anow have good reason to mix it up again. I was settling in to that and i guess all the bull and poo emoji i sent to japan have come back to haunt me? Oh well?

Back