I saw full c s room yesterday. West Coast 17:00. Slow but clean race...
@Winnie847 summed up my thoughts well. Nice post!
I think the best way to get the best experience out of the game in dailies is to set a qual that represents within say .5 or so of what you can do in race.
You will start with folks right around your speed. FIA is excellent matchmaking too. Plus your sr is protected by race length.
I’ve noticed a trend here of people complaining of dirty driving in s rooms in dailies.
Yes it happens. Often though what can cause trouble is qual time and racecraft though. If you spend too much time on qual and get that super for you time you might start with drivers who are faster in race and have good racecraft.
You are then forced to deal wih pressure.
I’ve been guilty of this also. Spend too much time getting that qual, but maybe unable to hold it up in race.
If you are in full serious mode you gotta set that time, but for strictly the best experience a qual close to racepace is best imo. This way you won’t be driving the mirrors right out the gate.
Often too, and I did this also, those first times among a fast lobby you might push and make mistakes and get a bit physical. If you are not used to it racecraft wise it can lead to anger/frustration. I always save replays and rewatch from multiple perspectives.
Usually though trouble in s rooms is caused when you get the 99sr for the first time types in there...
Also it’s important to try to have consistent racepace, I have seen many players that run on absolute edge every lap, when you are doing that you aren’t in control.
If you have been had on a straight make your choice early move inside to defend or stay on racing line, recognize what’s around you. It’s difficult!
Part of racepace and consistency is awareness. Plus at mid b and below remember that the drivers are not always in control. Account for it and find a pace you can run comfortably while keeping control. A good mid pack race is great fun.
In race there’s distractions.
I’d say if you are not nose to nose side by side entering the braking zone just keep in line.
Way too many drivers try to make hopeless ‘moves’ at lower levels.
I think though that although you may need to slow a bit for control you will start to find an appreciation for the fun of racing.
I harp all the time on the yellow line tcs and cones. Those will help immensely.
It’s quite obvious observing many players on my alt account, everything in car default basically running the line you will get good results.
I’m on a soapbox I know, but racing is not every lap 110 percent. Try controlled 90.
Also in the last lap or two you kinda have to be a pirate. Don’t leave yourself vulnerable. Don’t give opportunity for people. Sometimes if you made a mistake you’ll get passed. It happens. Watch replays.
Anticipate!
Last lap...
Sr dr doesn’t matter true, fun is what matters.
I think though that the matchmaking does a pretty good job overall, if a person can accept what their true ability is and apply some effort to drive in control.
Sometimes unavoidable incidents will happen, but driving within yourself, these should always be the exception.
Ok off soapbox.
EDIT
NEVER NEVER NEVER MISS A BRAKE POINT, NEVER NEVER HIT THE GUY AHEAD BECAUSE YOU LATE BRAKED LOL