Drag Racing

• Thread starter FASSTRUK
  • 19 comments
:gtpflag:I would say 70% of Us "The Gran Turismo Community" Drag Race & we need at least Two drag strips & Drag Radial tires... We would love to build full drag cars, but at least let us take the current vehicles in GT6 to a drag strip and be able to tune the cars more appropriately for drag racing if we like to. That would be more of our freedom of expression. Thank you
:gtplanet::cheers::gtplanet:

We had a drag strip in Vegas which was very fictitious... We need something more real... We need a racetrack like Old Bridge Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ, or a different real life track where there is a Christmas tree & people line up to race 💡

Come on guys like drag racing. And not just for drag racing but using the times to help you fine tune a car and shifting points to get the best times and speeds so that you can use the car on track.

How do I know if adding an ecu with some more bhp and a higher rev limit is faster than adding equal pp parts that don't increase the rev limit and be able to test reliably?

How much time does a carbon prop shaft save me every time I accelerate 1/4 of a mile or am I better off with a better clutch?

No idea am I meant to guess?

How do I know if adding an ecu with some more bhp and a higher rev limit is faster than adding equal pp parts that don't increase the rev limit and be able to test reliably?

How much time does a carbon prop shaft save me every time I accelerate 1/4 of a mile or am I better off with a better clutch?

No idea am I meant to guess?

Good question about the carbon drive shaft, I know it does increase response, it is used on road race cars just like the ultra light fly wheels, but an ultra light fly wheel makes the car slower when it comes to drag race. thats why GT5 was better in tuning because you could buy the triple plate clutch seperate & use it with a regular fly wheel for drag racing, but in Gran Turismo World, I think the lighter the flywheel the faster the car no matter what, except on hills, they even tell you when you buy the triple plate clutch with the ultra light fly wheel that your car may slow down going up hill if it doesnt have a powerful engine. I also hate the fact that you can not buy a Sports air filter & a race air filter & the race intake manifold seperate. We'll see what happens in the future updates.

That be really cool if there was a Track Drag course & a Street Drag race. like the Street set up almost like Rally with people moving, Cars parked on the side & a person as a Tree to start.

The only truly great problem I see with this is having a full lobby doing drag races.....

Now, if they used Route X, I can see a pair of people every 1/2 mile.

But, hmm.... I just don't know enough about community features to have a clue how this COULD work.....

they had a dragstrip in gt4,it should still be here because everyone at some point tries a drag race at indy because that is the only place where people do 1/4 mile drags but imagine if we had a proper drag strip and drag radials and even possibly nitromethane fuel exclusively for the dragstrip

Santa_Pod_1.jpg

A drag strip gets my vote.

That be really cool if there was a Track Drag course & a Street Drag race.
Street Drag- good idea. PD can use existing tracks like Tokyo's main straight or even London or Barcelona's short layout, should be fun!

Latest Posts

Back