nova ss '70
cuda '70
chevelle 70
charger super bee 71
cuda 71
trans am 78
gnx 87
camaro irocz 88

I basically know how to perform the trans flip but i need to know how to tune the suspension for drag and whats the best meters to run in drag? manual or auto trans? whats the best driving settings?

Righto, this is nice and simple ( applicable to all cars )

max/max
min/max
1/10
10/1
7/7

3/0
-1/0.60 ( people can debate rear toe all they want... it still works )

Always run a manual trans

As for room settings
Track should be on real....
And boost should be off. Really hate how many rooms I've seen with the wrong settings.

Righto, this is nice and simple ( applicable to all cars )

max/max
min/max
1/10
10/1
7/7

3/0
-1/0.60 ( people can debate rear toe all they want... it still works )

Always run a manual trans

As for room settings
Track should be on real....
And boost should be off. Really hate how many rooms I've seen with the wrong settings.
Especially when boost is on. And rooms that have tire wear on.

I'm new to the drag racing as you can tell but how do you start the drag race? Who determines when to start?

I'm new to the drag racing as you can tell but how do you start the drag race? Who determines when to start?

Small video not the best but it will basically show you what people do when they drag race. Just join a pro lobby and I am sure people on there are willing to help. We use indy road course for drags and some others may use ssrx or whatever other track they like.

Small video not the best but it will basically show you what people do when they drag race. Just join a pro lobby and I am sure people on there are willing to help. We use indy road course for drags and some others may use ssrx or whatever other track they like.[/quo

Thanks bro, how should I set my LSD?

The lsd has no real affect in drag racing.
I set it to 60/60/20 just to make me happy.

Go dawgs!!

Low grip reduction makes it so grass on tires won't affect grip on the track, so if you go off-course on your way to the strip or during a race, it won't make you spin out on the next race. Real also has random grip loss problems that we've experienced, so we choose to run on low because it has the best grip for what we do.

Also, if you read what the setting is, you'd realize that "low grip reduction" is better than "real grip reduction" because real reduction means more reduction of grip on track edge - which is what the yellow lines on Indy would be classified as.

Hence why we use real.
Don't know how you conduct your races, but we don't start on the yellow.
And if you get grass on your tyres before you run, well too bad for you.
If all you set your rooms up for best possible grip, you may as well use SRF.

Last edited:
If that's the case, and you like to run inconsistently, maybe you should use sport soft tires too because racing soft have too much grip. Driving aids are a far cry from using optimum room settings. Maybe Auz rooms aren't as competitive as the U.S. ones; that's cool, then you won't have to deal with the drama we do on a normal basis. I prefer to use low.

There is nothing inconsistent about it. And I'm yet to hear anyone complain about room setting in one of our lobbies.

Not sure how it could be considered optimal room settings when "low" is in fact a mild form of a driving aid.

But each to their own...

972a6ca5b0ff003812cd9cab145ff1dee815790dbb578527d076d8442d957127.jpg

Low grip.
Drive on grass, proceed to drag with no traction issues. <--- Arcade

Real grip.
Drive on grass, proceed to do a burnout to clean the tires, proceed to drag. <--- Realistic

Sorry if we prefer a more realistic approach to drag racing.

I just love how it's 4-5 years later and just now everyone is bitching about it.

I just love how it's 4-5 years later and just now everyone is bitching about it.

I started GT5 beginning of this year, apart from that there is 3 active people discussing the differences. We must have a small playerbase if 3 people is "Everyone".

Im just here to mark the distance the pee pee travels

Is that with boost on weak or strong ?

You weren't around in 2010-2011 when this place was crawling with drag racers. I was leader of one of the best teams around for a long time. Smoke here was actually a member for a while.

In fact most of the guys still around were at one point or another.

Low grip reduction makes it so grass on tires won't affect grip on the track, so if you go off-course on your way to the strip or during a race, it won't make you spin out on the next race. Real also has random grip loss problems that we've experienced, so we choose to run on low because it has the best grip for what we do.

Also, if you read what the setting is, you'd realize that "low grip reduction" is better than "real grip reduction" because real reduction means more reduction of grip on track edge - which is what the yellow lines on Indy would be classified as

I don't know if you noticed bud but if you go on the grass all you have to do is A MASSIVE BURNOUT trust me it actually works you get all the dirt and grass off the tires, don't beleive me? lets put it to the test :D i've tested it many time's lol plus i perfer real because thats what im trying to get a "Real" drag expierence :rolleyes: lol

You weren't around in 2010-2011 when this place was crawling with drag racers. I was leader of one of the best teams around for a long time. Smoke here was actually a member for a while.

In fact most of the guys still around were at one point or another.
AMEN 👍 the good ole years lol

Suddenly realism is a top priority over room integrity? I didn't post here to argue with you guys; you can set up your room any way you'd like, and I'll set my rooms the way I like. Useless drama is useless.

Love how its been 4-5 years since you've played, yet here you are making comments about it.

I could be off the mark with this, but considering the strip isn't bitumen.... wouldn't it be considered "off track"?
If that's the case, then LOW grip certainly is an aid. :crazy:

Always have and always will set rooms up with real settings.
That's just how we do things down under.

Suddenly realism is a top priority over room integrity? I didn't post here to argue with you guys; you can set up your room any way you'd like, and I'll set my rooms the way I like. Useless drama is useless.
didn't mean to argue with you bro just wondered if you knew how to get the dirt off yar tires

I quit playing actively around the beginning of 2013, then it was on and off until I basically gave up hope on Gran Turismo.

I'm not here to fight with you guys, just passing through. I just thought it was kinda funny how it's such a big deal now but not back then when everyone was talking about realism, or when the place was packed with racers.

Hope this doesn't change anything between us all 👍

I quit playing actively around the beginning of 2013, then it was on and off until I basically gave up hope on Gran Turismo.

I'm not here to fight with you guys, just passing through. I just thought it was kinda funny how it's such a big deal now but not back then when everyone was talking about realism, or when the place was packed with racers.

Hope this doesn't change anything between us all 👍
Yea it does because you still like FORD :mad: MOPAR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Back